Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Hoard has Lapham's pick at 9!
Dan Hoard posted on Twitter yesterday...
Quote:I know Dave Lapham's pick at #9! Just recorded the #Bengals Booth Podcast draft preview. Will tweet a link as soon as it's posted #WhoDey
https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status/856979437157580802

I will edit this post once the podcast is available so everyone can know Lapham's prediction. He's been pretty accurate the past few years at least, so I'm particularly interested to see who he thinks the pick will be.

UPDATE: Hoard's and Lapham's picks are in - Hoard went with Foster at 9, Lapham went with John Ross at 9.
But Lapham said his "dream" scenario is to trade back to the 15-18 range to pick up an extra Day 2 pick and take Derek Barnett, Charles Harris, or Takk McKinley in that 15-18 range.
http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/audio/Bengals-Booth-Podcast-Draft-Preview/776b037a-360c-404f-a976-63ce95254cf4
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Dan Hoard posted on Twitter yesterday...
https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status/856979437157580802

I will edit this post once the podcast is available so everyone can know Lapham's prediction. He's been pretty accurate the past few years at least, so I'm particularly interested to see who he thinks the pick will be.

Im gonna guess 2 names.... Howard and Charles Harris.
Reply/Quote
My guess will be OJ Howard, Jonathan Allen and Haason Reddick (in that order). I don't want Allen at all. I'd love love LOVE Reddick at #9. He'll be gone within the top 15 and has drawn comaprrisons to Von Miller. I'd rather have him over any of the DE's not named Myles Garrett.
Reply/Quote
My guess is that Lapham will guess John Ross.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:43 AM)lostpoet2 Wrote: My guess is that Lapham will guess John Ross.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000800919/article/john-ross-bonds-with-bengals-lewis-would-love-to-play-for-him

While he wouldn't necessarily be my pick at 9; articles like this lead me to believe that it's not out of consideration.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:29 AM)pulses Wrote: Im gonna guess 2 names.... Howard and Charles Harris.

My guess is that your guess about lapham's guess is correct. I think he will say Howard even though that is not my favorite option 
Reply/Quote
Three most likely names are probably going to be Howard, Barnett, and Ross that he mentions as options. I think they feel Thomas and Allen will go off the board but those are two more names I would add to the other three. I would love Reddick as an option but doubt that is the direction the Bengals plan on going. They won't take either of the Safeties and Garrett and Lattimore are likely off the board. That pretty much leaves options depending on what happens as Howard, Barnett, Ross, Allen, Thomas, and dark horse Reddick.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think Barnett is even in the equation TBH. I dont think they think he is worth a top 10 pick with it being a deep class for Edge guys.
Reply/Quote
Just finished listening. Lapham's guess is John Ross. Sounds like he'd go with Reuben Foster if he's there, but seems to think he'll be gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:39 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Just finished listening. Lapham's guess is John Ross. Sounds like he'd go with Reuben Foster if he's there, but seems to think he'll be gone.

Sweet, id be happy with either of those guys and there is a great chance both will be available. I've soured on Foster a bit with the drug test and his conduct at the combine but he is very underrated as a player by many fans here imo. I was always pushing Williams at WR but after watching more of Ross the last month I'd be ok with him at 9 if medicals check out. 
Reply/Quote
Mark it down....John Ross to the Bengals then...
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:18 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Three most likely names are probably going to be Howard, Barnett, and Ross that he mentions as options. I think they feel Thomas and Allen will go off the board but those are two more names I would add to the other three. I would love Reddick as an option but doubt that is the direction the Bengals plan on going. They won't take either of the Safeties and Garrett and Lattimore are likely off the board. That pretty much leaves options depending on what happens as Howard, Barnett, Ross, Allen, Thomas, and dark horse Reddick.

My exact sentiments.

But this is the guy we should be paying attention to, good ole Lap. Ignore the Hobspinner.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:46 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Mark it down....John Ross to the Bengals then...

Man, this guy would scare the shit out of the Steelers everytime we line him up opposite Green.

All for the pick. This guy can take the top off of Defenses better than AJ Green, imagine that.

This guy would completely open up the middle of the field.

We can then get our DE at 41. Barnett will not be a 3 down player right off the bat. This has to be taken into consideration.

Very deep class for TE's so i completely understand not taking Howard this early. WR really falls off after the first 5 or so guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, this guy would scare the shit out of the Steelers everytime we line him up opposite Green.

All for the pick. This guy can take the top off of Defenses better than AJ Green, imagine that.

We can then get our DE at 41. Barnett will not be a 3 down player right off the bat. This has to be taken into consideration.

Very deep class for TE's so i completely understand not taking Howard this early. WR really falls off after the first 5 or so guys.

Unless it's a stud de like watt, Harris or McKinley that drops I still want mixon at 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, this guy would scare the shit out of the Steelers everytime we line him up opposite Green.

The Steelers play a cover 2 zone defense. Because of this they were already leaving two safeties over top on most plays. It really isn't going to change the way they play us all that much.
Reply/Quote
More from the podcast:

Also, what he wants to happen is for the team to trade down to the mid teens and draft an edge guy and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. He listed Barnett, Charles Harris, and the UCLA guy in that order.

He also said if somehow Solomon Thomas dropped to them (unlikely), it's be multiple holiday gifts rolled into one.

Didn't seem high on Allen but likes his character.

Seemed higher on Humphrey than Lattimore at CB.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Steelers play a cover 2 zone defense. Because of this they were already leaving two safeties over top on most plays. It really isn't going to change the way they play us all that much.

You couldn't be any more wrong imo. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:58 PM)dr1441 Wrote: You couldn't be any more wrong imo. 

Please explain. I would love to talk defensive assignments based on receiver counts in various formations and how the Steelers cover 2 defense would play various situations. Defaulting to Ross will make them play us different and actually understanding the concepts that go into how defense works are very different things.
Reply/Quote
[Image: b264e38f43607f27b08d2cddc3cacc6b.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:56 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Unless it's a stud de like watt, Harris or McKinley that drops I still want mixon at 2

This is understandable on talent alone. Mixon has the best vision of any RB in this draft with great hands.

Of those 3 Ends i like Takk the most, would love to see that guy in stripes.

(04-26-2017, 12:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Steelers play a cover 2 zone defense. Because of this they were already leaving two safeties over top on most plays. It really isn't going to change the way they play us all that much.

Good point to a point. Having that speed opposite AJ Green will change things no matter the Defense.

One of our biggest problems on Offense last year besides Og and Bodine of course was the lack of a deep threat besides
AJ Green. Lafell and Boyd are not burners, when Core came in you could see this. Could just clamp down on our guys
before this, no Defense was scared of either of these guys beating them deep.

(04-26-2017, 12:56 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: More from the podcast:

Also, what he wants to happen is for the team to trade down to the mid teens and draft an edge guy and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. He listed Barnett, Charles Harris, and the UCLA guy in that order.

He also said if somehow Solomon Thomas dropped to them (unlikely), it's be multiple holiday gifts rolled into one.

Didn't seem high on Allen but likes his character.

Seemed higher on Humphrey than Lattimore at CB.

Lap i respect.
Reply/Quote