Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Dalton Struggling from a Clean Pocket since 2015
(10-22-2019, 01:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Actually though...it talks about how poor he's been when not pressured. Not sure it vindicates him.

The reason his pressure percentage is so low is because he gets rid of the ball so quick.

Also funny how you never post his numbers under pressure.  They may not be very good, but I wonder why they aren't posted in this discussion since the main problem everyone seems to be having with Dalton is how he responds to pressure.
Reply/Quote
I've always liked Dalton. I think he's been a solid QB. However, it's time to find his replacement either this upcoming draft or the next.
I'd prefer the team be smart and try to free up some of his 2020 cap of $17.7 mill by either trade, release, or negotiate a new contract but they probably won't.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
**Waiting for all the threads from Pistons about what a great job Turner has done teaching pass blocking to our O-line.**
Reply/Quote
According to Next Gen stats Dalton ranks 37th out of 38 QBs in "time to throw"

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw
Reply/Quote
According to Next Gen stats Dalton ranks 37th out of 38 QBs in "time to throw"

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 01:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I actually didn't see those, but I'll post them. Thanks for pointing them out!

Actually though...it talks about how poor he's been when not pressured. Not sure it vindicates him.

It's clear to the statistics and eye test that the offense is getting the ball out quickly because the offensive line can't block. 
Does Dalton have problems sure but he's definitely not the biggest problem on the team like the Narrative you wanted to show in the OP. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to Next Gen stats Dalton ranks 37th out of 38 QBs in "time to throw"

I just looked at rushing stats. Mixon had 8+ defenders in the box less than 6% of the time. Teams aren't even trying to stop our run...and are stopping it.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 01:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just looked at rushing stats. Mixon had 8+ defenders in the box less than 6% of the time. Teams aren't even trying to stop our run...and are stopping it.

Yikes

Reply/Quote
His biggest issues are that he's unable to avoid pressure -- 5th highest sack rate when pressured.

And he's been terrible when NOT pressured. Near the bottom in every metric.

He's seeing ghosts because the OL is poor, but the truth is he's getting a fair amount of clean chances

— JG (@JoeGoodberry) October 21, 2019 Report

This is the truth for anybody that's willing to tell the truth.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 01:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: His biggest issues are that he's unable to avoid pressure -- 5th highest sack rate when pressured.

And he's been terrible when NOT pressured. Near the bottom in every metric.

He's seeing ghosts because the OL is poor, but the truth is he's getting a fair amount of clean chances

— JG (@JoeGoodberry) October 21, 2019 Report

This is the truth for anybody that's willing to tell the truth.

Yeah it goes to pocket presence. He's not good at all at avoiding sacks.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 01:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: His biggest issues are that he's unable to avoid pressure -- 5th highest sack rate when pressured.

You can't say that is all the QBs blame.  If good QBs could avoid pressure then they would never get sacked.

All this says to me is that when Dalton is under pressure it is heavier pressure than most other QBs in the league.

Like I said, Goodberry is starting to sound more and more like a troll.

Anyone got the numbers on how Dalton ranks among QBs when under pressure?  I thought that was the issue everyone has been talking about around here.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 01:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah it goes to pocket presence. He's not good at all at avoiding sacks.

Who are the 4 QBs that get sacked more often when under pressure?

I'll bet they are probably among the more mobile QBs who hold on to the ball longer trying to make a play downfield.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 01:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just looked at rushing stats. Mixon had 8+ defenders in the box less than 6% of the time. Teams aren't even trying to stop our run...and are stopping it.

And that has a residual effect on our passing game.

1.  More defenders dropping in coverage.

2.  Much easier to defend a 3rd and 8 than a 3rd and 4.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From looking at those stats it appears that you are blaming Dalton for the poor running game.

Why is that?
Dalton is no threat in the throwing game so defenses emphasize stopping the run. No defensive coordinator in the NFL is loosing sleep at night praying ............MY LORD, HOW DO WE STOP ANDY DALTON   Pray
More like, we're facing Andy Dalton  Happy
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 02:10 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Dalton is no threat in the throwing game so defenses emphasize stopping the run. No defensive coordinator in the NFL is loosing sleep at night praying ............MY LORD, HOW DO WE STOP ANDY DALTON   Pray
More like, we're facing Andy Dalton  Happy

Sorry, wrong again.

Bengals face 8 in the box less than almost any team in the league.

Mixon has only ran against 8 in the box 6% of the time.  That is the 3rd lowest number out of 45 RBs with at least 35 carries.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From looking at those stats it appears that you are blaming Dalton for the poor running game.

Why is that?

You think Dalton was lighting up the Jags. Its catch 22 if you can't run you probably can't pass. If you can't pass you probably can't run. All the rest of the fans to do something different. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity but it is obvious some fans  are a few bricks short of a load.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:33 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I took toast off ignore for 48 hours and I immediately regretted my decision and threw him back in the brig.

Reading this thread and seeing all his drivel being quoted by others makes me question my judgment for giving him that 48 hour furlough.

(10-22-2019, 12:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m getting close myself lol

It sucks when one single poster can make a good board so unbearable.

It's so sad that you guys can't handle facts and/or an opposing viewpoint. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 02:36 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You think Dalton was lighting up the Jags. Its catch 22 if you can't run you probably can't pass. If you can't pass you probably can't run. All the rest of the fans to do something different. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity but it is obvious some fans  are a few bricks short of a load.

I can't understand what you mean by this gibberish.

I am the last person to say that we should keep doing the same thing.  But it is even more stupid to say that we should change just for the sake of change.  For example, do you think we should start punting on third down?  If not then according to your logic you are insane for wanting to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

All I asked is why you are blaming the poor running game on Dalton.  Could you just answer that question?
Reply/Quote
I find this hard to believe...

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 02:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I find this hard to believe...

PFF keeps track of a lot of stats but I have always said that their individual player rankings are a waste of time.

People around here seem to praise PFF when it supports their position, but disregard it when it doesn't.

I'll bet Trollberry, the PFF guru, never mentioned this.
Reply/Quote