Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate Drinking Game!
(09-30-2020, 01:04 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Comes with a two debate suspension too. Thank god.

But there are many people saying the dems rigged it so he would fail. 

Nobody knows that better than the democrats.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll have to relook Joe's comments on his son's service, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't in favor of him being deployed. 

I too will wait for the transcript, but it seemed the discussion was toward Hunter when Joe pivoted the Beau. 

So I looked that up now, and this was going on:

Vice President Joe Biden: (46:42)
So thirdly, we’re poor. The billionaires have gotten much more wealthy by a tune of over $3- $400 billion more just since COVID. You in the home, you got less you’re in more trouble than you were before. In terms of being more violent. When we were in office there were 15% less violence in America than there is today. He’s President United States. It’s on his watch. And with regard to more divided the nation, it can’t stay divided. We can’t be this way. And speaking of my son, the way you talk about the military, the way you talk about them being losers and being and just being suckers. My son was in Iraq. He spent a year there. He got the Brown Star. He got the Conspicuous Service Medal. He was not a loser. He was a Patriot and the people left behind there were heroes.

President Donald J. Trump: (47:39)
Really?

Vice President Joe Biden: (47:39)
And I resent-

President Donald J. Trump: (47:40)
Are you talking Hunter, are you talking about Hunter.

Vice President Joe Biden: (47:42)
I’m talking about my son, Beau Biden, you’re talking about Hunter?

President Donald J. Trump: (47:44)
I don’t know Beau. I know Hunter. Hunter got thrown out of the military. He was thrown out dishonorably discharged.

Vice President Joe Biden: (47:51)
That’s not true he was not dishonorably discharged.

President Donald J. Trump: (47:53)
For cocaine use. And he didn’t have a job until you became vice president.

Vice President Joe Biden: (47:56)
None of that is true.

...so the way I see it Biden made a point about Beau Biden having served and not being a "sucker and loser" for it when Trump interrupted to talk about Hunter.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:55 AM)hollodero Wrote: So I looked that up now, and this was going on:

So thirdly, we’re poor. The billionaires have gotten much more wealthy by a tune of over $3- $400 billion more just since COVID. You in the home, you got less you’re in more trouble than you were before. In terms of being more violent. When we were in office there were 15% less violence in America than there is today. He’s President United States. It’s on his watch. And with regard to more divided the nation, it can’t stay divided. We can’t be this way. And speaking of my son, the way you talk about the military, the way you talk about them being losers and being and just being suckers. My son was in Iraq. He spent a year there. He got the Brown Star. He got the Conspicuous Service Medal. He was not a loser. He was a Patriot and the people left behind there were heroes.

Really?

And I resent-

I don’t know Beau. I know Hunter. Hunter got thrown out of the military. He was thrown out dishonorably discharged.

None of that is true.

...so the way I see it Biden made a point about Beau Biden having served and not being a "sucker and loser" for it when Trump interrupted to talk about Hunter.

And Trump continued with his attack on Hunter for being dishonorably discharged and Biden turned it into a moment where he talked about Hunter's drug addiction and his fight overcome it and how proud he was of his son.

Trump was a child.  Biden was an adult.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:55 AM)hollodero Wrote: So I looked that up now, and this was going on:

Really?

And I resent-

None of that is true.

Which son was trump speaking of when Biden made this response?

As I said. IMO Biden pivoted to make his honorable son a sheild for his POS son.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Which son was trump speaking of when Biden made this response?

As I said. IMO Biden pivoted to make his honorable son a sheild for his POS son.

Why did you call him a POS?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why did you call him a POS?

Mainly because he creeped on his dead brother's wife.  But if that make Joe "proud' who am I to question it.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mainly because he creeped on his dead brother's wife.  But if that make Joe "proud' who am I to question it.

Biden said he was proud of his son's fight against his own addiction.

But I guess dating his former sister in law is more important so we can gloss over what was said.

As an aside, given your obviously strong moral code I can't imagine what you call DJT for how he goes after and treats women.  At least they weren't related by marriage at some point.   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Biden said he was proud of his son's fight against his own addiction.

But I guess dating his former sister in law is more important so we can gloss over what was said.

As an aside, given your obviously strong moral code I can't imagine what you call DJT for how he goes after and treats women.  At least they weren't related by marriage at some point.   Mellow

He said he was proud of his son.

Pretty sure he was dating his sister in law while still married and getting another woman pregnant (which he tried to deny)

The Trump reference seems a whole lot like wahtaboutisim, but yeah, he's a POS too.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Which son was trump speaking of when Biden made this response?

Who cares who Trump was speaking of out of turn?

Biden did not respond to Trump there. He made his remarks about Beau and the military as previously planned. You can clearly read that for yourself, that he did not answer Trump in a back and forth, but delivered his prepared remarks on the military and Trump's past comments on them. You can't paint this as Trump asking about Hunter and Biden directly responding by just pivoting to Beau, hence being "repugnant". I mean, apparently you can paint it that way, but then I have to resprectfully disagree with that take on basis of the transcript.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:16 PM)hollodero Wrote: Who cares who Trump was speaking of out of turn?

Biden did not respond to Trump there. He made his remarks about Beau and the military as previously planned. You can clearly read that for yourself, that he did not answer Trump in a back and forth, but delivered his prepared remarks on the military and Trump's past comments on them. You can't paint this as Trump asking about Hunter and Biden directly responding by just pivoting to Beau, hence being "repugnant". I mean, apparently you can paint it that way, but then I have to resprectfully disagree with that take on basis of the transcript.

Biden said "speaking of my son". The only son that had been spoken of to that point was Hunter.

Feel free to respectfully disagree all you want.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Biden said "speaking of my son". The only son that had been spoken of to that point was Hunter.

Feel free to respectfully disagree all you want.

That did not escape me, I just feel it does not mean something akin to "let me pivot from the son you were interrupting me about some time earlier and thereby staining the memory of my "good" son". That is not what happened, imho. I do feel free to say that. He said "speaking of my son" and then did just that. Also it's not like he did not talk about his other son too. He very much did, so your whole premise (he wanted to shift from his "POS" son to his good son) seems flawed.

Imho it's quite obvious that he intended to talk about Beau and his time serving long before Trump displayed any of his accusations against Hunter.

Lastly, I find it weird to even focus on that part to begin with. Even if one would agree with your take (which I don't, especially when it comes to calling it "repugnant" - but hey who am I), there were still so many way more appalling things happening.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:31 PM)hollodero Wrote: That did not escape me, I just feel it does not mean something akin to "let me pivot from the son you were interrupting me about some time earlier and thereby staining the memory of my "good" son". That is not what happened, imho. I do feel free to say that. He said "speaking of my son" and then did just that. Also it's not like he did not talk about his other son too. He very much did, so your whole premise (he wanted to shift from his "POS" son to his good son) seems flawed.

Imho it's quite obvious that he intended to talk about Beau and his time serving long before Trump displayed any of his accusations against Hunter.

Lastly, I find it weird to even focus on that part to begin with. Even if one would agree with your take (which I don't, especially when it comes to calling it "repugnant" - but hey who am I), there were still so many way more appalling things happening.

Horse to water and all.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He said he was proud of his son.

Pretty sure he was dating his sister in law while still married and getting another woman pregnant (which he tried to deny)

The Trump reference seems a whole lot like wahtaboutisim, but yeah, he's a POS too.

Just one of these POS's is up for election and the other one is not. Trump seems more relevant in that regard than Hunter Biden.

I'm still torn if Biden should have brought up Trump's children in response, eg. that they misled charity donors and funneled charity money to Trump businesses and had to undergo in-person training regarding running a charity. Something so utterly embarrassing that it makes pointing at someone else's offspring for purposes of shaming appear particularly weird.

But sure, that doesn't matter much either, for they are also not running for president. As of now.

(09-30-2020, 12:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Horse to water and all.

Well... alright then. 

"read the transcripts"
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Horse to water and all.

You’re the horse in this and most scenarios.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He said he was proud of his son.

Yeah he can be proud of one thing has son has done, he can be proud that his son made mistakes and turned his life around  and you can still consider him a POS.  Free country and all that.

Just seems like a silly hill to die on after three years of "can't hold Trump accountable for his past because...forgiveness".  Whether you still think Trump is POS or that isn't mentioned when discussing him so why should we mention it about a man not even running for office?
Reply/Quote
Speaking of POS sons.

Rotten apple doesn't fall from the dead, exploding tree I guess.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 08:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Speaking of POS sons.

Rotten apple doesn't fall from the dead, exploding tree I guess.

It's particularly hypocritical as Trump used people turning to alcoholism as a sympathetic and tragic reason to lift the lockdown.  Are people who abuse substances tragic victims of circumstance or amoral hedonists?  Make up your mind. 
Reply/Quote