Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Dalton would be lost without the strong supporting cast in Cincinnati"
So football is a team sport?
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 02:17 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Clearly a biased ******* that has no clue as to what the f*** he's talking about. Does this guy even watch football?

Because there is absolutely no way folks around here could be biased.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 04:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton has already proven himself without weapons (or blocking for that matter) in years like 2012 and 2016.

It's just a lazy narrative from lazy writers. It's a shame people parrot this garbage.

Don't forget without proper play calling/coaching.
Reply/Quote
The question you must ask is if Andy Dalton was the starting QB for New England with Bill B. as head coach, would he be ranked where he is now?

Now, I'm not saying Dalton would be Tom Brady but he would be ranked much higher than what this article has him.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 06:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The question you must ask is if Andy Dalton was the starting QB for New England with Bill B. as head coach, would he be ranked where he is now?

Now, I'm not saying Dalton would be Tom Brady but he would be ranked much higher than what this article has him.

I very much think the reverse is also true and I've argued it before. 

If Brady had gotten stuck as a Bengal with Mike and Marvin would he be the Tom Brady we know today ?

NO
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Smith has a career passer rating in the playoffs of 94.8. Averaging about 250 yards an 2 TDs per game. He has also only thrown 2 INTs.

IMO if Alex Smith had been our starting QB between 2011-2016 we would not be still talking about a playoff victory draught.

Now there are those on the list I'd put Andy above: Bradford, Palmer, Taylor, but no way I put him above Alex Smith. if anything I think Smith is getting slighted.

Would we have shitcanned Mediocre Marv, and brought in Andy Reid in your scenario?  If not, I'd have to disagree......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My list:

Tier 1 - Elite, seem to always be great without good supporting cast
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees

Tier 2 - Consistently great, occasionally elite, can still perform pretty well when losing some key playmakers
Cam Newton
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Andrew Luck
Matt Ryan
Philip Rivers

Tier 3 - Consistently good, occasionally great, need strong supporting cast
Matt Stafford
Andy Dalton
Derek Carr
Eli Manning
Jameis Winston
Alex Smith
Tyrod Taylor
Marcus Mariota
Kirk Cousins
Carson Palmer
Joe Flacco

Tier 4 - Just one season under belt or inconsistent with some bright spots
Dak Prescott
Sam Bradford
Carson Wentz
Ryan Tannehill
Blake Bortles

Tier 5 - Replaceable starter with low ceiling, or unproven rookie
Trevor Siemian
Brian Hoyer
Cody Kessler
Brock Osweiler
Josh McCown
DeShaun Watson
Jared Goff
Mike Glennon

Pretty fair list, although, I'd move Cam Newton down a peg, and you'll see why when his legs start to go.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 12:54 PM)Clep Wrote: Ranking the NFL's 32 starting QBs (via http://thesco.re/theScore_App )
https://www.thescore.com/news/1310931

Andy Dalton ranked 23rd, behind Ryan Tannehill.

Reaction?

Typical outside of Cincinnati fodder...has never seen a game, has never watched Dalton, and apparently didn't bother to look up last year where he had no offensive line, no AJ, no Eifert, no Gio, and first year OC Zampese and still threw for over 4,200 yards with just 7 INTs.

Dalton is right around #10 if you rank them based on where they are right now in their careers, not a lifetime achievement. 

Pandering to larger markets is simply bait to get more clicks, more money from ads, etc.  There is no real research or facts to articles like this one.  
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 09:19 AM)Wyche Wrote:  Pretty fair list, although, I'd move Cam Newton down a peg, and you'll see why when his legs start to go.

You're putting the cart before the horse.
This isn't about projecting what their careers will end up being like, it's about where they are right now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 09:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You're putting the cart before the horse.
This isn't about projecting what their careers will end up being like, it's about where they are right now.

Kinda.....I just don't think he's all that right now....I think he's currently in Dalton's tier, and drop from there.

Reply/Quote
And... it's PFF to the rescue, courtesy of CJ.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/6/8/15759288/andy-dalton-receives-praise-best-post-route-passer-nfl

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 06:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The question you must ask is if Andy Dalton was the starting QB for New England with Bill B. as head coach, would he be ranked where he is now?

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 11:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And... it's PFF to the rescue, courtesy of CJ.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/6/8/15759288/andy-dalton-receives-praise-best-post-route-passer-nfl

I sure hope Zampese is paying attention to this.....

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because there is absolutely no way folks around here could be biased.

... I never said there wasn't.

But nobody here has their opinions published. This writer made no attempt whatsoever to be objective. That writer is either clueless or has a personal issue with the Bengals and Dalton. And for the record I'm not the biggest Dalton fan either, but 23rd in the league? Please. The man has guided this team to 5 straight playoff appearances in 6 years with Marvin Lewis as his head coach. That alone should warrant an outstanding amount of praise.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 11:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: I sure hope Zampese is paying attention to this.....

Kind of shoots a big hole into the entire "Dalton has a weak arm" argument..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 11:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Kind of shoots a big hole into the entire "Dalton has a weak arm" argument..

And the argument he isn't accurate. That last clip of the post to LaFell is truly a thing of beauty!!!
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 11:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And... it's PFF to the rescue, courtesy of CJ.

Amazing. Dalton had a perfect rating on the post route, and Ross also had a perfect rating on that route.

I can't imagine we'll be seeing more of those this year.  Smirk
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 11:39 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: ... I never said there wasn't.

But nobody here has their opinions published. This writer made no attempt whatsoever to be objective. That writer is either clueless or has a personal issue with the Bengals and Dalton. And for the record I'm not the biggest Dalton fan either, but 23rd in the league? Please. The man has guided this team to 5 straight playoff appearances in 6 years with Marvin Lewis as his head coach. That alone should warrant an outstanding amount of praise.

No doubt !!!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 02:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fake News! Just an opinion. If you don't follow the Bengals it's easy say the common Dalton talking points copy and pasted from any google search. No qb outside of Brady would thrive without weapons.
This.  So much of Brady's success has to with the coaching, which has been proven by other QB's stepping in and winning there too.

Don't know why people are still wanting to take shots at AD.  He's a great and very giving citizen.  He's improved every year.  He is a very good QB.  Yet they still want to give him the business.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 04:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Even brady has to have his WRs catch the ball

Yeah that's a pet peeve of mine for this type of analysis. If you put Brady on the Browns for instance...no way is he as good as he is now. In a team sport...the other 10 guys on the field matter.

That said...some QB's have offense that have dominant running games. Dalton hasn't had the benefit of that.

I'd rank him somewhere 14-17 probably. We could definitely do worse. It would be hard to do better as the top guys don't move around.
Reply/Quote