Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Dalton Struggling from a Clean Pocket since 2015
(10-22-2019, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't understand what you mean by this gibberish.

I am the last person to say that we should keep doing the same thing.  But it is even more stupid to say that we should change just for the sake of change.  For example, do you think we should start punting on third down?  If not then according to your logic you are insane for wanting to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

All I asked is why you are blaming the poor running game on Dalton.  Could you just answer that question?

Just what does Dalton throwing to the other team have to do with the running game? This is your childish way of deflecting instead of having a conversation.I guess I will just have to do like many others and ignore your posts . Tired of hearing " ITS NOT DALTON FAULT, ITS NOT DALTONS FAULT ,ITS NOT DALTONS FAULT...…"
Reply/Quote
I don't need these stats. I have eyes and can see that this oline would be a shitty college oline. Have never seen a line this bad in 35 years of watching football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:58 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Just what does Dalton throwing to the other team have to do with the running game? 

Uh, that is not the question I asked at all.  I don't know where that even came from.  I asked why you were blaming our poor running game on Dalton.  Perhaps you did not notice that our RBs had ZERO yards on 16 carries.

(10-22-2019, 03:58 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  This is your childish way of deflecting instead of having a conversation.

No.  

My idea of "childish way of deflecting" would be refusing to answer a simple question and instead pretend that some other question had been asked.
Reply/Quote
Hate to say it, but I'll actually be hoping for the worst for Dalton come sunday. I hope he throws 5 interceptions.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is a good QB capable of taking a team to the playoffs with an above average O line.

90% of the criticism and blame lies at the feet of the people who have made the personnel and draft  decisions not Dalton.

Ironic that the fall of the old Bengals started when the Browns decided Max Montoya was too old and this collapse coincides with Whit and Z departing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 06:14 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Dalton is a good QB capable of taking a team to the playoffs with an above average O line.

90% of the criticism and blame lies at the feet of the people who have made the personnel and draft  decisions not Dalton.

Ironic that the fall of the old Bengals started when the Browns decided Max Montoya was too old and this collapse coincides with Whit and Z departing.

All this thread is about is that Dalton struggles...when he's not being rushed. So people can blame the offensive line, but he's not under pressure every throw. And he's not good when he's under no pressure.

But, YES - This team is a trainwreck from management to coaching to players...and Dalton definitely isn't the major issue.

Honestly, even IF we had Whitworth and Zeitler...we'd still have major issues.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 07:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: All this thread is about is that Dalton struggles...when he's not being rushed. So people can blame the offensive line, but he's not under pressure every throw. And he's not good when he's under no pressure.

If a QB less than 2.5 seconds to throw before being "under pressure" that is still going to have an impact on his production.

You and Goodberry are trying to make it sound like Andy has time to sit in the pocket and go through all of his progressions before being "under pressure".  That is not what is happening at all.  Instead Daltons' pressure numbers are only low because he is getting rid of the ball quicker than any QB in the league.  
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 07:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If a QB less than 2.5 seconds to throw before being "under pressure" that is still going to have an impact on his production.

You and Goodberry are trying to make it sound like Andy has time to sit in the pocket and go through all of his progressions before being "under pressure".  That is not what is happening at all.  Instead Daltons' pressure numbers are only low because he is getting rid of the ball quicker than any QB in the league.  

That was posted in this thread. He was sacked like 6 times under 2.5 seconds.

That said, there are times when he isn't under pressure...and he struggles. Personally, I think playing behind this bad line ruined him. He gets happy feet and gets rid of the ball when there isn't pressure sometimes.

But, I doubt that Finley would be some great passer either here. When you have no rushing game...it's always bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 07:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That said, there are times when he isn't under pressure...and he struggles. 

And a big part of that is because he has to throw the ball so quickly to avoid being under pressure.

There is a HUGE difference between not being under pressure for 2.5 seconds and not being under pressure for 3.5 seconds.  The QB who has the "clean pocket" for another full second is going to put up way better numbers.
Reply/Quote