Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrat Convention Thread
(07-31-2016, 12:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm saying he's a dbag.

Gee, you've never said that before.  You forgot third grader with a bank account.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-31-2016, 12:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I posted my first anti-Gary Johnson photo on FB.

I can't keep up with the angry followups I've been getting about how I am wrong and he is right.

Care to share the photo?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-31-2016, 12:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Care to share the photo?

[Image: 13627159_10210032028101302_5865929615794...e=58151A03]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-31-2016, 12:21 PM)McC Wrote: Gee, you've never said that before.  You forgot third grader with a bank account.

Don't sell him short. He can be both...

ThumbsUp
(07-31-2016, 12:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 13627159_10210032028101302_5865929615794...e=58151A03]

A large number of the population, politicians included, seem to not know a lot about common core. As a teacher, it can be frustrating. Still a far better candidate than Trump or Hillary. 

(07-31-2016, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump is a man of little to no substance.

As I said elsewhere:  I get people who vote for him because they cannot bring themselves to vote for Clinton.  I cannot understand anyone who likes what he says or claims to stand for.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-questions-army-father-s-dnc-speech-wife-s-n620241?cid=sm_fb

Ghazala Khan's response:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ghazala-khan-donald-trump-criticized-my-silence-he-knows-nothing-about-true-sacrifice/2016/07/31/c46e52ec-571c-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

Quote: CHARLOTTESVILLE

Donald Trump has asked why I did not speak at the Democratic convention. He said he would like to hear from me. Here is my answer to Donald Trump: Because without saying a thing, all the world, all America, felt my pain. I am a Gold Star mother. Whoever saw me felt me in their heart.

Donald Trump said I had nothing to say. I do. My son Humayun Khan, an Army captain, died 12 years ago in Iraq. He loved America, where we moved when he was 2 years old. He had volunteered to help his country, signing up for the ROTC at the University of Virginia. This was before the attack of Sept. 11, 2001. He didn’t have to do this, but he wanted to.

When Humayun was sent to Iraq, my husband and I worried about his safety. I had already been through one war, in Pakistan in 1965, when I was just a high school student. So I was very scared. You can sacrifice yourself, but you cannot take it that your kids will do this.

We asked if there was some way he could not go, because he had already done his service. He said it was his duty. I cannot forget when he was going to the plane, and he looked back at me. He was happy, and giving me strength: “Don’t worry, Mom. Everything will be all right.”

The last time I spoke to my son was on Mother’s Day 2004. We had asked him to call us collect whenever he could. I begged him to be safe. I asked him to stay back, and not to go running around trying to become a hero, because I knew he would do something like that.

He said, “Mom, these are my soldiers, these are my people. I have to take care of them.” He was killed by a car bomber outside the gates of his base. He died trying to save his soldiers and innocent civilians.

That is my son. Humayun was always dependable. If I was vacuuming the house and he was home, he would take the vacuum from my hand and clean the house. He volunteered to teach disabled children in the hospital how to swim. He said, “I love when they have a little bit of progress and their faces, they light up. At least they are that much happy.” He wanted to be a lawyer, like his father, to help people.

Humayun is my middle son, and the others are doing so well, but every day I feel the pain of his loss. It has been 12 years, but you know hearts of pain can never heal as long as we live. Just talking about it is hard for me all the time. Every day, whenever I pray, I have to pray for him, and I cry. The place that emptied will always be empty.

I cannot walk into a room with pictures of Humayun. For all these years, I haven’t been able to clean the closet where his things are — I had to ask my daughter-in-law to do it. Walking onto the convention stage, with a huge picture of my son behind me, I could hardly control myself. What mother could? Donald Trump has children whom he loves. Does he really need to wonder why I did not speak?

Donald Trump said that maybe I wasn’t allowed to say anything. That is not true. My husband asked me if I wanted to speak, but I told him I could not. My religion teaches me that all human beings are equal in God’s eyes. Husband and wife are part of each other; you should love and respect each other so you can take care of the family.

When Donald Trump is talking about Islam, he is ignorant. If he studied the real Islam and Koran, all the ideas he gets from terrorists would change, because terrorism is a different religion.

Donald Trump said he has made a lot of sacrifices. He doesn’t know what the word sacrifice means.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-31-2016, 12:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I posted my first anti-Gary Johnson photo on FB.

I can't keep up with the angry followups I've been getting about how I am wrong and he is right.

If it wasn't a photo shopped picture of him as a Nazi with the caption "put the ho mo cake in the oven before I put you in it" then you're not trying hard enough.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-31-2016, 12:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 13627159_10210032028101302_5865929615794...e=58151A03]

This isn't a meme. This is an actual serious argument. Check out my idea right above this post.

so... He advocates states leading their direction. States do that and people fault him for saying that's a positive?

as a former education reporter, I agree with him, and I believe in some form of common core. But I don't believe in federal mandates like nclb... Which isn't the same thing.
(07-31-2016, 07:46 PM)Benton Wrote: so... He advocates states leading their direction. States do that and people fault him for saying that's a positive?

as a former education reporter, I agree with him, and I believe in some form of common core. But I don't believe in federal mandates like nclb... Which isn't the same thing.

They fault him for characterizing the CCSS as a national level mandate when it is a state level initiative. The federal government did offer money for states who adopted it, but the states created it. 

(07-31-2016, 10:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  The federal government did offer money for states who adopted it, but the states created it. 

And what Gary Johnson is saying is that states can still do as they choose, just that not every single one of 50 states should be dictated to by a federal mandate.

See, saying "states created it" is not the same as saying "every state agrees with the agenda 100%". All Gary Johnson is saying is to leave it to each individual state to adopt what they agree with.

And not necessarily directed at you, but this is what confuses and infuriates big gubmit liberals. Because if you ain't with them, then you're an idiot - and prepare to be bukkaked with faux science and bullshit logic....shamed into accepting Facebook posts as gospel.
--------------------------------------------------------

So the Khan situation is continually in the media here, and it has gotten me thinking. The DNC decision to put them up on stage was complete and total bait. They were hoping that Trump would say something stupid as a result, and he delivered.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
It's kind of odd Clinton used the death of a soldier in war she voted for to bash Trump - who opposed the war. Either way, both campaigns used a mother of a dead soldier as a shield to viciously attack the one another. And here's a relevant meme.

[Image: 13654340_511477809038219_561344418770995...e=5816079C]
(08-01-2016, 07:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So the Khan situation is continually in the media here, and it has gotten me thinking. The DNC decision to put them up on stage was complete and total bait. They were hoping that Trump would say something stupid as a result, and he delivered.

Bait?  You just have to give him a microphone and he'll say something stupid.

(08-01-2016, 08:02 AM)6andcounting Wrote: It's kind of odd Clinton used the death of a soldier in  war she voted for to bash Trump - who opposed the war. Either way, both campaigns used a mother of a dead soldier as a shield to viciously attack the one another. And here's a relevant meme.

I don't necessarily like it at all.

But this is about Trump's inability to handle it more than what happened itself.

Oh and Trump was for the war before he was against it.

Quote:Over and over, Donald Trump has stated falsely that he opposed the Iraq war from the start, and he did it again Tuesday in Indiana.

“It should have never happened,” the Republican presidential hopeful told a crowd at a rally outside Indianapolis with a potential running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.

“I didn’t want to go from the beginning, and I have proof – from the beginning. I didn’t want Iraq. I said you’re going to destabilize the Middle East, and that’s exactly what happened.”

But in an audio recording unearthed by Buzzfeed News, radio host Howard Stern asked Trump whether he supported invading Iraq in an interview on Sept. 11, 2002, six months before President George W. Bush ordered the start of the war.

“Yeah, I guess so,” Trump responded. “I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

Asked for proof that Trump had opposed the war, his spokeswoman Hope Hicks said he was “referring to a clip from Neil Cavuto” of Fox News from January 2003.

Trump told Cavuto that perhaps Bush “shouldn't be doing it yet, and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations,” according to Politifact, a nonpartisan fact-checking organization. But it was false, Politifact found, for Trump to state that
he “was totally against the war in Iraq” and had warned it would destabilize the Middle East.

Trump’s statements Tuesday came in freewheeling remarks to supporters in Westfield, Ind., after days of sticking to carefully scripted comments in the aftermath of the fatal shooting of five police officers in Dallas.

He accused Democratic rival Hillary Clinton of singlehandedly giving rise to the Islamic State terrorist group when she was secretary of State. “She’s the one who created it with stupidity,” he said. “With stupid, stupid policy.”

Bu you know, Clinton.
(08-01-2016, 08:02 AM)6andcounting Wrote: It's kind of odd Clinton used the death of a soldier in war she voted for to bash Trump - who opposed the war. Either way, both campaigns used a mother of a dead soldier as a shield to viciously attack the one another. And here's a relevant meme.

Not really. The Khans weren't saying their son died senselessly, and they weren't blaming anyone for the death of their son. They were up there saying their son was a hero but (in their opinion) Trump would have treated him as a second class citizen and likely never given him the opportunity, would have discriminated against him because of his faith and ethnicity.

Both used grieving parents to attack, that part is true, but the message was a bit different. The RNC is still trying to hang Benghazi around Clinton's neck as they have been the whole time, while the DNC is attacking Trump for his perceived prejudices.

(08-01-2016, 08:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not really. The Khans weren't saying their son died senselessly, and they weren't blaming anyone for the death of their son. They were up there saying their son was a hero but (in their opinion) Trump would have treated him as a second class citizen and likely never given him the opportunity, would have discriminated against him because of his faith and ethnicity.

Both used grieving parents to attack, that part is true, but the message was a bit different. The RNC is still trying to hang Benghazi around Clinton's neck as they have been the whole time, while the DNC is attacking Trump for his perceived prejudices.

So it is the same.  Nobody said their message was the same, just their purpose.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-01-2016, 09:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So it is the same.  Nobody said their message was the same, just their purpose.

I should have specified. My "not really" was in reference to him saying:
(08-01-2016, 08:02 AM)6andcounting Wrote: It's kind of odd Clinton used the death of a soldier in war she voted for to bash Trump - who opposed the war.

Which is why I put that in bold.

(08-01-2016, 09:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So it is the same.  Nobody said their message was the same, just their purpose.

Yes, both parents attacked the candidate; however, one of them had to speculate over what might have happened if the object of their attack had been in charge.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-01-2016, 11:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, both parents attacked the candidate; however, one of them had to speculate over what might have happened if the object of their attack had been in charge.

Do you have to buy those special hearing aids on line or can you get them over the counter?

Because if that was your take away you have a hearing problem.
I dont want tobread through 9 pages. And i probably should make a new thread.

Black lives matter showed their true racist foundation during the DNC when they ordered white people to the back. Separating people by race.

Coming out and reinforcing that they had nothing to do with the police/neighborhood cookout shows they are anti-police.

BLM is a racist anti-police movement at its core.