Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton playing better than last year.
(10-26-2016, 07:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I forget who it was against, but Chad once had 260 yards on 9 catches. This is the first time since then (that I recall) that a WR topped that number. Chad was something else.

But yeah, AJ Green has taken his game to a new level this year. Amazing really.

SD. Followed it up with 190 against the Saints.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 07:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: SD. Followed it up with 190 against the Saints.

That's right. I think it was an NFL record for back to back games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
You win as a team and you lose as a team. That's how it is and how it should be. This season, Andy and AJ are doing the heavy lifting, but the team wins together and the team loses together.

The difference that seems to bother some people is that they cannot use the "in spite of" about Dalton. I've never felt that way about him, but he lays eggs from time to time (like everyone else). Last year and this year, "in spite of" could be used for Dalton which is where a lot of his detractors struggle. Again, it's a team game. However, Andy contributes a lot more to wins than damn near anyone else on the team.

We've been lucky to watch Dalton grow and mature with the Bengals. Despite the hate, he has embraced the community and been very active. He's taken his lumps and worked his ass off to improve. He's improved his mechanics, throws a better ball, makes all of the throws, cut down on his turnovers, improved his football IQ, and became a top QB in the league. I understand we're all starved for a playoff win. Believe me, I have no doubt Dalton is too. He's done everything in his power to become the best QB he can be, become THE leader, gives back to the city, and is just an overall great guy. Why people hate on him and want him replaced is beyond me.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 07:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Patriots fans were complaining about blatant holds as well. People around the league are starting to notice.

I think the point is that the QB shouldn't HAVE to carry the team. There's no doubt Dalton is right now. We're still in the playoff hunt thanks to his exceptional play, but you need good team play to win championships. No QB has ever won a title on his own. I feel extremely confident in saying that.

It was the same when Palmer was here.....he was expected to play perfect and bail the rest of the team out.  When your QB has an off day....the team should be able to carry him.  That isn't always the case here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 08:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's right. I think it was an NFL record for back to back games.

Yep.

" he had a breakout game in a losing effort against the San Diego Chargers. Johnson accumulated 260 receiving yards and scored two touchdowns, which broke the previous Bengals record for most receiving yards in a game.[13] He went on to amass 190 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns in a 31-16 win over the New Orleans Saints in the following week. This gave him an NFL record of 450 receiving yards in back-to-back games, breaking the previous record of 448 set by San Francisco 49ers receiver John Taylor in 1989. In the following week, he gained 123 yards receiving, breaking the three-game receiving record since the NFL–AFL merger in 1970 and coming within 40 yards of the all-time record."

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 05:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Julio (4) still has more 100+ yard games this season than AJ (3).

He's also averaging 5.3 more yards per catch, and has 1 more TD.

So I don't know if you can say AJ is having a better overall season at all. They both have some games where they vanished, Julio's was worse than AJ's, but AJ has more than Julio.

Weird that you want to penalize Julio for a 300 yard game, though.

Good stuff, sorry if it came off like penalizing Julio. Didn't mean to.

That is an amazing stat no matter the Secondary.

(10-26-2016, 07:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I forget who it was against, but Chad once had 260 yards on 9 catches. This is the first time since then (that I recall) that a WR topped that number. Chad was something else.

But yeah, AJ Green has taken his game to a new level this year. Amazing really.

Yeah Chad was. We have had some great receivers here gotta say.
Reply/Quote