Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrat Convention Thread
Good to see the Bernie supporters chanting "No more war" getting drowned out by chants of "USA" when the Marine 4 star general was speaking, especially about defeating ISIS. And now some were chanting that when a Medal of Honor recipient was speaking.

I mean seriously, they need to grow the **** up and join the real world we live in.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
At least she's charming and very likable.
(07-29-2016, 12:04 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: At least she's charming and very likable.

And he isn't?  Confused

[Image: donald-trump-funny-face-300x300.jpg?w=60]

LOL....the balloons fall and they're all red...for a few seconds. And I thought, well that's probably a mistake (panning back there were blue and white, too).
--------------------------------------------------------

"'A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons'' - HRC tonight

Another summed up reason why I won't for that demagogue who is destroying my old Republican Party single handed. I hope Hillary crushes him into oblivion this November.

(07-29-2016, 12:48 AM)Millhouse Wrote: "'A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons'' - HRC tonight

Another summed up reason why I won't for that demagogue who is destroying my old Republican Party single handed. I hope Hillary crushes him into oblivion this November.

The only problem with that is then you have her as President and she couldn't even be trusted with emails.

Plus, it's preposterous to think Trump would do anything with nuclear weapons anyway.

These asswipes will say anything.

Dumb and dumber running against each other for president.  Or should I say Vile and Viler.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-29-2016, 12:04 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: At least she's charming and very likable.

In what universe?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(07-28-2016, 12:11 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think the most important goal that Obama wanted to do was to unify their party. And if that speech didnt do it, then I dont know what will. 

I will say this, if Hillary does win, I think last night's speeches from Biden, Bloomberg, and Obama may be looked at as the launching off point for the final 3 month leg of the campaign. Biden blasted Trump as clueless on the middle class, Bloomberg as an Independent reached to the moderate undecideds, but most importantly Obama unified the party for the sole purpose of defeating Trump.

This is the whole problem right here.  None of the assholes care in the least about unifying the country.  How long has it been since a President was able to create any kind of compromise among the two parties?  And neither one of these tools in the race have any interest in doing so, according to all their empty rhetoric.

I am very pleased with myself.

I didn't watch EITHER convention!

ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
[Image: Khizr-Khan.jpg]

That is a local family (Charlottesville) and their son was a UVA grad, so their moment in the spotlight has been all over the news here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-29-2016, 08:12 AM)McC Wrote: The only problem with that is then you have her as President and she couldn't even be trusted with emails.

Plus, it's preposterous to think Trump would do anything with nuclear weapons anyway.

These asswipes will say anything.

Dumb and dumber running against each other for president.  Or should I say Vile and Viler.

Actually I think the have a different system for the President.

They fixed that after the whole Bush debacle.

Quote:In 2007, when Congress asked the Bush administration for emails surrounding the firing of eights U.S. attorneys, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales revealed that many of the emails requested could not be produced because they were sent on a non-government email server.  The officials had used the private domain gwb43.com, a server run by the Republican National Committee. Two years later, it was revealed that potentially 22 million emails were deleted, which was considered by some to be a violation of the Presidential Records Act.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-29-2016, 08:23 AM)McC Wrote: This is the whole problem right here.  None of the assholes care in the least about unifying the country.  How long has it been since a President was able to create any kind of compromise among the two parties?  And neither one of these tools in the race have any interest in doing so, according to all their empty rhetoric.
That's why we need to get Johnson in there.
Being as there's no D or R next to his name, you'd think congress would bend a little, since they will not be seen as bending over for "the other side".

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(07-29-2016, 12:48 AM)Millhouse Wrote: "'A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons'' - HRC tonight

Cause everybody knows that all the President has to do is push a button that he carries around with him to launch all the nukes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-29-2016, 08:48 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I am very pleased with myself.

ThumbsUp

I watched the first night of each.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-29-2016, 08:48 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I am very pleased with myself.

ThumbsUp

(07-29-2016, 10:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I watched the first night of each.

I couldn't do it. Those things just make me cringe.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-29-2016, 10:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I couldn't do it. Those things just make me cringe.

I saw a couple small pieces.  I don't watch State of the Union addresses either.

I'll probably watch some of the debates.  Should be good for a laugh or two.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-29-2016, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: I saw a couple small pieces.  I don't watch State of the Union addresses either.

Didn't watch any of either, and sometime during W's admin I stopped watching SOTU.  It's beyond ridiculous.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-29-2016, 08:13 AM)McC Wrote: In what universe?

I thought that statement wouldn't even need the ninja. 
(07-29-2016, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: I saw a couple small pieces.  I don't watch State of the Union addresses either.

(07-29-2016, 11:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn't watch any of either, and sometime during W's admin I stopped watching SOTU.  It's beyond ridiculous.  

I just can't handle the nationalism, the hyperbole, and the lack of substance. Conventions, debates, SOTU, all the same.

Will be interesting to see what kind of post-convention bounce Hillary gets. I have a feeling the gap will be at least as wide as it was pre-conventions.
--------------------------------------------------------