Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrat Convention Thread
(08-03-2016, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I found this to be telling:

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/msnbc-headlines-show-blatant-bias-grieving-parental-addresses-dnc-and-rnc

And this?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends-criticizes-other-networks-for-not-covering-pat-smith-rnc-speech-theres-just-one-problem/

Quote:Fox & Friends Criticizes Other Networks for Not Covering Pat Smith RNC Speech. There’s Just One Problem.

Fox & Friends this morning thought they spotted a bit of media bias in how other networks avoided live coverage of the RNC speech from Benghazi mother Patricia Smith.

Steve Doocy
 said there’s a double standard in how she was covered and how Khizr Khan‘s being covered.

“I was on the floor for that,” Brian Kilmeade said. “I did not know that no networks covered her. Nobody covered those remarks live, but almost everybody covered Mr. Khan’s remarks live.”

There’s just one problem.

CNN covered the entirety of Smith’s speech. MSNBC did the same.

Wanna guess who didn’t? Fox News.

In fact, Fox News literally cut to commercial as the speaker before Smith wrapped, and when Bill O’Reilly returned from break and she was still speaking, he conducted an interview with Donald Trump.

This is very reminiscent of that time when Fox News’ own Todd Starnes scolded the mainstream media for not covering the memorial of slain NYPD officer Rafael Ramos. CNN and MSNBC devoted plenty of live coverage to the memorial. Fox News? Not so much.

Are people on Fox News watching their own network? Or do they just have this automatic Pavlovian response to things they assume the evil liberal media isn’t covering?

You can watch Fox & Friends‘ complaints above.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-03-2016, 07:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And most of Trumps points from his acceptance speech were proven mostly true, after the media initially called almost all of them as lies.

Shocked

Could I have a link or two about that?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-03-2016, 12:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Make anything broad enough and it will be very similar. Like I said, it was one of many things you could choose to do that would make you a candidate for funding. 

OK....So you're doubling down (or is that triple or quadruple?) on "adopt this, and get money"?
--------------------------------------------------------

(08-03-2016, 01:29 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What did Gary Johnson answer when Samantha Bee asked him about the rest of the Libertarian Party?

He said, and I quote "They are bat shit crazy".

The amazing thing about that is a Repub or Dem would never acknowledge that.

Yep, there are crazies in the Libertarian party.  Just as there are in the Repub and Dem party.  But guess who would never call out their party?

(08-04-2016, 04:45 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: OK....So you're doubling down (or is that triple or quadruple?) on "adopt this, and get money"?

I'm doubling down on reality. You do realize this is directly related to my job, right? I actually understand what the hell common core is, how it was created, and how it has been implemented. 

Johnson blundered on his answer. You have to stretch to suggest this was forced on the states by the federal government. He should have said "Yes, I support states voluntarily adopting it, but I do not support federal government incentives to adopt policy they desire". 

He didn't. He said no because policy decisions should come from the state and local level... Even though it came from the state level. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-04-2016, 04:47 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The amazing thing about that is a Repub or Dem would never acknowledge that.

Yep, there are crazies in the Libertarian party.  Just as there are in the Repub and Dem party.  But guess who would never call out their party?

I appreciate that he did.
The majority of the media gave the LP nutjobs air time to discredit the party, in the past.
I think Johnson coming out and acknowledging them in that manner shows honesty and elevates himself above the horde, to attract the undecided voters.
I don't know....
I guess I value a bluntness more than most.
(08-04-2016, 06:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I appreciate that he did.
The majority of the media gave the LP nutjobs air time to discredit the party, in the past.
I think Johnson coming out and acknowledging them in that manner shows honesty and elevates himself above the horde, to attract the undecided voters.
I don't know....
I guess I value a bluntness more than most.

His campaign is "people are libertarians, they just don't realize it", so he needs to tell people "hey, we got some weird ones, but a lot of us aren't like that. " 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-03-2016, 08:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: Shocked

Could I have a link or two about that?

NY Times is a liberal biased paper.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/us/politics/donald-trump-fact-check.html?_r=0
(08-04-2016, 06:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm doubling down on reality. You do realize this is directly related to my job, right? I actually understand what the hell common core is, how it was created, and how it has been implemented. 

But apparently not the financing.