Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard is back
(03-21-2019, 04:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: the Bengals shouldnt even be looking at secondary in draft until rds 5 to 7

Maybe safety before then if the value is too good, but definitely agree on CB. Since we're likely looking at end of roster guys we'll probably weigh special teams ability a little more.

Anyone know how much Webb played special teams? 
Reply/Quote
The contract is everything, but if KC offered priority usage money he would be there. It's interesting to see the Bengals finally paying legit money across the board at corner. If Dennard faired better outside Dre would be worried. As it stands you eventually pay WJ3 and enjoy the quality from 1 to 4 at corner. I'm happy about the end result here.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 04:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: 3 Years / 96 million with 32 million guaranteed.

I've mentioned time and again on here: Once a narrative gets started it's hard to stop. I assume the current narrative is the Bengals overspend on talent. Guess which Bengal 2019 FA incoming/outgoing has the biggest contract in total dollars, total average per year and total guaranteed money. 

Drum roll: Tyler Kroft. So let's stop this narrative. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are those real numbers? Please tell me you were joking
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
If they gave him anywhere near the 10 mil he allegedly wanted I’m going to be very disappointed.

Reply/Quote
why are people even asking if those are real numbers? what if i said 2 years 100 million are people gonna ask me if thats real too? my goodness. For those that needed to ask. No those are not real numbers.
Reply/Quote
Glad to have him back....
Reply/Quote
But so many people on here *swore* they signed Webb to take his place!
Reply/Quote
Great move by the team to have him back, really opens up the draft for us
Reply/Quote
As long as they didn't break the bank.
Reply/Quote
I'm extremely happy about it. DB group starting to look strong. Also happy to see the almost 100 percent positive response to it. Only a few people trying to find bucket of cold water to throw on it. There are moves that needed a bucket of cold water, but this isn't one of them.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 07:46 PM)NKURyan Wrote: But so many people on here *swore* they signed Webb to take his place!

Stop being a negative Nancy. Enjoy the fact that the Bengals brought back a CB with 3 interceptions in 5 years!
Reply/Quote
Good on Dennard. Knowing we never got our moneys worth after drafting him in the 1st and coming back at a discount price to make it up to us.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 09:18 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I'm extremely happy about it.  DB group starting to look strong.  Also happy to see the almost 100 percent positive response to it.  Only a few people trying to find  bucket of cold water to throw on it. There are moves that needed a bucket of cold water, but this isn't one of them.

Our secondary should be pretty good overall.

Still a pretty glaring hole at LB.

Defensive line should be above average too.

IF we can draft Devin White...our D will look pretty good on paper.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Good on Dennard. Knowing we never got our moneys worth after drafting him in the 1st and coming back at a discount price to make it up to us.

Do we know he came back at a discounted price? I see nothing on salary.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Stop being a negative Nancy. Enjoy the fact that the Bengals brought back a CB with 3 interceptions in 5 years!

There we go - can't complain about the Bengals letting him walk, so now we're back to calling him a bum. It'd be funny if it wasn't so damned predictable.

They should probably cut that William Jackson kid too since INTs are all that a CB is good for in your wise eyes. What a bum!
Reply/Quote
It is interesting to note that Jackson has 1 career int in 2 years, Dennard 3 ints in 5 years, and Kirkpatrick has 10 ints in 7 years.

Turnovers are king in the NFL for defenses and our secondary is poor as far as interceptions.

There are other stats to measure their performance, but ints is definitely a huge state for CB's.
Reply/Quote
Glad to have him back, Dennard seemed at times to be the most willing tackler on the entire defense
Reply/Quote
Glad we won’t have to waste a draft pick on a CB now.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 07:46 PM)NKURyan Wrote: But so many people on here *swore* they signed Webb to take his place!

They most likely did because Dennard's camp wanted a huge deal. He didn't find it out there so they came back here. I won't be too surprised if it's a one year deal and Dennard just goes for slot corner money next year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote