Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton pelted by fans as he left the field
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-andy-dalton-gets-pelted-by-bengals-fan-as-he-walks-off-the-field-after-loss/

It's almost like we're following the same script as 10 years ago.

1. Find good QB/WR
2. Have some success, but disappoint overall
3. Let the line fall apart
4. Blame the QB, treat him and his family like shit, move on from said QB
5. Reboot time

Fans were yelling "we miss Carson" at Dalton, which was ironic for two reasons. One, Palmer was just as bad on Sunday and two, fans wanted to run Palmer off 7 years ago.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yes. The Bengals fans blame their best players. The GM who hasn't had 1 playoff win in 26+ years largely escapes blame.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-andy-dalton-gets-pelted-by-bengals-fan-as-he-walks-off-the-field-after-loss/

1. Find good QB/WR
5. Reboot time

Fans were yelling "we miss Carson" at Dalton, which was ironic for two reasons. One, Palmer was just as bad on Sunday and two, fans wanted to run Palmer off 7 years ago.

The one constant (well 2) HC and owner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: rs_596x341-160201175140-Groundhog_Day_again.gif]
Reply/Quote
Plot twist: our fans just have horrific aim. They missed Marvin Lewis and Dalton received some friendly fire. LOL

But seriously, disgusting behavior from our fanbase. Clearly that "you don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati" has been lost and forgotten. I constantly say the Steelers have the worst fans in sports but shit like this (as well as pelting an injured Roethlisberger on a cart, defeaning boos after Carson hit a career milestone, boos at Dalton on the field at a Reds game, dumping beer on Carson as he left the field as a raider in 2012) makes me re-think my judgement.

Come on, Cincy. Grow up.
Reply/Quote
Can't wait for all the "DALTON IS JUST A QUITTER!!!!" comments.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:28 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The one constant (well 2) HC and owner.

3.....Paul Alexander.... :paul:

AS to the OP, that's Bush League......some of these fans don't deserve to have football in Cincy.....gripes with the team, notwithstanding.  That's bullshit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-andy-dalton-gets-pelted-by-bengals-fan-as-he-walks-off-the-field-after-loss/

1. Find good QB/WR
5. Reboot time

What a bunch of miserable losers.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-andy-dalton-gets-pelted-by-bengals-fan-as-he-walks-off-the-field-after-loss/

1. Find good QB/WR
5. Reboot time

Interesting aside from the article notes that Lafell was grabbed.  I missed that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Some fans went back to the 90's mentality in just a few minutes. Embarrassing.

Most do not but the ones who do are the boisterous ones.

O-line was nonexistent and dalton had no chance. Then he started throwing quick off a 3 step drop and the linemen were just timing it and leaping to get hands on ball.

When he did get a chance like the Cody Core play, he just sucked and threw the ball 7 yards past and 7 yards wide out of bounds.

That being said his chances were limited.

Looks like a division in the fan base is on the horizon over who the Bengals starting QB should be, AJM or Dalton.

Dalton is my guy but we may need to search the waiver wire for available QB's because sadly our 3 may all get injured behind the O-line.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: 3.....Paul Alexander.... :paul:

AS to the OP, that's Bush League......some of these fans don't deserve to have football in Cincy.....gripes with the team, notwithstanding.  That's bullshit.

AMEN to the entire post.  Shameful.
Reply/Quote
WTF guys? Shocked

It isn't just Andy's fault, damn.
Reply/Quote
Reality struck the Jungle and it wasn't pretty. Obviously the one constant is Marvin (and MB). We are two years late on the needed real reboot, and may have wasted another "talented" roster in it's prime in the process.

Two years ago a new HC could have given the jolt to get this team over the hump. Now the future is a lot more uncertain.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He tried to throw the trash back, but ended up hitting a few Ravens fans....

In all seriousness this is pathetic. This team's fan base is one step from the edge ALL THE TIME.

It was WEEK 1.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: WTF guys? Shocked

Nope, but generally QBs get the blame. The opposite is true, too, when a QB gets some unearned praise for winning when, generally, it boils down to the team. 

Brady is a perfect example. He's going to go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time. Would he have had as stellar a career if he hadn't been on some of the most well balanced teams of the last 20 years? Probably not in today's NFL.

Andy didn't deserve that.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: WTF guys? Shocked

Even if it is, you don't throw shit.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I hope whoever throws that gets caught and pressed charges. That should not be a reflection of cincinnati. I hope losers like that just stay home, no place anywhere anytime to act like an animal.
Reply/Quote
Being a Bengals fan sucks. The company we keep is trash.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Being a Bengals fan sucks. The company we keep is trash.

Which we then throw at players or on their lawn. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reality struck the Jungle and it wasn't pretty. Obviously the one constant is Marvin (and MB). We are two years late on the needed real reboot, and may have wasted another "talented" roster in it's prime in the process.

Two years ago a new HC could have given the jolt to get this team over the hump. Now the future is a lot more uncertain.

Fans largely justified losing in the 1st Round of the playoffs 5 years in a row with the rationalization that we were building something that would be a perpetual contender. Reality is hitting them that it isn't reality anymore.

We've backslid to the middle of the pack.
Reply/Quote