Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton will beat Ravens as a receiver.
Bengals are 1-0 when Dalton catches a pass (33-7 over Titans in 2014)

Right now our WR corps is decimated with injuries.  It looks like Green, Ross, and Malone could all be out for our game against the Ravens.  At TE Eifert has been on IR for a while and Kroft is still out with injury.  Even our leading receiver at RB (Mixon) is on the injury report

So with the chips down I predict Dalton will step up as a receiver and lead the Bengals to victory.

FYI at Pitt Tyler Boyd completed 3 of 4 pass attempts for 96 yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals are 1-0 when Dalton catches a pass (33-7 over Titans in 2014)

Right now our WR corps is decimated with injuries.  It looks like Green, Ross, and Malone could all be out for our game against the Ravens.  At TE Eifert has been gone for a while, and our leading receiver at RB (Mixon) is on the injury report

So with the chips down I predict Dalton will step up as a receiver and lead the Bengals to victory.

FYI at Pitt Tyler Boyd completed 3 of 4 pass attempts for 96 yards.

This is ridiculous. Andy Dalton's strength is his pass rush, everyone knows that. He will fill the void left by Carl Lawson's injury and he will finish the game with 3 and a half sacks and a pick six for the winning score. 
Reply/Quote
I read on the team's site about some RPO with Driskel out there.....you may be more right on your prediction than you think.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 05:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: I read on the team's site about some RPO with Driskel out there.....you may be more right on your prediction than you think.

Sorry pet peeve of mine, most what people call RPO is actually just zone read. There is no real passing option built in at all. The Driskell run last week was a zone read not an RPO like someone here mentioned, reason being we don't want Jeff Driskell actually having the option to pull it down and throw it. 
Reply/Quote
The Ravens' secondary might be Dalton's best receivers.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 05:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sorry pet peeve of mine, most what people call RPO is actually just zone read. There is no real passing option built in at all. The Driskell run last week was a zone read not an RPO like someone here mentioned, reason being we don't want Jeff Driskell actually having the option to pull it down and throw it. 

Some might argue that the "zone read" terminology is simply a fancy way of saying run/pass option, which has been around for a very long time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
one play Driskell came in last week, Dalton actually lined up as WR. At least I think I heard that, but I was drinking so, maybe it didnt happen but Dalton was back at QB the next play.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, but he caught that pass from the greatest quarterback of all time - Mohamed Sanu.
Reply/Quote
At least with Driskel subbing in at QB we won't have to see it thrown like a limp noodle and Dalton will hold onto the pass unlike butterfingers AJ Green.

Ninja
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This thread makes me really wish for a Tim Tebow signing.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 07:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some might argue that the "zone read" terminology is simply a fancy way of saying run/pass option, which has been around for a very long time.

They would be wrong. A zone read is simply reading the backside unblocked man to determine to hand off to HB or QB keep. RPO takes it one step further looking to throw a quick route behind the linebackers playing the run (usually a single slant route being ran) There isn’t a pass built into a zone read. You can often tell the play was an RPO vs a read option because , Philly for instance zone blocks the front and cuts the backside. This is all different from a playaction pass, which you can tell the difference often by the blocking and multiple route combinations down field. Zone read predates RPO.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 05:08 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: This is ridiculous. Andy Dalton's strength is his pass rush, everyone knows that. He will fill the void left by Carl Lawson's injury and he will finish the game with 3 and a half sacks and a pick six for the winning score. 

Horse hockey.  Truth is, Dalton and Bullock are one in the same person.  True story,  Andy has a modified novelty sumo outfit that he squeezes into after TDs and hustles out onto the field.  

Andy is Randy.  Now ignore us NFL media.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 09:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: They would be wrong. A zone read is simply reading the backside unblocked man to determine to hand off to HB or QB keep. RPO takes it one step further looking to throw a quick route behind the linebackers playing the run (usually a single slant route being ran) There isn’t a pass built into a zone read. You can often tell the play was an RPO vs a read option because , Philly for instance zone blocks the front and cuts the backside. This is all different from a playaction pass, which you can tell the difference often by the blocking and multiple route combinations down field. Zone read predates RPO.

Whatever you say, it's all just variations of the old Triple option, ran by HSs and Colleges to this day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals are 1-0 when Dalton catches a pass (33-7 over Titans in 2014)

I predict that the Bengals will be down by 4 with 30 seconds left in the game and Dalton will throw a Hail Mary to himself and catch it in the end zone as time runs out leading the Bengals to a victory and a parade in Cincinnati to follow. It will be a festive Thanksgiving.
Reply/Quote
Come on, Marvin is a much better coach than Harbaugh.... Harbaugh is using the don't know which QB will play, you know they know. Marvin will use both Driskell and Andy through out the game to confuse the Ravens... hell, he'll even put Boyd at QB.. since Boyd is a Raven killer no matter where he plays. ooooh yeah!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 08:29 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This thread makes me really wish for a Tim Tebow signing.

Before the last game we should sign tebow. We might have to play pitt twice. Thatll be our secret weapon.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 08:29 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This thread makes me really wish for a Tim Tebow signing.

What? No Johnny Football? I am truly disappointed now  .. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Wait  I thought that we were gonna beat the Saints with Andy's legs last week!  I'm betting Andy will sub for Huber holding the last FG of the game, fake it and run for 99 yards and the winning TD..  Sure, they'd never fall for an attempted 99 yard FG at the gun.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 05:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sorry pet peeve of mine, most what people call RPO is actually just zone read. There is no real passing option built in at all. The Driskell run last week was a zone read not an RPO like someone here mentioned, reason being we don't want Jeff Driskell actually having the option to pull it down and throw it. 

You're right....I misquoted the article. Nonetheless, they are hinting at having some plays with both QBs on the field.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 08:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: one play Driskell came in last week, Dalton actually lined up as WR. At least I think I heard that, but I was drinking so, maybe it didnt happen but Dalton was back at QB the next play.

You're correct. He did line up once as a receiver.

Reply/Quote