Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Lapham
has Dave Lapham made his draft projection yet? guy is always dead on with his projection. I'm hoping to hear the names Mcglichey, Wynn or Vander Esch
Reply/Quote
Lap usually makes his pick within a couple of days of the draft. It just depends on when him and Hoard are allowed to see the board. I remember he didn’t mention Ced’s name until the hour before the draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 07:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Lap usually makes his pick within a couple of days of the draft. It just depends on when him and Hoard are allowed to see the board. I remember he didn’t mention Ced’s name until the hour before the draft.

Dave Lapham is going to be on the radio with Lance McAlister after 7:00 tonight.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 07:54 PM)bwh Wrote: Dave Lapham is going to be on the radio with Lance McAlister after 7:00 tonight.

Lapham know the Bengals, knows NFL. and Knows  O-line.       the Bengals got Glenn but obviously will draft a C and maybe another OT.   cinci has a lot of needs and a lot of picks. We need VALUE on EVERY choice.
Reply/Quote
I just saw YouTube video of Miller not impressed..looks kinda soft.
Reply/Quote
Lap says 2 OL, 2 S, 2 LB, 2 CB.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:00 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I just saw YouTube video of Miller not impressed..looks kinda soft.

If your talking about the OLmen I have to agree. Not sure what all the hype is about with him.
Reply/Quote
Yea miller is soft as a muffin....it would be just another Fisher.
Reply/Quote
Sounded to me tonight like he was projecting Billy Price
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sounded to me tonight like he was projecting Billy Price

I'd take Price any day of the week . especially over OT Miller. 
Reply/Quote
Kolton Miller in 1 would disappoint me. I've seen enough of the athletic tackles that can't hold a block. Would prefer Jamarco Jones in 1 or Geron Christian later. 

Price is my 3rd favorite center in this class, but I still wouldn't hate the pick if Tobin, Marv, and Pollack think that he's the guy. 
Reply/Quote
i'd like Hernandez in rd 1 & the best OC on the board at rd #2....
don't think McG will be on the board at 21....
Reply/Quote
Listening to the podcast ,he says if someone is on the board that they like drops they will run to the podium. I'm thinking they are talking about mcglinchey ,but I bet they would do the same with guys like vita vea or derwin James . He kind of talked about center next talking about price and James daniels. But that had me thinking can we really win with a 20 year old center,yeah he has upside but still. Then y'all won't like it but he mentioned koltin Miller being 6'8 ,compared him to mcglinchey saying they both play too upright at times and get bull rushed . Would NOT be surprised if they picked him because they think tackle is as premium position. Also says you can't have enough corner backs and that we will draft 2 ol 2 lb 2 safety too corners,says you can never have enough corners or lineman. He mentions that our real value in the draft will be between rounds 3-5. He wouldn't be surprised if we drafted no skill position at all. Then he says he will make his pick next week he still doesn't know yet. I took that as he don't have the info yet and they aren't decided. Lapham is a insider that's why he's always right on picks.
Reply/Quote
I forgot he also said he'd be very shocked if it was qb and he highly doubts they trade back.says tfhey have enough picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 10:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lap says 2 OL, 2 S, 2 LB, 2 CB.

One of those backers will be Lorenzo Carter I bet.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 09:12 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: One of those backers will be Lorenzo Carter I bet.  

I would be all for that but would absolutely hate the Kolton Miller pick. If any of the top 3 Centers slide to the 2nd round though then that will be great value and any of them will be the Day 1 starter for us. Really hoping McGlinchy slides somehow (don't see it) and we land him.

Mock based off his thoughts would be something like the following...

1st - Mike McGlinchey (Offensive Tackle)
2nd - Billy Price (Center)
3rd - Lorenzo Carter (Outside Linebacker)
3rd - Tim Settle (Defensive Tackle)
4th - DeShon Elliot (Safety)
5th - Tarvarus McFadden (Cornerback)
5th - Josey Jewell (Inside Linebacker)
5th - Mike White (Quarterback)
7th - Kevin Toliver (Cornerback)
7th - Daniel Carlson (Kicker)
7th - Damon Webb (Safety)
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 11:15 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I would be all for that but would absolutely hate the Kolton Miller pick. If any of the top 3 Centers slide to the 2nd round though then that will be great value and any of them will be the Day 1 starter for us. Really hoping McGlinchy slides somehow (don't see it) and we land him.

I would be VERY happy with that draft
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 11:15 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I would be all for that but would absolutely hate the Kolton Miller pick. If any of the top 3 Centers slide to the 2nd round though then that will be great value and any of them will be the Day 1 starter for us. Really hoping McGlinchy slides somehow (don't see it) and we land him.

That we would be the best draft of all time!!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 05:15 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Listening to the podcast ,he says if someone is on the board that they like drops they will run to the podium. I'm thinking they are talking about mcglinchey ,but I bet they would do the same with guys like vita vea or derwin James . He kind of talked about center next talking about price and James daniels. But that had me thinking can we really win with a 20 year old center,yeah he has upside but still. Then y'all won't like it but he mentioned koltin Miller being 6'8 ,compared him to mcglinchey saying they both play too upright at times and get bull rushed . Would NOT be surprised if they picked him because they think tackle is as premium position. Also says you can't have enough corner backs and that we will draft 2 ol 2 lb 2 safety too corners,says you can never have enough corners or lineman. He mentions that our real value in the draft will be between rounds 3-5. He wouldn't be surprised if we drafted no skill position at all. Then he says he will make his pick next week he still doesn't know yet. I took that as he don't have the info yet and they aren't decided. Lapham is a insider that's why he's always right on picks.

There are 3 OT I would NOT touch with a 10' pole!! Miller is at the top of that list. 
Reply/Quote

I'd be thrilled with that haul.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23