Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton has pretty great numbers over the past 5 games
(11-28-2017, 03:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is the answer to that question ever "no"?   Hilarious

Just a great name and some cruel parents.

I remember when he raced and Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman used to have a blast with his name.  Although Dick never won a Winston Cup race (won over 1000 short track features, ASA and USAC events, and a few Busch Series wins), they would ALWAYS make a point to tell where Trickle finished....even if it was dead last. Smirk

I also recall the joke about Jeff Gordon's "milk mustache" commercial, and what it actually was.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There are some QB's who hit their stride in their 30's like Rich Gannon. No reason to believe that Dalton won't be one of them.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 10:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Nobody gets excited by the Bengals at this point, but they're quietly rounding into form, especially on offense. The Andrew Whitworth-less offensive line was a disaster early in the season, and I'm still not sure I trust Cedric Ogbuehi at left tackle, but this passing game might have turned the corner. Let's look at two anonymous quarterbacks and how they've performed since Week 8:

Player               Gms   Cmp   Att   Cmp%   Yds   Y/Att   TD   INT   Rating
Quarterback A      5      80    135    59.3     1025  7.6      9     0      104.9
Quarterback C      4      70    122    57.4       805  6.6     11    1      104.0

He has played one additional game, but Quarterback A -- Andy Dalton -- has put up similar rate statistics to Quarterback C, who is Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz. Wentz's Total QBR has been significantly better, but if you're in the same neighborhood of raw statistics as the guy who has been solidifying his MVP candidacy, you're doing something right. Dalton also has played the Broncos and Jaguars over that stretch, so it hasn't all been against Browns-level opposition, either.

The offense might not need to contribute all that much, either. The Bengals' defense ranked 12th in DVOA heading into this week's game against the Browns, which saw them allow 405 yards while holding DeShone Kizer & Co. to 16 points. Cleveland was one of the reasons why the Bengals had the easiest remaining slate of opposing offenses heading into the week; after the Steelers next week, the Bengals finish up with the Bears, Vikings, Lions and Ravens.

Crucially, the Cincinnati defense is getting healthy, which could come in handy in December. The only starter it missed against the Browns was safety Shawn Williams, with Adam Jones and depth corner Darqueze Dennard returning to the fold. The Bengals did lose linebacker Nick Vigil during the game with an ankle injury, but they are capable of getting by with Kevin Minter and Vontaze Burfict as their linebackers in the nickel.

Cincinnati's season might very well come down to what the Bengals do against the Steelers next week and whether they can beat the Ravens in Week 17. The New York Times suggests that Bengals victories in both games would bump their playoff chances from 9 percent to 43 percent. Given how inconsistent both those teams are from week to week, it's hardly out of the question to peg Cincinnati as a surprise candidate to soar up the ranks.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx171127/ranking-11-nfl-teams-2017-playoff-picture-sneak-field

Who misses out: The Ravens would be the obvious pick to drop out of the playoff picture if the Bengals sneak in. Cincinnati also holds a head-to-head win over the Bills, which would come in handy as a tiebreaker.

Wow, that is some crazy stats Pistons. Just wow, knew he has been our best Offensive player lately but damn.

Impressive. Plus other than the Steelers i think the other games are all very winnable.
Reply/Quote
I think last year showed me more about Andy. In 2015 he was on his way to possibly the MVP till he broke his hand. Last year he had Green for a little more than half the season, same with Eifert and absolutely no running game, crappy line and he kept this team together and put up pretty damn good numbers. It's more the same this year, maybe not the numbers but play gritty good football at the moment. Sure, he's not elite and is prone to being a bonehead at times.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 07:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think last year showed me more about Andy. In 2015 he was on his way to possibly the MVP till he broke his hand. Last year he had Green for a little more than half the season, same with Eifert and absolutely no running game, crappy line and he kept this team together and put up pretty damn good numbers. It's more the same this year, maybe not the numbers but play gritty good football at the moment. Sure, he's not elite and is prone to being a bonehead at times.

You know...it's just criminal that the Bengals haven't addressed the Center position for the past decade. Just imagine what Dalton would do if we had a consistent running game.

That's why I say we're mismanaged. We need that extra 1 or 2 free agents that will put us over the top.

I don't advocate building an entire team through free agency...just 1 or 2 upgrades.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:04 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Didn't I see you making negative statements in another thread?

A few weeks ago, I might agree with you, but the line is playing better and Mixon looks like he's going to be a very dangerous weapon.  

Our pass rush looks like it's only getting stronger and Lazor looks like he's getting better and better at utilizing our weapons.  

We look like we're finally playing inspired football right now and there's no reason why we can't get a wild card spot in the playoffs.

The Steelers looked very beatable today, and there's no reason that we shouldn't be favored in every other game on the schedule with the exception of the Vikings, who we could still beat.

We could very easily only lose one more game and make the playoffs, or lose two and still possibly get in.
Again we're not making the playoffs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:46 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Again we're not making the playoffs.

I don't know.

The Bills play the Patriots twice, the Dolphins twice, and the Colts. They have 6 wins right now. You figure they beat the Colts and split with the Dolphins for 8 wins.

The Ravens play the Lions, Steelers, Browns, Colts, and Bengals. They have 6 wins right now. You figure they beat the Browns and Colts for 8 wins. Then, it comes down to the Bengals and Ravens game at the end of the year.

We likely have to get to 9 wins. I don't see us finishing 4-1.
Reply/Quote
yea but aj mcarrron would have had 40 TDs the last 4 games
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They were talking about Eli Manning's benching on the radio today, and every Giants fan that called in - and the host of the show - were saying it's hard to blame Eli when he has no run game and his receivers are injured. I couldn't help but think about Andy's situation the last couple years. Eli has handled it well IMO (he has a respectable 84.1 rating, 14 TDs to only 7 picks). Dalton has handled his situation even better.

Shame McAdoo is scapegoating a Giants legend. Shame (some) Bengals fans can't see the real problems and instead blame a guy who is doing an admirable job despite poor coaching and lack of supporting cast.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: yea but aj mcarrron would have had 40 TDs the last 4 games

Are you drunk posting again? Lol
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know...it's just criminal that the Bengals haven't addressed the Center position for the past decade. Just imagine what Dalton would do if we had a consistent running game.

That's why I say we're mismanaged. We need that extra 1 or 2 free agents that will put us over the top.

I don't advocate building an entire team through free agency...just 1 or 2 upgrades.
You won't get any argument from me. I do think tho that Redmon or Westerman are wasting away. Ahhh what do I know
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: yea but aj mcarrron would have had 40 TDs the last 4 games

42 touchdowns. 0 picks.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Andy will go zero touchdowns get sacked 6 times n have 3 picks against the Steelers this week. that should put this thread to bed until he plays another winless team n throws 2 tds again.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 06:29 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Andy will go zero touchdowns get sacked 6 times n have 3 picks against the Steelers this week. that should put this thread to bed until he plays another winless team n throws 2 tds again.

[Image: giphy.webp]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 06:29 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Andy will go zero touchdowns get sacked 6 times n have 3 picks against the Steelers this week. that should put this thread to bed until he plays another winless team n throws 2 tds again.

I do want to see how he does against the Steelers and Vikings before we we start building his statue...

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 07:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I do want to see how he does against the Steelers and Vikings before we we start building his statue...

I'll agree. 

Steelers game could make/break the season. It might be the biggest(one of the biggest) game(s) of his career, if I'm going to go that far. 

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 07:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think last year showed me more about Andy. In 2015 he was on his way to possibly the MVP till he broke his hand. Last year he had Green for a little more than half the season, same with Eifert and absolutely no running game, crappy line and he kept this team together and put up pretty damn good numbers. It's more the same this year, maybe not the numbers but play gritty good football at the moment. Sure, he's not elite and is prone to being a bonehead at times.

...and that is what keeps him from being elite.  I think 2014 was the year that he showed me he was capable.  There were a ton of injuries that season as well, and we finished 10-5-1 and backed into the playoffs.  He had 19 TDs passing, 4 rushing, and 1 receiving.  To me, he did all he could that season, and the line was good enough to keep it from being a dumpster fire.  We also had the benefit of Jeremy Hill's career year that season.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 03:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: I remember when he raced and Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman used to have a blast with his name.  Although Dick never won a Winston Cup race (won over 1000 short track features, ASA and USAC events, and a few Busch Series wins), they would ALWAYS make a point to tell where Trickle finished....even if it was dead last. Smirk

I also recall the joke about Jeff Gordon's "milk mustache" commercial, and what it actually was.....

That brought back a lot of college-days ESPN that showed the same show about 5 times a day.  I loved when Olberman would always do "Gianluca Poliuca" when there was a difficult name to pronounce, eluding to a call he made years prior.  Those old "This is Sportscenter" commercials are still hilarious and you can find a lot of them on Youtube.  

I loved when the errand boy got promoted to director or something and he's chewing out Olberman about his goldfish being dead and he says something to the effect of:  "Don't mess with me, look at that hack Kilborn, now he is slumming it over at comedy central".  Oh man, I used to laugh my ass off at those....

Steiner:  "Follow me!  Follow me to freedom!"

Hahahhahaha....
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know...it's just criminal that the Bengals haven't addressed the Center position for the past decade. Just imagine what Dalton would do if we had a consistent running game.

Mack will ALWAYS be "the one that got away".  
Reply/Quote
Dalton has preformed well recently and has dispelled the popular urban legend that NO QB could do well behind this oline.

Also kudos to Mixon's last week's performance and dispelling the other popular urban legend that NO RB could do well behind this oline.

My hope is that they continue this trend of dispelling made-up things.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote