Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defund the police
(07-22-2020, 11:07 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Good thing there is recent precedent of allowing heavily armed groups full reign of any public space they want.  

Correct; these guys did the same thing in Stone Mountain 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Correct; these guys did the same thing in Stone Mountain 

slightly different jurisdiction.   i was thinking more along the lines of storming the capitol building, some sheepishly wearing masks pre-covid.

[Image: 797950632_1984051547.jpg?null]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 11:37 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: slightly different jurisdiction.   i was thinking more along the lines of storming the capitol building, some sheepishly wearing masks pre-covid.

[Image: 797950632_1984051547.jpg?null]

As long as you're not breaking the law, have at it.  The Michigan protesters broke zero laws and zero arrests were made.  I was informed that they were "intimidating".  But thankfully subjective opinion doesn't constitute criminal law.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:12 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As long as you're not breaking the law, have at it.  The Michigan protesters broke zero laws and zero arrests were made.  I was informed that they were "intimidating".  But thankfully subjective opinion doesn't constitute criminal law.

Apparently just the suggestion of the NFAC doing the same requires praying for peace over.

Just saying it’s difficult to understand why 1 militia feels the need to show up with guns when another plans to show up with guns, but doesn’t expect the same in the other direction. You get what I’m saying.

Hope you’re staying safe out there bud.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:34 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Apparently just the suggestion of the NFAC doing the same requires praying for peace over.

Just saying it’s difficult to understand why 1 militia feels the need to show up with guns when another plans to show up with guns, but doesn’t expect the same in the other direction.   You get what I’m saying.  

I appreciate that, it's becoming increasingly difficult.  I suppose past residents of this planet would scoff at me, but I never saw the current situation as a possibility prior to the the past few years.  I suppose the "idyllic" cold war, post USSR years spoiled me something awful.   
Reply/Quote
At this rate we don't even need to defund the police. Who wants to work a job where you can go to jail or get killed just for showing up and doing your job.

Yes there are a small number of evil cops that have done vile thing and need to be punished to the full extent.

Yes there are a lot of less evil jackass cops that think they hold power over people because they have a badge.

Yes there are stupid cops that made bad decisions (whether poorly trained or they're just plain dumb) and rightfully should be punished as it's their responsibility when they take the postion.

But the majority of cops are decent human beings like most of us that try to do their job the best they can and they are the ones unrightfully getting shit on because of the actions of a small minority.

We do not need to defund the cops, the good that most police forces bring strongly outweighs the bad. It's a political year and it's just nonstop coverage of every incident to drum up emotions.

I'm sure there's plenty of corruption in the police force as well, but no more than what's in pretty much every area of our lives. Including both sides of the political spectrum. If we want to work on policies to try to cleanse out corruption be my guest, but defunding (or reallocating which is the same damn thing) isn't going to help anything IMO.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:12 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  I was informed that they were "intimidating".  But thankfully subjective opinion doesn't constitute criminal law.

Some people claim ALL protestors are intimidating.  But apparently it just depends on which side the protestors are on.

Armed "patriots" surrounded the Kentucky Governors mansion after a 2nd Amendment rally May 24th.  This was after Bashear had been hung in effigy on the state Capitol grounds with a sign saying "sic semper tyrannis" around his neck.  Basically a threat to assassinate the governor if he did not comply with their demands. But not a single one was arrested.  However the governmor was intimidated enough that he is now having a huge fence built around the mansion.

Two weeks later unarmed peaceful protestors surround the Kentuck Attorney Generals house to protest the handling of the Brianna Taylor killing and 87 of them are arrested on felony charges.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 02:04 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: At this rate we don't even need to defund the police. Who wants to work a job where you can go to jail or get killed just for showing up and doing your job.

Yes there are a small number of evil cops that have done vile thing and need to be punished to the full extent.

Yes there are a lot of less evil jackass cops that think they hold power over people because they have a badge.

Yes there are stupid cops that made bad decisions (whether poorly trained or they're just plain dumb) and rightfully should be punished as it's their responsibility when they take the postion.

But the majority of cops are decent human beings like most of us that try to do their job the best they can and they are the ones unrightfully getting shit on because of the actions of a small minority.

We do not need to defund the cops, the good that most police forces bring strongly outweighs the bad. It's a political year and it's just nonstop coverage of every incident to drum up emotions.

I'm sure there's plenty of corruption in the police force as well, but no more than what's in pretty much every area of our lives. Including both sides of the political spectrum. If we want to work on policies to try to cleanse out corruption be my guest, but defunding (or reallocating which is the same damn thing) isn't going to help anything IMO.

To address the bold first:  The problem is the "majority" don't speak up or out against those evil, jackass, and stupid cops.  That leads to protests which leads to hundreds of videos of more evil, jackass and stupid cops.

And to your lead line:  The officer who killed Breonna Taylor are still free.  Lots of others are never charged let alone "go to jail" for anything they do/did on the job.  The evil, jackass, stupid cops get away with it.  That's the issue.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 09:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some people claim ALL protestors are intimidating.  But apparently it just depends on which side the protestors are on.

Armed "patriots" surrounded the Kentucky Governors mansion after a 2nd Amendment rally May 24th.  This was after Bashear had been hung in effigy on the state Capitol grounds with a sign saying "sic semper tyrannis" around his neck.  Basically a threat to assassinate the governor if he did not comply with their demands. But not a single one was arrested.  However the governmor was intimidated enough that he is now having a huge fence built around the mansion.

Two weeks later unarmed peaceful protestors surround the Kentuck Attorney Generals house to protest the handling of the Brianna Taylor killing and 87 of them are arrested on felony charges.

Not saying I agree with the arrests, because I don't, but you know why those arrests were made and why the situations are different.  Please tell the class.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 09:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: To address the bold first:  The problem is the "majority" don't speak up or out against those evil, jackass, and stupid cops.  That leads to protests which leads to hundreds of videos of more evil, jackass and stupid cops.

And to your lead line:  The officer who killed Breonna Taylor are still free.  Lots of others are never charged let alone "go to jail" for anything they do/did on the job.  The evil, jackass, stupid cops get away with it.  That's the issue.

Yeah but you’re still ***** over the 99.9% because of the .1%
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:03 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yeah but you’re still ***** over the 99.9% because of the .1%

Only because a majority of the 99.9% are protecting the .1%.

Also because 85.6% of all statistics are made up out of thin air.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:03 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yeah but you’re still ***** over the 99.9% because of the .1%

Careful, someone may ask you to apply this logic to all the civilians we bomb the hell out of.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:34 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Apparently just the suggestion of the NFAC doing the same requires praying for peace over.

Just saying it’s difficult to understand why 1 militia feels the need to show up with guns when another plans to show up with guns, but doesn’t expect the same in the other direction.   You get what I’m saying.  

You may have had a point if I just posted about the NFAC; however, that's not what happened. So it's simply a veiled insult.

It's been known for a while that the NFAC was coming to Louisville and I said nothing. I only brought it up when the 3%ers made a call for "boots on the ground". IMO they, not the NFAC are antagonizing the situation.  You get what I'm saying.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 11:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not saying I agree with the arrests, because I don't, but you know why those arrests were made and why the situations are different.  Please tell the class.

I don't know for sure but I have an opinion.

If you have more than that then why can't you tell us?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Only because a majority of the 99.9% are protecting the .1%.

This.

Most police officers will lie to protect dirty police officers.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know for sure but I have an opinion.

If you have more than that then why can't you tell us?

Fred, you're an attorney and you've read the story.  You know why they were arrested.  Don't be deliberately obtuse and pretend you don't know why one group was arrested and the other was not.  If you don't want to answer then just say so.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 04:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Fred, you're an attorney and you've read the story.  You know why they were arrested.  Don't be deliberately obtuse and pretend you don't know why one group was arrested and the other was not.  If you don't want to answer then just say so.

I honestly don't know the answer.

And I have to say that this is the most bizarre exchange I have ever had in a message board debate.

EVERY SINGLE TIME some one has information to correct me they are eager to share it.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I have information to correct someone I am eager to share it.

Why do you refuse to share this information with us all?

This is really strange.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I honestly don't know the answer.

Ughhh, That's honestly disturbing, Fred.

Quote:And I have to say that this is the most bizarre exchange I have ever had in a message board debate.

EVERY SINGLE TIME some one has information to correct me they are eager to share it.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I have information to correct someone I am eager to share it.

Why do you refuse to share this information with us all?

I've trained numerous officers in my time as a supervisor.  I'll tell you the same thing I tell them.  I don't want to give you the correct answer.  I want you to know why the correct answer is correct.  That way I'm not answering a single question for you, I'm giving you the knowledge to answer any question related to that topic.  

Quote:This is really strange.

I'll give you a hint.  Read the article again and find out why those protesters where arrested, for what charge.  Then come back and tell me why the instances in question are different.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Only because a majority of the 99.9% are protecting the .1%.

Also because 85.6% of all statistics are made up out of thin air.   Smirk

I put a lot of time and effort into my statistical calculations thank you very much.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 12:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Careful, someone may ask you to apply this logic to all the civilians we bomb the hell out of.

Yeah, but they're not American. Usually.  Ninja
Reply/Quote