Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton playing better than last year.
(10-26-2016, 09:43 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wish we had Pittsburgh's o-line, or even their o-line coach.  The pocket they create is just sickening.  If Landry Jones was anything they would've beaten the Pats.  And btw that's why Pig Pen always gets hurt, their line gives him so much time he sits back there moving around so long bad things happen. 

Steelers OL is only any good because the Refs let them blatantly hold on every single play. If they played for the Bengals, they would constantly draw penalties, and suck. Same for their OL coach. If he couldn't teach them to just hold, then he couldn't teach them much of anything.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 04:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: He ain't new.....his panties are still in a bunch over the extension...and not taking Derek Carr instead.

Really? I have never understood Fresno B, i guess this is a big reason why.

(10-26-2016, 04:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO ......2014....new OC...missing weapons....shaky o line play....."stats are bad.....see....he can't carry a team....Dalton sucks....I told you !"

2015......crickets.

2016....new OC....missing/rookie weapons....horrible o line play.....shitty defense.....but putting up good numbers and keeping us in games...."stats aren't relevant !"

You can't make this shit up. LMAO  .....keep movin those goalposts boys....it sure is fun to watch.

I don't think there's more than possibly one person on here that cares more about the success of ANY player versus the team.  However....it sure appears there are still a few that wishes the QB would fail regardless of how it effects the team.

Sure seems like there is a bias against Dalton from certain posters for sure.

(10-26-2016, 08:38 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: The reason there are so many threads about how well Dalton is playing is because he can't get a fair shake from fans of his own team. No matter how well he performs, he doesn't get the credit he deserves. I browse message boards of other teams and I don't see every pass scrutinized like fans do with Dalton. Even the almighty Andrew Luck underthrows passes and misses receivers. I guess people don't watch other games because EVERY QB misses throws or doesn't see open receivers sometimes. For some reason, Dalton deserves hate and criticism for it, but every other QB gets a pass.

Dalton is held to some kind of unattainable standard by some Bengals fans. No matter what he does, it's not good enough and it never will be. He's a very good QB who continues to improve. I honestly have no idea what's not to like. He makes the team better. The only player I would say helps make Dalton better is Green. That's it. I've said for years that Dalton makes the OLine look better than they are with his quick release. The guy can do it all. He has given Bengals fans every reason to love him and be a fan, but some just simply refuse.

Don't understand it. Dalton is one of the top 10 (atleast) QB's in the NFL and could be top 5 with a decent OL.

Great post Muskie.
(10-26-2016, 09:43 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wish we had Pittsburgh's o-line, or even their o-line coach.  The pocket they create is just sickening.  If Landry Jones was anything they would've beaten the Pats.  And btw that's why Pig Pen always gets hurt, their line gives him so much time he sits back there moving around so long bad things happen. 

Yeah, Pitt's O-line looks good, especially the inside. But they do hold a lot, doubt the OL would get away with that here...

(10-26-2016, 11:03 AM)GodFather Wrote: Ive been hard on Dalton at the beginning of his career, but this guy has heart and turned into something special. He has done everything you would ask for in a QB these past two years. He has one of the quickest releases in the NFL and STILL is getting sacked because of the lack of time he has with this mess of an offensive line.

There are plenty of issues this team currently has...the QB position isn't one of them.

Here is a good post from an unbiased Bengal fan about Dalton.

I have had my questions about Dalton too, but he has silenced me cause he can play well like he has this year with an even worse OL than in 2014. He didn't have many weapons in 2014 but i thought that he needed them in order to succeed, this year he shown he can play great with a new Wideout in Lafell, a rookie in Boyd and a turnstyle for an O-line. Don't know of another QB that could do this right now.

Maybe Brees who i compared Dalton to coming out of college.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 12:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really? I have never understood Fresno B, i guess this is a big reason why.

Sure seems like there is a bias against Dalton from certain posters for sure.

Don't understand it. Dalton is one of the top 10 (atleast) QB's in the NFL and could be top 5 with a decent OL.

Great post Muskie.

Yeah, Pitt's O-line looks good, especially the inside. But they do hold a lot, doubt the OL would get away with that here...

Here is a good post from an unbiased Bengal fan about Dalton.

I have had my questions about Dalton too, but he has silenced me cause he can play well like he has this year with an even worse OL than in 2014. He didn't have many weapons in 2014 but i thought that he needed them in order to succeed, this year he shown he can play great with a new Wideout in Lafell, a rookie in Boyd and a turnstyle for an O-line. Don't know of another QB that could do this right now.

Maybe Brees who i compared Dalton to coming out of college.

Some people were willing to be patient and see what he developed into, because his intangibles were very good coming in (smarts, ability to forget, and heart for starters).  Some weren't, and in the era of instant gratification, that was certainly understandable.  I don't think the man will ever make the next Brady, or anything like that, but he has wound up being a pretty damn good player.  I don't understand how folks can't see that now.  Coaching is what is holding this team back, and always has been.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy is playing great again this year. Not exactly sure how anybody could argue against that. If he had a better o-line this team would have a much better record.
Reply/Quote
We'll know for sure if he gets a win in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:06 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Andy is playing great again this year. Not exactly sure how anybody could argue against that. If he had a better o-line this team would have a much better record.

I don't think anyone is saying he isn't playing good. Its just that we hear this every year and we just haven't seen it pan out yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:35 AM)Fresno B Wrote: It doesn't bother me a bit. Keep trollin.

If it did not bother you, you wouldn't continuously complain about people talking about it. Unless you just complain to complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Some people were willing to be patient and see what he developed into, because his intangibles were very good coming in (smarts, ability to forget, and heart for starters).  Some weren't, and in the era of instant gratification, that was certainly understandable.  I don't think the man will ever make the next Brady, or anything like that, but he has wound up being a pretty damn good player.  I don't understand how folks can't see that now.  Coaching is what is holding this team back, and always has been.

Dalton played great for a rookie. Maybe that made some disappointed when he started to throw some interceptions.

Did me, but since last year all Dalton has shown me is he is elite.

You are right about the coaching and Marv, PA and Zamp are all still here. Lazor might of been a good hire though from what we have seen this year from Dalton. Bottomline to me is Dalton is one of if not the main guy carrying this team right now. Lets focus on the problems.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:07 PM)Fresno B Wrote: We'll know for sure if he gets a win in the playoffs.

Not really. The entire team minus last years debacle (the D showed up for once) has rolled over in the PO's and PT. That is a coaching problem. 

Reply/Quote
Fun fact: Dalton has not thrown an interception in his last 4 games, it's the longest streak of his career.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:44 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Fun fact: Dalton has not thrown an interception in his last 4 games, it's the longest streak of his career.

Nice. Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:09 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I don't think anyone is saying he isn't playing good. Its just that we hear this every year and we just haven't seen it pan out yet.

Again, coaching problem. Do you even know football man? It takes a entire team to win PO games and none of Marvin's teams  (yes "teams" meaning plural) have shown up. 

Tom Brady gets smashed on Marvin's team. Andy Dalton wins on Belichick's team. 

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Some people were willing to be patient and see what he developed into, because his intangibles were very good coming in (smarts, ability to forget, and heart for starters).  Some weren't, and in the era of instant gratification, that was certainly understandable.  I don't think the man will ever make the next Brady, or anything like that, but he has wound up being a pretty damn good player.  I don't understand how folks can't see that now.  Coaching is what is holding this team back, and always has been.

Your right, he's not in the Bill B. system. I truly don't think Brady would've ended up Brady without the system Belichick put in place. Brady still would've been great, Im not disputing that but with a head coach like Marvin Lewis and a front office like the Bengals have, nobody would talk much about Brady if he were here from day one.

I think if Dalton was in Belichick's system he would be described as something else than he currently is.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your right, he's not in the Bill B. system. I truly don't think Brady would've ended up Brady without the system Belichick put in place. Brady still would've been great, Im not disputing that but with a head coach like Marvin Lewis and a front office like the Bengals have, nobody would talk much about Brady if he were here from day one.

I think if Dalton was in Belichick's system he would be described as something else than he currently is.

Yeah, i mean it's already been established the Pats do quite well without Brady. Like you, not saying he isn't great but still facts are facts. Something like 14-6 if i'm not mistaken. Bill is a football God.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:49 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Again, coaching problem. Do you even know football man? It takes a entire team to win PO games and none of Marvin's teams  (yes "teams" meaning plural) have shown up. 

Tom Brady gets smashed on Marvin's team. Andy Dalton wins on Belichick's team. 

So it takes an entire team to win? I swear I just read that Dalton is carrying this team. That seems to be what this thread is about. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:22 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If it did not bother you, you wouldn't continuously complain about people talking about it. Unless you just complain to complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't neg rep so you just going to troll? The topic is about Dalton. Stay on topic.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:06 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Andy is playing great again this year. Not exactly sure how anybody could argue against that. If he had a better o-line this team would have a much better record.

The defense is struggling too....

(10-26-2016, 01:07 PM)Fresno B Wrote: We'll know for sure if he gets a win in the playoffs.

I'm not sure this team makes it to the playoffs this year.  I'm also not sold that a Marvin Lewis team EVER wins a playoff game.

(10-26-2016, 01:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dalton played great for a rookie. Maybe that made some disappointed when he started to throw some interceptions.

Did me, but since last year all Dalton has shown me is he is elite.

You are right about the coaching and Marv, PA and Zamp are all still here. Lazor might of been a good hire though from what we have seen this year from Dalton. Bottomline to me is Dalton is one of if not the main guy carrying this team right now. Lets focus on the problems.

I think Andy was told to play it really safe his rookie season.  They turned him loose, and we saw growing pains.  He worked his tail off to get better, and it has shown.  I wouldn't say he is elite, but he is sure working on it.

Yes, I agree, he and AJ are straight balling right now.  LaFell is getting his too.

(10-26-2016, 01:38 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Not really. The entire team minus last years debacle (the D showed up for once) has rolled over in the PO's and PT. That is a coaching problem. 

Yep, they always look like a deer in the headlights the minute one little thing goes UN-according to plan.  Adjustments are non existent....the hallmark of bad coaching.  Also, even last year, the defense wasn't that great until after the no call on Bernard.  It took that to get their asses fired up, IMO.....which is a shame.

(10-26-2016, 01:44 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Fun fact: Dalton has not thrown an interception in his last 4 games, it's the longest streak of his career.

Jeez man! Thanks for the jynx! Facepalm LMAO

(10-26-2016, 01:51 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your right, he's not in the Bill B. system. I truly don't think Brady would've ended up Brady without the system Belichick put in place. Brady still would've been great, Im not disputing that but with a head coach like Marvin Lewis and a front office like the Bengals have, nobody would talk much about Brady if he were here from day one.

I've been flamed several times for having the exact same opinion on Brady.  That said, dude does seem to have ice in his veins.  Maybe I should've said he'll never be an Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:12 PM)Fresno B Wrote: So it takes an entire team to win? I swear I just read that Dalton is carrying this team. That seems to be what this thread is about. 

Yeah he and AJ pretty much have the team @ 3-4. If the defense would play better and if the OL would play better we would most likely be at least 5-2 IMO with losses to Dallas and NE. The Stoolers game was pretty much another debacle (see vine "holding" thread and boyd "fumble"), and we should have beaten Denver at home.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've been flamed several times for having the exact same opinion on Brady.  That said, dude does seem to have ice in his veins.  Maybe I should've said he'll never be an Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning. ThumbsUp

Brady and Belichick are an amazing partnership.  Not just ice in his veins, he does not seem to age.  I think his secret is being with the hot Brasilian woman.  At least this is what I am hoping because then my hot Brasilian will keep me young! lol
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:23 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah he and AJ pretty much have the team @ 3-4. If the defense would play better and if the OL would play better we would most likely be at least 5-2 IMO with losses to Dallas and NE. The Stoolers game was pretty much another debacle (see vine "holding" thread and boyd "fumble"), and we should have beaten Denver at home.

Make up your mind. Is it Andy and AJ thats responsible for the wins or is it the team? You can't have it both ways. If their responsible for wins they have to be for loses too?
Reply/Quote