Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton has pretty great numbers over the past 5 games
(11-28-2017, 10:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep..... :andy:

Can hardly wait for the start Driskel threads after AJM is traded. LMAO

Will never hear this from me, but I for one do not hate Driskell and think he is a fine backup QB. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is actually pretty funny.  You are now defending Dalton and I am the old Curmudgeon that keeps saying things like "They still suck" or "Marv still the coach?  Won't matter...".

Friends, Pistons and I are not being held hostage by Fred in a basement somewhere with our User IDs reversed.  What you are witnessing is a real transformation and could only happen to fans of the Bengals.   

I actually was never a Dalton basher. I've always thought he was somewhere around the 12th best QB in the NFL.

There are some QB's better than him. There are a decent bit worse than him.

I'm mainly negative about ownership and their lack of a scouting department and not signing free agents.

I'm actually more positive on Marvin than a lot here. I think he's succeeded to some extent in a place where management makes it hard to win. The 0-7 in the playoffs is indefensible though...although for most of those losses we were the underdog lower seed. His record against the Steelers and in primetime games is indefensible too.

During the 90's and most of the 2000's I was extremely positive. 'Bad luck' I'd say on draft picks. At some point I realized it was just bad management or stubborn management that does things different than most of the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Will never hear this from me, but I for one do not hate Driskell and think he is a fine backup QB. 

I agree, I really like his scrambling ability.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dalton has been pretty good. Nothing exceptional, but pretty good.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dalton has been pretty good. Nothing exceptional, but pretty good.

.....which is exactly what he is.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dalton has been pretty good. Nothing exceptional, but pretty good.

So people pretty much assume Wentz will be the MVP. Over the past 5 games Dalton has equaled and in some cases surpassed his numbers. I'd say that is exception.

With a poor offensive line and no running game...none-the-less.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....which is exactly what he is.

Pretty much. I also dont think its any coincidence that Dalton has played better as the offensive line has played better. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Pretty much. I also dont think its any coincidence that Dalton has played better as the offensive line has played better. 

Me either my friend, me either.  It's also no coincidence that 2015 was his best year, because he was playing behind the best line since the days of Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, Bobbie Williams, Steiny, etc.

Some people just don't seem to understand (apparently including our FO) that Dalton is a pretty damn good QB if you give him time.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: Me either my friend, me either.  It's also no coincidence that 2015 was his best year, because he was playing behind the best line since the days of Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, Bobbie Williams, Steiny, etc.

Some people just don't seem to understand (apparently including our FO) that Dalton is a pretty damn good QB if you give him time.

That's true of 95% of the QB's in the league. Roethlisberger and Rodgers are the only exceptions that I can think of and maybe Brady.

One year Roethlisberger got sacked 50 times and had great numbers. Of course, I didn't dig deeper and look into the hit stats either. Fans in Pittsburgh would blame him and say he held onto the ball too long. You just can't win as a QB.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So people pretty much assume Wentz will be the MVP. Over the past 5 games Dalton has equaled and in some cases surpassed his numbers. I'd say that is exception.

With a poor offensive line and no running game...none-the-less.

Im not even talking about the comparison to Wentz, because in my opinion I think Wentz has been somewhat overrated this season. 

Dalton has managed the game nice recently. He has played well and we are winning. My panties aren't getting incredibly wet beating up on terrible teams while Dalton is passing for 150-200 yards per game, though. 

Again, he and the offense has played well recently but there are still things to be desired. 

Monday night is going to be very telling about how far this offense has come, especially the offensive line. If the offensive line plays well and keeps Dalton upright and gives him time, I think Dalton has a really good game.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 10:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There are those here that think Dalton is the entire problem with this team.  And if we had _________________ fill in the blank QB all would be well.

And they couldn't be more wrong !

As far as making the playoffs it's an extreme long shot.

I definitely agree with the bolded, and that's primarily because of the remaining schedules for the Bengals and Ravens.

Ravens are one game ahead of the Bengals record-wise and will likely own the tiebreaker.
Their remaining schedule: Lions, Steelers, Colts, Browns, Bengals
Bengals remaining schedule: Lions, Steelers, Vikings, Bears, Ravens

It will take an upset or two by the Bengals to have any shot at the playoffs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's true of 95% of the QB's in the league. Roethlisberger and Rodgers are the only exceptions that I can think of and maybe Brady.

One year Roethlisberger got sacked 50 times and had great numbers. Of course, I didn't dig deeper and look into the hit stats either. Fans in Pittsburgh would blame him and say he held onto the ball too long. You just can't win as a QB.  Hilarious

I think pocket awareness and pocket mobility are so underrated in this league. Extending the play is huge. If you can sidestep people in the pocket and avoid sacks (something that Ben, Brees, Rodgers do so well) it goes such a long way with the offense. 

Andy doesnt quite have that ability. He can roll out of the pocket fine, but as far as staying in the pocket and extending plays, he has trouble with it.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep..... :andy:

Can hardly wait for the start Driskel threads after AJM is traded. LMAO

Of course!  We need a mobile QB behind this line....not a scheme from a coach qualified to coach an Ohio Div III High School team (to a .500 record). 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just copied and pasted that entire article from ESPN...but it's over the past 5 games. Not since when Lazor took over.

I double checked it and it is actually correct...59% completion % over the past 5 games.  I would sure take that with the ZERO INTs.  Folks get mad when Dalton throws it away to avoid a sack, but as I have stated SOOO many times on here, his receivers are not getting much separation, so if it isn't there, he throws it away and lives to fight another play.

God, does he suck.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I double checked it and it is actually correct...59% completion % over the past 5 games.  I would sure take that with the ZERO INTs.  Folks get mad when Dalton throws it away to avoid a sack, but as I have stated SOOO many times on here, his receivers are not getting much separation, so if it isn't there, he throws it away and lives to fight another play.

God, does he suck.  

The only problem I have when Dalton throws it away is on 4th down with the game on the line.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The only problem I have when Dalton throws it away is on 4th down with the game on the line.  Hilarious

yeah that was a bad play...  you could tell how frustrated he was that whole game
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The only problem I have when Dalton throws it away is on 4th down with the game on the line.  Hilarious

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Dalton is not the problem

Offensive line was and is the problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No there’s not.

You may not have said he was "the" problem, but there's at least 1 that I know by name that's said just that very thing (though I will not 'name-and-shame' him here).

(11-28-2017, 10:57 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Dalton never was the problem. People act like you can just get a better QB anywhere and that is simply not true.

It's like these people don't know any of the Bengals history from the 90s!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say those are great numbers, but he has had very good 'game manager' type of numbers though in that span.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote