Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton playing better than last year.
I hope this post gets to the 2 posters it is intended for.^

THE MEDIA DOES NOT LIKE THE CINCINNATI BENGALS. IT IS CALLED "MEDIA BIAS", AND IT IS A REAL THING.  THE STATS POSTED ABOVE SHOW THAT DALTON IS PLAYING EVERY BIT AS WELL AS THE ELITE "MEDIA FAVORITE" QB'S. THE ONLY THING LACKING ON THE STAT SHEET IS ABOUT 4 MORE PASS TD'S. AJ McCARRON WILL NEVER PLAY QB FOR THE CINCINNATI BENGALS UNLESS DALTON GETS HURT.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 07:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I hope this post gets to the 2 posters it is intended for.^

THE MEDIA DOES NOT LIKE THE CINCINNATI BENGALS. IT IS CALLED "MEDIA BIAS", AND IT IS A REAL THING.  THE STATS POSTED ABOVE SHOW THAT DALTON IS PLAYING EVERY BIT AS WELL AS THE ELITE "MEDIA FAVORITE" QB'S. THE ONLY THING LACKING ON THE STAT SHEET IS ABOUT 4 MORE PASS TD'S. AJ McCARRON WILL NEVER PLAY QB FOR THE CINCINNATI BENGALS UNLESS DALTON GETS HURT.

Why every week do we have to have the same threads posted? Who are you guys trying to imprees? It baffles me because I browse multiple team threads and I have never seen it no where else. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:06 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Why every week do we have to have the same threads posted? Who are you guys trying to imprees? It baffles me because I browse multiple team threads and I have never seen it no where else. 

To make people like you show how much of a hater you are, and to p*ss you off. It's working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: Everyone gives Andrew Luck a pass because of a bad O line. I personally think Luck is the most over rated QB in the NFL, but if we are talking about the general public and what "true MVPs" then why does Luck get a pass?

I agree Luck is overrated, but he performed well enough at the start of his career to be mentioned as possible MVP. Because of that, I think reasonable fans take into consideration the state of his current OL and cut him some slack. But not for Andy.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:06 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Why every week do we have to have the same threads posted? Who are you guys trying to imprees? It baffles me because I browse multiple team threads and I have never seen it no where else. 

You are clearly new to being a Bengals fan..

If Dalton was on any other team he would be hailed as a top QB, especially for what he has done this year with a
turnstyle for an Offensive Line. If this was Brady, Ben or Luck there would be even higher praise. Thing is, they all
have better O-lines right now. Dalton is still playing better than Luck who holds onto the ball too long, similar to
AJM who holds onto the ball too long.

We are very blessed to have a QB as good as Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 09:58 AM)Earendil Wrote: It's not Andy's fault the OL can't block and the defense can't tackle.

I didn't blame Andy for anything. I think he's performing at his max potential. 
Look, we've all seen great performances, seemingly week in and week out from QBs who went on to win MVP. 
I'm sorry.....I don't SEE Andy as having those kind of games.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:46 AM)Bengalbug Wrote:
(10-25-2016, 10:46 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: What are you talking about?  Andy has been sacked 2nd most this year.  He has lost more yards to drops than any other qb this year.   He has a short memory, is holding onto the ball.

He has taken control of this offense and is doing this with a #2 who has a torn ligament and no preseason, rookie #3, our #3 tight end, a turnstile right tackle, and up to last week piss poor running game. What more do you want?  Really?

Andy is performing well statistically, but not well enough to win with the players around him. And the general idea around here seems to be this, "His stats are good so let's get him better players and better HC".  

QB stats don't lie, but some fans claiming to know the relevancy of stats do. 
I think a lot guys here just like Andy more than the team and more than winning. 

At the end of the day, we're still putting an offensive team on the field with better talent then most teams. That's what I'm talking about.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 09:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No Eifert this year.

Sacked twice as many times as last year.

Still putting up numbers as good as last year.

I am just as impressed with him this season as I was last year when people were calling him one of the best one the league.  Only difference is that we started last year 8-0.

I happen to think this has been Dalton's best year. The TDs are down, but his intangibles are what are high. He's kept his head in the game even when the OL stinks. It's such a vast improvement over 2014, which he began last year.

Wins and losses don't tell you what there is in a QB. People bring up wins and losses way too much. It takes a team to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:14 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: To make people like you show how much of a hater you are, and to p*ss you off. It's working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't bother me a bit. Keep trollin.
Reply/Quote
I think a large part of the national media's refusal to accept Dalton is how Marvin approaches football.

Dalton is never going to have 40+tds, because Marvin would never allow that. QBs get those big TD numbers by piling on poor opponents. Marvin is happy coasting with a 1 score lead and a prevent offense/defense.

Heck, just look at the Browns game. They were going to happily take 1:20 and 2 TO into half until the fans started booing the two straight runs.

Dalton had like 230 yards and 2 TD at halftime, and finished the game with 300 yards and 2 TD because the offense was shut down, only scoring a TD in the second half because of the 74 yard run. Marvin doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

That is why Dalton will never be accepted as great QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are clearly new to being a Bengals fan..

If Dalton was on any other team he would be hailed as a top QB, especially for what he has done this year with a
turnstyle for an Offensive Line. If this was Brady, Ben or Luck there would be even higher praise. Thing is, they all
have better O-lines right now. Dalton is still playing better than Luck who holds onto the ball too long, similar to

He ain't new.....his panties are still in a bunch over the extension...and not taking Derek Carr instead.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
LMAO ......2014....new OC...missing weapons....shaky o line play....."stats are bad.....see....he can't carry a team....Dalton sucks....I told you !"

2015......crickets.

2016....new OC....missing/rookie weapons....horrible o line play.....shitty defense.....but putting up good numbers and keeping us in games...."stats aren't relevant !"

You can't make this shit up. LMAO  .....keep movin those goalposts boys....it sure is fun to watch.

I don't think there's more than possibly one person on here that cares more about the success of ANY player versus the team.  However....it sure appears there are still a few that wishes the QB would fail regardless of how it effects the team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The reason there are so many threads about how well Dalton is playing is because he can't get a fair shake from fans of his own team. No matter how well he performs, he doesn't get the credit he deserves. I browse message boards of other teams and I don't see every pass scrutinized like fans do with Dalton. Even the almighty Andrew Luck underthrows passes and misses receivers. I guess people don't watch other games because EVERY QB misses throws or doesn't see open receivers sometimes. For some reason, Dalton deserves hate and criticism for it, but every other QB gets a pass.

Dalton is held to some kind of unattainable standard by some Bengals fans. No matter what he does, it's not good enough and it never will be. He's a very good QB who continues to improve. I honestly have no idea what's not to like. He makes the team better. The only player I would say helps make Dalton better is Green. That's it. I've said for years that Dalton makes the OLine look better than they are with his quick release. The guy can do it all. He has given Bengals fans every reason to love him and be a fan, but some just simply refuse.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 09:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No Eifert this year.

Sacked twice as many times as last year.

Still putting up numbers as good as last year.

I am just as impressed with him this season as I was last year when people were calling him one of the best one the league.  Only difference is that we started last year 8-0.

Yep, Mo had a segment about this yesterday.  I guess those that are saying that Andy was a product of great weapons around him look pretty silly right now. 

No running game to speak of (praying last week wasn't a fluke).

A porous offensive line.  He's taking a lot of hits and he doesn't have much time to throw.

His main weapon gets taken out of games by the better defenses (Denver, pitt, New England) and he is left with a journeyman WR (who I like), a rookie WR (Who I also like), a couple decent TEs, and his 2nd best option hasn't played but a few snaps all season.  

All this, but he has something like 5 of the 8 games with a QB rating over 100 and is on pace to break his own franchise records for yards by something like 400.  He is also currently at the highest completion % in his career.

Andy has done all this despite another change at OC, and a town that didn't support him.  

Good job, Andy.  Keep it up!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 09:55 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: Statistically speaking? Maybe. But from an observation point of view? Hell no!
True MVP QBs have done much more with a lot less to work with it. 

My early vote for BS Post of the Year
Reply/Quote
100% spot on, muskiesfan. Personally, I haven't made my sig or posted any stats to "convince" myself or anyone else. Rational people are already convinced. I post the stats to help show how utterly ridiculous it is that some people still refuse to believe that Dalton is a damn good QB. It's also entertaining to watch certain posters try to explain away his performance, or suggest stats don't matter after they've used stats-backed arguments for years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:09 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Reality speak is not taken kindly here sir!

Please, enlighten us of how this crap is reality speak?  Show me other QBs that have done more with less against the level of competition the Bengals have seen thus far this year.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are clearly new to being a Bengals fan..

I wish we had Pittsburgh's o-line, or even their o-line coach.  The pocket they create is just sickening.  If Landry Jones was anything they would've beaten the Pats.  And btw that's why Pig Pen always gets hurt, their line gives him so much time he sits back there moving around so long bad things happen. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 10:38 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: I didn't blame Andy for anything. I think he's performing at his max potential. 
Look, we've all seen great performances, seemingly week in and week out from QBs who went on to win MVP. 
I'm sorry.....I don't SEE Andy as having those kind of games.

Ive been hard on Dalton at the beginning of his career, but this guy has heart and turned into something special. He has done everything you would ask for in a QB these past two years. He has one of the quickest releases in the NFL and STILL is getting sacked because of the lack of time he has with this mess of an offensive line.

There are plenty of issues this team currently has...the QB position isn't one of them.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think a large part of the national media's refusal to accept Dalton is how Marvin approaches football.

Dalton is never going to have 40+tds, because Marvin would never allow that. QBs get those big TD numbers by piling on poor opponents. Marvin is happy coasting with a 1 score lead and a prevent offense/defense.

Heck, just look at the Browns game. They were going to happily take 1:20 and 2 TO into half until the fans started booing the two straight runs.

Dalton had like 230 yards and 2 TD at halftime, and finished the game with 300 yards and 2 TD because the offense was shut down, only scoring a TD in the second half because of the 74 yard run. Marvin doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

That is why Dalton will never be accepted as great QB.

I agree with this.  The Bengals go prevent really early, where other teams continue to run their offense.  It is one of a long list of things that annoy me about our current head coach.
Reply/Quote