Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dept Of Education: We're Done Being Involved With Transgender Students And Bathroom
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27058/department-education-were-done-being-involved-hank-berrien

Another Change from obama policy. Glad to see this stuff ended. Yet another joke by he obama administration.

I do wonder if leftists will try and force this another way on the rest of us.

Quote:Department Of Education: We're Done Being Involved With Transgender Students And Bathrooms

Hank BerrienFebruary 12, 2018

Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images
The Department of Education has decided it will not investigate or interfere if transgender students complain they are barred from bathrooms that match their chosen gender, according to Buzzfeed News.

On Thursday, Buzzfeed asked Liz Hill, a spokesperson for the Department of Education, if restroom complaints from transgender students are not covered by a 1972 federal civil rights law called Title IX. Hill answered, “Yes, that’s what the law says,” adding on Friday, “Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, not gender identity.”

Hill made it clear that some complaints by transgender students will indeed be investigated, but bathroom complaints will not be among them. She stated, “Where students, including transgender students, are penalized or harassed for failing to conform to sex-based stereotypes, that is sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX. In the case of bathrooms, however, long-standing regulations provide that separating facilities on the basis of sex is not a form of discrimination prohibited by Title IX.”

No formal announcement of the Department's decision has been made.

Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 states that discrimination is forbidden on the basis of sex. The word “gender” is not included in its language:

No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

Advocates for the transgender community claim that the text of the law, by using “sex,” is ambiguous, thus allowing them to claim that sex can also refer to “gender.”

In May 2016, the Obama administration issued guidance stating Title IX guarantees transgender students can use restrooms and other school facilities matching their gender identity. In February 2017, the Trump Administration rescinding Obama’s guidance, asserting it would "more completely consider the legal issues involved.”
So what did a transvestite or transgender person ever do to you personally that you have such a hate for them?

I'm genuinely curious.

I'd bet the only interaction you ever had was seeing someone you didn't know and making fun of them...but it seems they have done some kind of irreparable harm to your psyche based on your infatuation with them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So what if your daughter complains that there is a girl at her school who dresses like a boy and wants to have sex with other girls and it makes her feel uncomfortable to have to use the bathroom or shower with that girl?
So they won't deal with any bathroom issues because trans discrimination isn't sex based discrimination but they will deal with non bathroom trans discrimination because that is sex based discrimination.

LULZ
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I still find it funny that people care so deeply about what kind of bathrooms people use.

I thought Republicans were against the whole restriction of rights and over-regulation issues.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: TrumpTransBathtroomCartoon.jpg?resize=768%2C578]
This is one of those situations in which a large population will feel that those they associate with are being slighted.

I remember not being happy when Obama said he was going to withhold funding from school that didn't allow kids to use the facility of their choice and I'm sure there are many now mad that the DoE has decided to no longer support their desire to use the facility of their choice.

My opinion has not changed; use the facility designed for your biological sex; because after all; using the bathroom is a biological function.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-13-2018, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is one of those situations in which a large population will feel that those they associate with are being slighted.

I remember not being happy when Obama said he was going to withhold funding from school that didn't allow kids to use the facility of their choice and I'm sure there are many now mad that the DoE has decided to no longer support their desire to use the facility of their choice.

My opinion has not changed; use the facility designed for your biological sex; because after all; using the bathroom is a biological function.

Sounds reasonable to me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

i thought trump was all for helping the forgotten people

or was that only the rich, white racists?
People suck
(02-14-2018, 10:01 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Sounds reasonable to me.

Except for someone who looks like a man being in the ladies room...I'm sure all the "normal" people will just say "oh, well at least they used the right bathroom for their personal plumbing" and there won't be ANY overreaction about how they thought it was a man or that the pervert was looking at the women, etc.
(02-14-2018, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: Except for someone who looks like a man being in the ladies room...I'm sure all the "normal" people will just say "oh, well at least they used the right bathroom for their personal plumbing" and there won't be ANY overreaction about how they thought it was a man or that the pervert was looking at the women, etc.

Just seems if gender and sex are different things, then this one falls under sex as it is a physical endeavor.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-14-2018, 10:08 AM)Griever Wrote: i thought trump was all for helping the forgotten people

or was that only the rich, white racists?

Who is forgotten?

(02-14-2018, 10:38 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Who is forgotten?

I always find it funny when people try and act like specific groups are forgotten. Democrats seem to only want to represent a few groups, where Republicans always speak about everyone as a whole. This has always annoyed me about democrats and probably what initially pushed me away from them.
(02-14-2018, 10:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I always find it funny when people try and act like specific groups are forgotten.    Democrats seem to only want to represent a few groups, where Republicans always speak about everyone as a whole.     This has always annoyed me about democrats and probably what initially pushed me away from them.

I always find it funny when people treat specific groups they don't like as not part of everyone as a whole.  It annoys me about people when they do that no matter which party they claim to be in.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
(02-14-2018, 11:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: I always find it funny when people treat specific groups they don't like as not part of everyone as a whole.  It annoys me about people when they do that no matter which party they claim to be in.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Everyone is being respected. Part of respecting everyone is to keep your own weird stuff at bay.
(02-14-2018, 10:01 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Sounds reasonable to me.

That does sound reasonable, but so does "Use the bathroom without being concerned with any genitals but your own" doesn't it? 

(02-14-2018, 11:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Everyone is being respected.   Part of respecting everyone is to keep your own weird stuff at bay.

Who gets to declare what is weird?  We are talking about the same society that was once offended by people being left-handed, dating someone who is a different race, and showing married couples sleeping in the same bed on TV.  Maybe we should have bathrooms for kids and bathrooms for people who are 18+ because I think a room with no cameras where grown men unzip their pants and expose their junk when young boys could be present could be weird.
(02-14-2018, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That does sound reasonable, but so does "Use the bathroom without being concerned with any genitals but your own" doesn't it? 

Or "use the bathroom where you're statistically far less likely to be the victim of an assault because of your gender identity". 

They're concerned with imaginary assaults rather than the ones that occur.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-14-2018, 11:45 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Everyone is being respected.   Part of respecting everyone is to keep your own weird stuff at bay.

You do know you don't have to look at everyone and tell them how weird they are...right?
Go in the bathroom, do your thing and get out.  If you are going in there to gawk at other people/other people's junk/sexually assault someone then you are doing it wrong, and you know you are doing it wrong, and no amount of "rules" are going to stop you from being a sexual deviant.  Geez, if people actually took nearly as much time and attention in public restrooms as you think then more people would actually bother to wash their hands.  People don't take the time to wash their hands but they're deeply involved in the biological makeup of everyone else in there?  That is what classifies as weird in my book.

Is it possible for me to start the "Just go in and piss" movement?

Eureka!  We just need to declare it weird to give this much of a toss about other people's lives and then you can keep your weirdness at bay and let other people be whomever the fudge they want to be as long as it doesn't actually hurt anyone (and I mean real hurt, not this bs societal breakdown people have attributed to damn near everything for the past 100 years).
(02-14-2018, 10:38 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Who is forgotten?

no one was ever forgotten

its just the ignorant people that voted for trump and fell for his schtick that felt like they were "forgotten"
People suck