Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jerimiah Top 50
(03-05-2023, 07:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just bringing this back because i think there's a good chance now he won't be there at 28. Now i have to wonder, if the Bengals are interested in him, will they trade up or stay and take who's left?

Usually never like trading up in the 1st, but I like Darnell Wright enough to. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Wright reminds me of Josh Jones who hasnt been impressing too much lately.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 12:41 PM)Synric Wrote: There is no such thing as a perfect pick and there is a reason Wright is still considered a second round pick with a chance to sneak into the first even after a solid Senior Bowl week.

1. It looks like he showed up a little heavier than he played in 2022. That could be an issue especially knowing the biggest interviews of his life are right now.

2. Very Limitied as a Run blocker. He will not help the already limited range of the Bengals Offensive line. It's possible he could drop down to 327 to 325 and move alot better but you know 342.

3. Although experienced and technically sound he does some really stupid stuff. Like stepping out to meet wide rushes closing space before pass setting.

4. He has never been in a real NFL offense... in fact Tennessee's offense is strange even for college. There will be a huge learning curve for every Tennessee Offensive player.

I'm not opposed to Darnell Wright. Im all for any WV boy making good and even got to talk to his HS coach last week. Bengals need a tackle If they draft Wright I hope they try to find some range at Left Guard. 

Fair enough for the most part, but allow me to retort: 

1) You are never gonna find an OT at #28 without some questions. The ones without questions are long gone. 

2) Harrison at Oklahoma is almost all RPOs. People throw around the sacks given up stat, but they run almost no true passing sets. Who knows how he'd look then? 

Barring some unexpected drop from another blue chipper, Wright would be my guy at #28 if S (Bell), TE (Hurst), and LB (Pratt) are all back or we have replaced them in FA. We'd have a year to look at him, Carman, Jonah, and Collins. Hopefully at least one keeper. If he & Carman hit, we could release Jonah &/or Collins & save a ton of $$$. 

But if I am looking at Harrison, D. Jones, & Duncan, I go a different direction at #28. CB, TE, WR, DL. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 03:09 AM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: Wright reminds me of Josh Jones who hasnt been impressing too much lately.

I don't know, Wright has had some pretty good games to hang his hat on.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 06:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Fair enough for the most part, but allow me to retort: 

1) You are never gonna find an OT at #28 without some questions. The ones without questions are long gone. 

2) Harrison at Oklahoma is almost all RPOs. People throw around the sacks given up stat, but they run almost no true passing sets. Who knows how he'd look then? 

Barring some unexpected drop from another blue chipper, Wright would be my guy at #28 if S (Bell), TE (Hurst), and LB (Pratt) are all back or we have replaced them in FA. We'd have a year to look at him, Carman, Jonah, and Collins. Hopefully at least one keeper. If he & Carman hit, we could release Jonah &/or Collins & save a ton of $$$. 

But if I am looking at Harrison, D. Jones, & Duncan, I go a different direction at #28. CB, TE, WR, DL. 

But do those questions make the prospect drop on your board over guys who also have their own questions but their skill set fits better? I was big on Darnell Wright before the Senior Bowl one of the of the first people to bring him up here. At the Senior Bowl though it looked like he came in heavy and didn't move quite as well as he did on tape. Yesterday though he shed 10lbs moved alot more smooth. He did come in under the 34' arm threshold which because he isn't the most reactive athlete you would have liked to see him hit. I would be happy with Darnell Wright at #28 but I know there will be better overall prospects on the board. 

As for Harrison I mentioned this to someone on here in the mock draft section a few weeks ago but you can go back to 2021 and see some ok Harrison tape. He was a lot closer to Jaelyn Duncan but that is a whole year less worth of development. That's why Anton Harrison is such a big polarizing prospect. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 06:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Fair enough for the most part, but allow me to retort: 

Give me the freaks at 28. Either AA or Jones if Wright isn't there.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 03:09 AM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: Wright reminds me of Josh Jones who hasnt been impressing too much lately.

Why does he remind you of Jones?

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 12:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Jones has given up 13 hurries and 2 sacks the past two years in the same conference Wright gave up 18 hurries and 3 sacks in during the same span. (WRONG) .  And Jones played in the SEC title game and 2 rounds of the CFP this year.  Jones has a lot more upside than Wright and can play in any scheme.  

Wright had a great combine for a Day 3 guy........

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:04 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Wright had a great combine for a Day 3 guy........

Wright did have a great combine.  However, with the measurable he put up, it really calls into question his lack of range in the run game.  It seems to be more of a lack of effort than a lack of ability.  Combine that with his showing up overweight and not playing particularly well during the Senior Bowl, and he looks like a guy you'll have to stand on to hopefully reach his potential.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:04 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Wright had a great combine for a Day 3 guy........

Darnell Wright is listed as a late 1st or 2nd rounder on some draft sites.
Him falling to Day 3 is more likely a wish than a reality.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Darnell Wright is listed as a late 1st or 2nd rounder on some draft sites.
Him falling to Day 3 is more likely a wish than a reality.

You think?  I was mocking the expert player evaluator, Mr. Whatever, who stated that he wouldn't take Wright before Day 3.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 06:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You think?  I was mocking the expert player evaluator, Mr. Whatever, who stated that he wouldn't take Wright before Day 3.

He may not, but Wright being a Day 3 prospect doesn't seem to be a consensus thought across the drafting community.
Quite a many think he'll be a Late Day 1 or an Early Day 2 pick.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 06:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He may not, but Wright being a Day 3 prospect doesn't seem to be a consensus thought across the drafting community.
Quite a many think he'll be a Late Day 1 or an Early Day 2 pick.

Of course it isn't a consensus thought, only this guy (Whatever) would make such a comment, thus my mocking reply.  PFF post-Sr Bowl projected Wright to us at #28. 

It is interesting the things you say to some of us that you know have as much, if not more, knowledge than you.....

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 06:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Of course it isn't a consensus thought, only this guy (Whatever) would make such a comment, thus my mocking reply.  PFF post-Sr Bowl projected Wright to us at #28. 

It is interesting the things you say to some of us that you know have as much, if not more, knowledge than you.....

Not really sure why you're attacking me, but I thought you were being serious when you called him a Day 3 pick.
I didn't see Whatever's comment calling him a Day 3 pick and you mocking him.

I never claim to have more knowledge than most. I just say what I know (or think I know).
If that's wrong, I'm always happy for someone with more knowledge to correct me.
No need to get irritated by what I say dude.
If you took what I said in a negative tone that was talking down on you, that wasn't my intent.
Alternatively, if you don't like what I say, you can always block me.
Not looking to make any enemies, but I also have no problem not responding to certain people if they're going to get mad at me for no reason.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 12:07 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Not really sure why you're attacking me, but I thought you were being serious when you called him a Day 3 pick.
I didn't see Whatever's comment calling him a Day 3 pick and you mocking him.

I never claim to have more knowledge than most. I just say what I know (or think I know).
If that's wrong, I'm always happy for someone with more knowledge to correct me.
No need to get irritated by what I say dude.
If you took what I said in a negative tone that was talking down on you, that wasn't my intent.
Alternatively, if you don't like what I say, you can always block me.
Not looking to make any enemies, but I also have no problem not responding to certain people if they're going to get mad at me for no reason.

I'm not irritated, nor do I have any intentions of attacking you?    I just see the comments.

For example, look at the posters on this page alone.

Nate
Isaac Curtis
Hammer
Synric
WVUHomer
Whatever

I would never think that they would need to be informed that Carmen blocked better on the left side than the right, we all know that.  You felt the need to tell us this earlier today.

As much as I disagree with Whatever’s player evaluation, I have zero doubt that he is fully aware of the "consensus thought" regarding player projection in this draft…

We talk about our team in detail daily and have discussed the players in the draft quite thoroughly.  I'm not mad, like I said, it is simply interesting.  I like most of your posts and agree with almost all of them, you just make some "yeah we all know" comments, then follow them up with a remark stating that we never trade up, yet we did it twice in last year's draft.... lol.

Not this big of a deal to me either.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 12:58 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I'm not irritated, nor do I have any intentions of attacking you?    I just see the comments.

For example, look at the posters on this page alone.

Nate
Isaac Curtis
Hammer
Synric
WVUHomer
Whatever

I would never think that they would need to be informed that Carmen blocked better on the left side than the right, we all know that.  You felt the need to tell us this earlier today.

As much as I disagree with Whatever’s player evaluation, I have zero doubt that he is fully aware of the "consensus thought" regarding player projection in this draft…

We talk about our team in detail daily and have discussed the players in the draft quite thoroughly.  I'm not mad, like I said, it is simply interesting.  I like most of your posts and agree with almost all of them, you just make some "yeah we all know" comments, then follow them up with a remark stating that we never trade up, yet we did it twice in last year's draft.... lol.

Not this big of a deal to me either.

Wow, a lot to unpack here...

1) Sometimes I do say things that a good number of the posters know, but sometimes there are people that either don't know or don't remember
2) There are people that visit this forum that do not always post, and thus might help them
3) Yes, sometimes I post incorrect information because I don't know or don't remember as well as some others. The thing about trading up in Rd 2 last year for example. I didn't remember because it was only trading up from 63 to 60. God forbid I actually don't remember something.
4) I don't read every single thread and every single post in the thread. Is that going to be a requirement before someone posts something?
5) Sometimes people's posts indicate they don't know or remember. For example, when someone said Carman was a worse blocker than Jonah, I was simply bringing some data points to indicate he was much better on the left side vs RG. By providing those points, it might change someone's mind that Carman was really only worse when he was playing RG, not when playing LG/LT.
6) Some posters are more knowledgeable on some topics than others. There are certain things I am pretty knowledgeable with, and other things I am nowhere near as knowledgeable on as some.
7) Not everyone has the same access to some data points or knows where to go to see that information. Since you were focusing on the OL example, not everyone knows/can access pass block vs run block snaps, snaps at each OL spot, sacks/hits/pressures allowed. Sometimes those things are behind paid services.

I'm not posting this to change your mind about how you interpret my posts.
If you don't like (some of) them, that's on you.
I'm just providing context for why I post the way I do.

You can take it or leave it, but just know there was no intended disrespect or malintent with my posts.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 10:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You can take it or leave it, but just know there was no intended disrespect or malintent with my posts.

None intended by my comments either.

Reply/Quote