Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton has pretty great numbers over the past 5 games
(11-27-2017, 11:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Let's talk playoffs a week from today. We should know all we need to know by then.

Dalton could end up with one of the best year of his career given the circumstances.

PLAYOFFS?  PLAYOFFS?  PLAYOFFS??
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: You've seen me say negative statements in other threads and I'm going to do it again.  LMAO

Playoffs at this point is a joke. We'll need 9 wins to make it in and we have 5 wins currently. Only problem is there are only 5 games left and two of those are against teams that previously blew out the Bengals this year (Steelers and Ravens). Two more games are against teams with winning records (the Vikings and the Lions). The Bengals have only one win against a team with a winning record this year and that was the Bills who are currently 6-5.

Basically, the Bengals, who have one win against a winning team is going to play 4 teams with winning records over the next 5 weeks.

I'm sorry, but Marvin Lewis isn't that good. This OL is that bad. The team selected the wrong guy to help them this year with the #9 pick. And as decent a QB that Andy Dalton is, he's not good enough to carry this team down the stretch.

If you want to hear delusional thinking, check out this video clip:

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26717/cincinnati-bengals-2017-draft-picks-analysis-for-every-selection

Yeah I ran the ESPN playoff calculator just now and did several scenarios, and it's hard to fine one where the Bengals make the playoffs at 8-8. 

We pretty much have to take 2 wins out of the Steelers, Vikings and Ravens games, while also beating the Lions and Bears. That's hard to imagine.

(11-28-2017, 11:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Pretty much. I also dont think its any coincidence that Dalton has played better as the offensive line has played better. 

He's played better since the switch to Lazor. 104.1 rating since then.

(11-28-2017, 12:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wouldn't say those are great numbers, but he has had very good 'game manager' type of numbers though in that span.

3500 yard, 32 TD pace is game managing? Game managers lean on run game and defense. We have a terrible run game and an average defense.

Thanks to an all-time worst run game, we're not sustaining drives, so it's going to be hard for Dalton to hit 4000 yards. This doesn't make him a game manager though. He's pretty much our entire offense, not some hack QB borrowing the Ferrari and trying not to wreck it. He's more like Kyle Busch trying to drive a rusty Ford Fiesta at Talladega.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 01:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I ran the ESPN playoff calculator just now and did several scenarios, and it's hard to fine one where the Bengals make the playoffs at 8-8. 

We pretty much have to take 2 wins out of the Steelers, Vikings and Ravens games, while also beating the Lions and Bears. That's hard to imagine.

3500 yard, 32 TD pace is game managing? Game managers lean on run game and defense. We have a terrible run game and an average defense.

Thanks to an all-time worst run game, we're not sustaining drives, so it's going to be hard for Dalton to hit 4000 yards. This doesn't make him a game manager though. He's pretty much our entire offense, not some hack QB borrowing the Ferrari and trying not to wreck it. He's more like Kyle Busch trying to drive a rusty Ford Fiesta at Talladega.

Kyle Busch?  KYLE. BUSCH? :paul:

You're dead to me now..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Kyle Busch?  KYLE. BUSCH? :paul:

Maybe you prefer he said, "Dick Trickle"? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 01:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I ran the ESPN playoff calculator just now and did several scenarios, and it's hard to fine one where the Bengals make the playoffs at 8-8. 

The total Bengal scenario would be beating the Steelers, Bears, and Lions...the needing to beat the Ravens to make the playoffs and losing.

Or beating the Steelers and Vikings and losing to the Bears.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Kyle Busch?  KYLE. BUSCH? :paul:

Fine. Kevin Harvick? I'm not a race fan lol. I'm just picking names I've heard of.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If the team keeps getting better, then I will suspect the team was out of shape at the beginning of the year and thus were getting man-handled at the line. Maybe fire the conditioning coaches.. or demote them to water boys.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe you prefer he said, "Dick Trickle"? Ninja

Hey now.....Mr. Trickle passed away a couple of years ago...no need to drag his name through the mud of Jungle Noise..... Rant

(11-28-2017, 02:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fine. Kevin Harvick? I'm not a race fan lol. I'm just picking names I've heard of.

Kevin Harvick?  KEVIN. HARVICK?!?!?!?!? :paul:

LMAO

(srsly tho....KB is a dick....lol)

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Kevin Harvick?  KEVIN. HARVICK?!?!?!?!? :paul:

LMAO

Hmmm...Dale Jr is retired, right? So is Tony Stewart. I'm running our of names bro. 

Who is your damn driver already???  Gaah
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 01:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 3500 yard, 32 TD pace is game managing? Game managers lean on run game and defense. We have a terrible run game and an average defense.

In a 5 game span averaging about 200 yds/game and just under 2 tds a game, yes those are 'game manager' type of numbers. Im not talking about the whole season, or a projected season, just the 5 games the op is discussing. Im also not calling him a game manager, just he has had those kind of numbers though. 

Of course I am getting nit picky here, because great numbers in a 5 game span would be something like at least 300 yards/game, and 3-4 tds a game. But I understand where the op is coming from by the context of where Daltons numbers are due to the line and the run game in those games prior to the Browns.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 11:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe Lazor has been doing a better job than it appears.

Appears so.... Offense slowly gaining an identity
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hmmm...Dale Jr is retired, right? So is Tony Stewart. I'm running our of names bro. 

LMAO Actually....as long as it isn't a Busch clown, we're good...... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: In a 5 game span averaging about 200 yds/game and just under 2 tds a game, yes those are 'game manager' type of numbers. Im not talking about the whole season, or a projected season, just the 5 games the op is discussing. Im also not calling him a game manager, just he has had those kind of numbers though. 

Of course I am getting nit picky here, because great numbers in a 5 game span would be something like at least 300 yards/game, and 3-4 tds a game. But I understand where the op is coming from by the context of where Daltons numbers are due to the line and the run game in those games prior to the Browns.

Gotcha. I still don't think 1.8 TDs per game is a game manager number. That's almost a 30 TD pace, and managers don't throw for that many. 

Alex Smith has been the epitome of game manager for almost his entire career, and has never thrown for more than 23 TDs...only hitting 20 TDs twice.

But that's picking nits myself. I kind of agree now that I'm clear on what you're saying. No, Dalton hasn't been torching teams ala Rodgers.

He's just doing a great job of taking almost everything that's there. 
Reply/Quote

Meh. He passes for like 150-200 yards a game and doesnt turn the ball over. Ill take it because we are winning but thats who Andy is. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 03:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gotcha. I still don't think 1.8 TDs per game is a game manager number. That's almost a 30 TD pace, and managers don't throw for that many. 

Alex Smith has been the epitome of game manager for almost his entire career, and has never thrown for more than 23 TDs...only hitting 20 TDs twice.

But that's picking nits myself. I kind of agree now that I'm clear on what you're saying. No, Dalton hasn't been torching teams ala Rodgers.

He's just doing a great job of taking almost everything that's there. 

I dont think you can really judge how good a quarterback (or any player) is playing based on his TDs. I dont like the TD stat at all, personally. I think its misleading. 

Dalton could have 400 yards passing and no TDs because his receiver gets tackled at the 1 yard line every potential scoring play so Mixon runs the ball in and gets the TD. 

I just dont think TDs tell the story like yards and yards per attempt do. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hmmm...Dale Jr is retired, right? So is Tony Stewart. I'm running our of names bro. 

(11-28-2017, 03:02 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: LMAO Actually....as long as it isn't a Busch clown, we're good...... LMAO

Dick Trickle
Kevin Harvick
Bill Elliott
Jeff Burton
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 03:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Meh. He passes for like 150-200 yards a game and doesnt turn the ball over. Ill take it because we are winning but thats who Andy is

Dalton has averaged 240.8 yards and 1.78 TD's per game since 2012. That's 3853 yards and 28.5 TD's per 16 games. 

So no. 150-200 yards a game and "no turnovers" is not who he is. You're just picking whatever negative slant you can find.

(11-28-2017, 03:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont think you can really judge how good a quarterback (or any player) is playing based on his TDs. I dont like the TD stat at all, personally. I think its misleading. 

Dalton could have 400 yards passing and no TDs because his receiver gets tackled at the 1 yard line every potential scoring play so Mixon runs the ball in and gets the TD. 

I just dont think TDs tell the story like yards and yards per attempt do. 

So you're more into yards then. Like when Dalton threw for 4200 yards and 18 TDs last year. 

Or was the yardage "misleading" last year?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 03:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dick Trickle
Kevin Harvick
Bill Elliott
Jeff Burton

Yeah man, all good guys, as was Jeff's brother, Ward.

For me it would go like this....

David Pearson (aka The Silver Fox)
Rusty Wallace
Jimmy Spencer (aka Mr. Excitement)
Brad Keselowski
Ryan Blaney

....also dig Robby Gordon, that guy races EVERYTHING.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 03:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton has averaged 240.8 yards and 1.78 TD's per game since 2012. That's 3853 yards and 28.5 TD's per 16 games. 

So no. 150-200 yards a game and "no turnovers" is not who he is. You're just picking whatever negative slant you can find.

So you're more into yards then. Like when Dalton threw for 4200 yards and 18 TDs last year. 

Or was the yardage "misleading" last year?

Yeah, Andy is typically the 250-300 yard guy....with the occasional outlier either way.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe you prefer he said, "Dick Trickle"? Ninja

Is the answer to that question ever "no"?   Hilarious

Just a great name and some cruel parents.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote