Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton playing better than last year.
No Eifert this year.

Sacked twice as many times as last year.

Still putting up numbers as good as last year.

I am just as impressed with him this season as I was last year when people were calling him one of the best one the league. Only difference is that we started last year 8-0.
Reply/Quote
Let's not forget the fact that he is simply not turning the ball over. Given the pressure he's been under he certainly has a legitimate excuse if it were to happen, but he is taking care of the ball very well. This team has a lot of deficiencies, but Dalton is not one of them.
Reply/Quote
No doubt he and AJ are carrying the team but you can see others starting to get their feet under them, like Lafelle. Once Eifert gets into the mix I think they are going to be very explosive, assuming the OL can figure out how to keep people out of the backfield.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy has been a bad ass this year.. That is one spot I'm not worried about that and 1st string WR
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 09:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No Eifert this year.

Sacked twice as many times as last year.

Still putting up numbers as good as last year.

I am just as impressed with him this season as I was last year when people were calling him one of the best one the league.  Only difference is that we started last year 8-0.
Statistically speaking? Maybe. But from an observation point of view? Hell no!
True MVP QBs have done much more with a lot less to work with it. 
Reply/Quote
We have one of the best in the league. Anyone that doesn't see that is blind.seriously, how many QB's in the league right now would you take over him without a second thought. The list keeps getting smaller.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 09:55 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: Statistically speaking? Maybe. But from an observation point of view? Hell no!

It's not Andy's fault the OL can't block and the defense can't tackle.
Reply/Quote
Totally agree, but surely we can get a 'few' haters who can blame for 'SOMETHING'?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 09:56 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: We have one of the best in the league. Anyone that doesn't see that is blind.seriously, how many QB's in the league right now would you take over him without a second thought. The list keeps getting smaller.

Honestly...

I rather have no other QB for the future of the team..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 09:55 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: Statistically speaking? Maybe. But from an observation point of view? Hell no!
Reality speak is not taken kindly here sir!
Reply/Quote

Everyone gives Andrew Luck a pass because of a bad O line. I personally think Luck is the most over rated QB in the NFL, but if we are talking about the general public and what "true MVPs" then why does Luck get a pass?
Reply/Quote
He definitely took the next step last season. He's proving it wasn't just an anomaly with his play so far this year. His stock is only going to keep rising once some of the old guard retires (Brady, Brees, Ben, etc). I truly think we could be talking about him being a top 5 QB in the near future (he's already top 10 imo). My only minor complaint with him lately is he takes a sack here and there when he should have just thrown the ball away.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He definitely took the next step last season. He's proving it wasn't just an anomaly with his play so far this year. His stock is only going to keep rising once some of the old guard retires  (Brady, Brees, Ben, etc). I truly think we could be talking about him being a top 5 QB in the near future  (he's already top 10 imo). My only minor complaint with him lately is he takes a sack here and there when he should have just thrown the ball away.

It's a fine line of "taking a sack when you should have thrown it away" and "Giving up on a play too early". I'd rather him take some sacks knowing how bad our line is so he has the opportunity to take some shots when plays break down (since it happens so often).
Reply/Quote

What are you talking about?  Andy has been sacked 2nd most this year.  He has lost more yards to drops than any other qb this year.   He has a short memory, is holding onto the ball.

He has taken control of this offense and is doing this with a #2 who has a torn ligament and no preseason, rookie #3, our #3 tight end, a turnstile right tackle, and up to last week piss poor running game. What more do you want?  Really?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's a fine line of "taking a sack when you should have thrown it away" and "Giving up on a play too early". I'd rather him take some sacks knowing how bad our line is so he has the opportunity to take some shots when plays break down (since it happens so often).

Depends on the situation. For example, taking a safety (Pats game) is never acceptable. The one against the Browns was on him too. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Depends on the situation. For example, taking a safety (Pats game) is never acceptable. The one against the Browns was on him too. 

He never saw that one coming.....it was either a sack, or intentional grounding, or worse yet, a fumble for a TD in the endzone.  Intentional grounding in the endzone results in a safety as well.  No one picked up the blitzer on that particular play.

The sack against the Browns was totally on him though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 11:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: He never saw that one coming.....it was either a sack, or intentional grounding, or worse yet, a fumble for a TD in the endzone.  Intentional grounding in the endzone results in a safety as well.  No one picked up the blitzer on that particular play.

The sack against the Browns was totally on him though.

Yeah,  fair enough. Like I said, minor complaint. He's playing great. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Depends on the situation. For example, taking a safety (Pats game) is never acceptable. The one against the Browns was on him too. 

Yea, going to disagree. The patriots safety was 2 seconds from snap to safety (just re watched it), that is not him holding the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 11:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, going to disagree. The patriots safety was 2 seconds from snap to safety (just re watched it), that is not him holding the ball.

I'll take yours (and Wyche's) word for it. I haven't rewatched it since the game. Do you blame me?  Tongue

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 11:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah,  fair enough. Like I said, minor complaint. He's playing great. 

For sure....and I think there have been a couple more as well.  That said, the Browns one was a real head scratcher....it's like he was shocked he had that long in the pocket. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote