Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin cook
Looks pretty damn good tonight it was either him or mixon for us there at the time in the draft, we got an extra late round pick I believe but, Too early to tell but definitely a better debut than mixon
Reply/Quote
I definitely liked Cook. They both have baggage and red flags.

Lets just hope Mixon was the right pick.

Don't forget we passed on Bell for Bernard.

And Steven Jackson for Chris Perry.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I definitely liked Cook. They both have baggage and red flags.

Lets just hope Mixon was the right pick.

Don't forget we passed on Bell for Bernard.

And Steven Jackson for Chris Perry.

And David Johnson for Margus Hunt
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:04 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And David Johnson for Margus Hunt

Who had a sack yesterday!
Reply/Quote
Dalvin Cook actually has gotten blocking - Mixon did not.
Reply/Quote
Minnesota actually has a decent offensive line. Last year they sucked, they got rid of everyone on the O-line, picked up solid free agents and draft pick to upgrade and now they looked pretty damn good. Hey Mike and Marvin....take notes you idiots. No O-line = No Success.
Reply/Quote
Yeh, the Vikings got the shiny new running back in Cook, but also replaced virtually their entire O-line with actual players.
Reply/Quote
If we are going to talk Vikings game, how bout this. The Vikings under Zimmer started 5 new offensive lineman tonight, with rookie from Ohio State at center who already is better than Bodine. And they played great tonight overall for Bradford, who had a great night himself. Bengals on the other hand, yeah.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
He looked good but look how the Vikes handled their Oline issue this offseason. Big difference.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:50 PM)Bengalindayton Wrote: Looks pretty damn good tonight it was either him or mixon for us there at the time in the draft, we got an extra late round pick I believe but, Too early to tell but definitely a better debut than mixon

He's the guy i wanted. I like Mixon though and it doesn't matter who the Bengals took. He was going to be languishing behind Hill because Marv is an absolute dumb ass. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lets just hope 

Rallying cry of Bengals fans since 1991. 

So so so so so so so so sooooooooo sick of seeing "let's hope". 

/rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Seems like when other organizations see a problem, they try and fix the problem ASAP! The Bengals see a problem and hope it goes away or fixes itself. It's so damn frustrating. Anyone who watched the Bengals last year new the O-line was going to be an issue this year ...except for the Bengals organization. How can every one of us on here identify what was going to be an issue, but Marvin, Paul Alexander, Tobin, Mike Brown, Katie CAN NOT! I'm guessing most of us here are not getting paid to be NFL coaches, but it seems we all know more than the damn organization does. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's the guy i wanted. I like Mixon though and it doesn't matter who the Bengals took. He was going to be languishing behind Hill because Marv is an absolute dumb ass. 

Mixon had more carries than Hill yesterday. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Man if we could just figure out a way to get those sexy picks in the first couple rounds and fix our line hmmm. Naaaa we don't need FA players, just a bunch of overpriced has beens, silly teams keep falling for that every year. We build threw the draft, that's the only way to build a team everybody knows this.

Is it just a coincidence we haven't won a playoff game since modern FA started 26 years ago? I'm sure that's just a crazy coincidence that has absolutely nothing to do with this franchises winning formula.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's the guy i wanted. I like Mixon though and it doesn't matter who the Bengals took. He was going to be languishing behind Hill because Marv is an absolute dumb ass. 

It's well documented on here Cook is who I wanted.....I said he was homerun hitter....and THREE DOWN BACK. Mixon split carries at OU.  Admittedly....I'm a FSU homer....but I felt DC was a top 5 pick of ANY player in last year's draft.  As others have noted....the Vikes actually addressed their oline as well. Oh....and Zimmer.

**** Mike Brown!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
in watching both of them, mixon seems to be Leveon bellish in that he kinda waits behind the line to make a cut, cook is just down a down hill hard runner with good vision and quick cuts. I'm not sure our o line is the right type of line for mixon to wait and set up blocks, time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:21 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Seems like when other organizations see a problem, they try and fix the problem ASAP! The Bengals see a problem and hope it goes away or fixes itself. It's so damn frustrating. Anyone who watched the Bengals last year new the O-line was going to be an issue this year ...except for the Bengals organization. How can every one of us on here identify what was going to be an issue, but Marvin, Paul Alexander, Tobin, Mike Brown, Katie CAN NOT! I'm guessing most of us here are not getting paid to be NFL coaches, but it seems we all know more than the damn organization does. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?!

This team knows, they are just too damn stubborn to do anything about it. There is always a reason why this team can't improve. Or this team is just flat out afraid of change. This owner just seems freakin scared to make any changes weather it's firing Marvin or taking a gamble on a top FA or two. Wouldn't want to change too much, might end up back to the 90's. Damnit where's the Tylenol! I'm done before I get banned AGAIN.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:28 PM)Bengalindayton Wrote: in watching both of them, mixon seems to be Leveon bellish in that he kinda waits behind the line to make a cut, cook is just down a down hill hard runner with good vision and quick cuts. I'm not sure our o line is the right type of line for mixon to wait and set up blocks, time will tell.

Cook played behind a suspect line at FSU....so I had him pegged as the better fit here.

Regardless...."Super Joe" had what....9 yds on 8 carries?  Cook just broke one of APs records. **** this team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mixon had more carries than Hill yesterday. 

Do me a favor. Check to see how many total carries Mixon had yesterday, then get back to me so i can ask my 2nd question, which is, exactly how long was it before Mixon got back in the game. That second one is kind of general because i can't (deleted the game from the DVR immediately when it was over) go back and check and i distinctly remember there being a very long interval from the time Mixon was in at some point, until he came back in the next time. 

Point, of course, being...the guy needs to be in the game, getting 15-20 carries.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Dalvin Cook actually has gotten blocking - Mixon did not.

Only Barry could run with this o-line.
Reply/Quote