Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrin Simmons on short list of HC names?
(12-17-2017, 08:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, a lot of speculation going around. John Breech (CBS) had an article earlier where he listed Guenther, Simmons, Todd Haley, Josh McDaniels and Frank Reich as the most likely to replace Marvin, along with Hue and Jay if they're fired. 

Matt Patricia.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 02:07 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Josh McDaniels..

We need a Patriotsesk mold in here.
worked well in denver
Reply/Quote
Willie Anderson wants to be in consideration for a Coaching spot
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Willie Anderson wants to be in consideration for a Coaching spot

Yes please.  He did spend time as a Ratbird, so he does have first hand knowledge of what a real franchise looks like.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 02:37 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah. I have a hard time with a guy taking over at HC who is on the staff that has stood by and watched these clowns quit being promoted. Every last one of them need to go, and they can take half the players with them.

Yep.....or take all of the players as far as I'm concerned.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:09 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep.....or take all of the players as far as I'm concerned.

Clark Harris can stay.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: So far, based on ex-Patriot coaches becoming HC's, the Patriot Way has not traveled worth a damn.

I think Bill O'Brien has done quite well when you look at what he's had to work with at QB in Houston.  I don't think he or McDaniels would be able to overcome the Mike Brown way, though.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think Bill O'Brien has done quite well when you look at what he's had to work with at QB in Houston.  I don't think he or McDaniels would be able to overcome the Mike Brown way, though.

He has started more QB's than even the Browns.  And then he gets a star in the making and loses him too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:25 PM)McC Wrote: He has started more QB's than even the Browns.  And then he gets a star in the making and loses him too.

Right, that's why I can't believe they're going to move on from him now that they've finally found that one piece they needed.  Wacky.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, that's why I can't believe they're going to move on from him now that they've finally found that one piece they needed.  Wacky.

Is he gonna get fired?

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:17 PM)jason Wrote: Clark Harris can stay.

I'd keep this year's rookie class and some of last year's.  And Huber.

Actually, I would think Mike would love a total rebuild.

He's got a bunch of potentially high priced FA's to deal with in the near future.

All young guys on cheap rookie contracts.  Low payroll.  Check.  Low expectations.  Check. 

Half empty stadium doesn't really concern him anyway.  The money will still come in.  This would be Mike's dream world.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:39 PM)McC Wrote: I'd keep this year's rookie class and some of last year's.  And Huber.

Actually, I would think Mike would love a total rebuild.

He's got a bunch of potentially high priced FA's to deal with in the near future.

All young guys on cheap rookie contracts.  Low payroll.  Check.  Low expectations.  Check. 

Half empty stadium doesn't really concern him anyway.  The money will still come in.  This would be Mike's dream world.

Except you have to spend the Floor... so he have to pay someone
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 02:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Todd Haley's personality would NEVER work here. NEVER. The Bengals would NEVER consider hiring him.

As much as it sucks, I think you'll see someone with ties to here: Simmons, Haslett, Vance Johnson, Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson, or Guenther.

IF I had to handicap it, I'd say Jackson if he is fired by the Browns then Guenther.

I could see Matt Patricia maybe if the Bengals were to consider an outside hire. He's typically calm and quiet on the sidelines.

I agree Haley is probably too much of a fireball for Mike Brown's liking. However, that doesn't mean it would be bad from a success standpoint. This team could use someone with aggression guiding them.

I still like the idea of Matt LaFleur, the OC of the Rams. I know McVay has a lot of say in the offensive playcalling, but it's not like LaFleur has no influence.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: Is he gonna get fired?

People in these parts were speculating he could be one of the possible (yeah right) HC candidates here.  I guess I haven't looked into otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Except you have to spend the Floor... so he have to pay someone

Cleveland managed, right?

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....or take all of the players as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I want everyone gone on this staff. Then I want the offices cleaned out and sterilized with a high bleach concentrate. 

Jesus, when you get divorced you dont go dating again with members of your ex wife/husbands family!  You remember the good times and try to find someone that gives you a fresh start. 

This staff is as stale as that bread Mike Brown buys in Mariemont!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Except you have to spend the Floor... so he have to pay someone

The cap floor states that a team must spend at least 89% of the cap. The cap for 2017 is $167 mill, so 89% would be $148.63 mill.

Yet the Browns and 49ers get by with ~$60 mill in cap space remaining. They only have $78 mill on active payroll for this year.

Here's the loophole for why the Browns and 49ers are allowed to get away with not hitting the floor...The salary floor only has to be reached over the span of X number of years.
If that 89% is still not reached, the remaining money owed is given to the NFLPA.
Here's an article from Bucs Nation explaining for them - https://www.bucsnation.com/2013/2/14/3989726/nfl-salary-cap-floor-why-it-isnt-forcing-the-buccaneers-to-spend

So essentially, teams are permitted to have a very low payroll for at least a year or two as long as it averages out to 89% or higher over the course of X years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just super. Taking this with a grain of salt, as idle speculation, but still don't want to see this.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/12/18/16787420/would-your-rather-bengals-hire-an-internal-candidate-or-hue-jackson-as-next-head-coac.

If they bring in winless Hue, I will be really disappointed. I don't think the guy is HC material. Great coach, good coordinator, but not a HC.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The lazy list of names.

That's how you know it's likely true. Ken Zampese was their first and only choice heading into 2016. Need I say more?

(12-19-2017, 05:29 PM)Utts Wrote: Just super. Taking this with a grain of salt, as idle speculation, but still don't want to see this.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/12/18/16787420/would-your-rather-bengals-hire-an-internal-candidate-or-hue-jackson-as-next-head-coac.

If they bring in winless Hue, I will be really disappointed. I don't think the guy is HC material. Great coach, good coordinator, but not a HC.

He can join Dick LeBeau and Josh McDaniels as people who simply shouldn't be HC and topped out as Coordinators.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:29 PM)Utts Wrote: Just super. Taking this with a grain of salt, as idle speculation, but still don't want to see this.

I don't think Hue would be an awful hire, but I admit I'm keeping my expectations low....Cincinnati Bengals low.
Reply/Quote