Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darnell wright mentally soft
So if y’all didn’t see, Darnell wright is soft mentally. Messaged a bunch of bengals personalities on twitter, telling them that to go eat a d, get a job, etc etc all because they said he’s an elite pure rt prospect but they don’t want him at LT…More fire to why I want jones. How are you that soft?
Reply/Quote
Just saw this, I’ve only seen the message to Lutz. But it’s definitely not a good look a couple of weeks out from the draft. It does bring up a potential immaturity red flag in my opinion. I think he’s a great prospect (#2/3 on my wish list) and in the end don’t think this really affects his stock but it’s definitely something to consider. Especially because I think Lutz is right in saying that Wright is a RT only prospect.

I also like Dawand Jones, I know some have cooled off on him here but I have him as my #2 RT and I think it’s closer between the two than many others seem to think.
Reply/Quote
As my ex would say, give me (just the) Tippman.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seems like it was cleared up with an apology, along with kindness and understanding. We could all learn a lesson here.

https://twitter.com/darnell_5232/status/1645510383476649993?t=p7f00T_gIe1e9OIbZQ1rgg&s=19
Reply/Quote
The only reasonable course of action is to draft him and move him to guard  Ninja 

Reply/Quote
Yeah, he can go elsewhere.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Fans: I love players who are passionate and talk smack.

Same fans: players should shut up and just play.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, he can go elsewhere.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots draft him lol
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 10:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Fans: I love players who are passionate and talk smack.  

Same fans: players should shut up and just play.

yea, no. 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 08:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: So if y’all didn’t see, Darnell wright is soft mentally. Messaged a bunch of bengals personalities on twitter, telling them that to go eat a d, get a job, etc etc all because they said he’s an elite pure rt prospect but they don’t want him at LT…More fire to why I want jones. How are you that soft?

Meh...didn't want Wright or Jones before this.  Both have work ethic/maturity concerns.  
Reply/Quote
With Jonah not traded we aren't taking a RT at 28 anyway. Good luck to him. Not a good look. Lutz isn't making any personnel decisions for any team so that was super sensitive.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This pretty much seals it for me for no OL in Rd 1.
I don't mind that he responded back (people get too bent out of shape over what people say), but you gotta be smart enough to not take the bait just a few weeks before draft time.

I was never really a Dawand Jones guy anyway. The sheer size made me nervous he could move well enough if/when asked to run some zone or stick with the speedier edge rushers who try to go around.
But when he chose not to perform agility drills at the Combine or Pro Day, it gave me belief he's afraid for people to confirm he's not agile.

Gimme CB or TE in Rd 1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 12:58 AM)Whatever Wrote: Meh...didn't want Wright or Jones before this.  Both have work ethic/maturity concerns.  

Yeah, I don't imagine the Bengals would go OL with the first round pick, unless someone major fell to the 28th spot. It's not 2020 anymore. The Bengals added 5 starting OL in the past two years, four as FAs (Karras, Cappa, La'el Collins, and Orlando Brown) and one via draft (Volson). I don't seem them prioritizing another OL over their other needs. It would have to be someone they consider a gift to fall to 28.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 10:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This pretty much seals it for me for no OL in Rd 1.
I don't mind that he responded back (people get too bent out of shape over what people say), but you gotta be smart enough to not take the bait just a few weeks before draft time.

I was never really a Dawand Jones guy anyway. The sheer size made me nervous he could move well enough if/when asked to run some zone or stick with the speedier edge rushers who try to go around.
But when he chose not to perform agility drills at the Combine or Pro Day, it gave me belief he's afraid for people to confirm he's not agile.

Gimme CB or TE in Rd 1.

Damn, that was dumb by Darnell Wright. Wanted this guy more than any pick before this...

Now I am with you Ocho. Wanting a Corner like Banks, or one of DW or Mayer or one of the NT's in Bresee or Mazi Smith now.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, that was dumb by Darnell Wright. Wanted this guy more than any pick before this...

Now I am with you Ocho. Wanting a Corner like Banks, or one of DW or Mayer or one of the NT's in Bresee or Mazi Smith now.

I'm pretty stubborn about not taking NT in Rd 1 if you're running a 4-3.
CB or TE all the way for me. I lean mostly toward CB depending on who might be selected prior.
This is not a draft I would care to trade up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
When he hired an agent the first thing he was probably told was "Do Not Read Twitter". Dumb mistake two weeks before a life changing opportunity... Although ****eater did make laugh lol.

Everything about Darnell Wright still fits so very well Bengals. Being able to lock up bookend tackles for the next 4 years and practically (depending on how they feel about Volson) the entire offensive line for at least 2 years would be huge in a super bowl window.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 03:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm pretty stubborn about not taking NT in Rd 1 if you're running a 4-3.
CB or TE all the way for me. I lean mostly toward CB depending on who might be selected prior.
This is not a draft I would care to trade up.

I get that, if Banks is there take him or one of the TE's or trade back in the 2nd.

We can draft Benton or Pickens in the 2nd or 3rd for NT.

(04-11-2023, 03:59 PM)Synric Wrote: When he hired an agent the first thing he was probably told was "Do Not Read Twitter". Dumb mistake two weeks before a life changing opportunity... Although ****eater did make laugh lol.

Everything about Darnell Wright still fits so very well Bengals. Being able to lock up bookend tackles for the next 4 years and practically (depending on how they feel about Volson) the entire offensive line for at least 2 years would be huge in a super bowl window.

True, he still fits what we need as a player more than anybody, but still, not smart by him. Dickeater lol
Reply/Quote
I would expect a glass eater to call someone a dick eater.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 04:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I would expect a glass eater to call someone a dick eater.

If a team asks Wright what all of that was about he can use the same excuse I do... I'm from WV I can say stuff like that.  
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 10:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This pretty much seals it for me for no OL in Rd 1.

Gimme CB or TE in Rd 1.
I think it'll be Banks or Forbes in round 1.
Reply/Quote