Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derrick Henry Injury
Someone on reddit posted this video. Its basically a doctor analyzing Derrick Henry's workout video from this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3D1H7hIlZw

I found it quit interesting. You can def tell the guy isn't 100%.

I also find it interesting that he basically looks significantly better running a certain direction (left) and cutting off his left foot rather than his right. You really have to wonder/hope the Bengals take this into account. You would really think the Titans will run him left more often than right when he's in the game to try and take advantage of the explosiveness he still has running in that direction.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Weird thing is I don't think they had a drop off when he was injured. At least in total yards. YPC may be different
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whether he is injured or not, I hope the Titans inundate him with carries. I believe that plays into our hands.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Weird thing is I don't think they had a drop off when he was injured.  At least in total yards.  YPC may be different

As Zac Taylor likes to say: 

"Their offense is their offense" 

They will run with Henry or with someone else. You just need to be ready and prepared for it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: As Zac Taylor likes to say: 

"Their offense is their offense" 

They will run with Henry or with someone else. You just need to be ready and prepared for it. 

& I hope the defense doesn't take the other Titans RB lightly just because they aren't Henry. They are pros, so I assume they are prepared.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Someone on reddit posted this video. Its basically a doctor analyzing Derrick Henry's workout video from this week:

I also find it interesting that he basically looks significantly better running a certain direction (left) and cutting off his left foot rather than his right. You really have to wonder/hope the Bengals take this into account. You would really think the Titans will run him left more often than right when he's in the game to try and take advantage of the explosiveness he still has running in that direction.

Was listening to 1010 this morning...they bring doc Murphy in every Thursday and from what I heard from him was that there is no way Henry comes in and is affective come Saturday it even sounded like he wouldn’t be able to do much according to the doc if the titans were to win and play next week as well. As of this morning from what I’ve heard I don’t think we are gonna be facing Henry but then again the guys a freak so until kickoff I’m not betting nothing
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Someone on reddit posted this video. Its basically a doctor analyzing Derrick Henry's workout video from this week:

Interesting.. Should the expect a lot of runs to the left? There's no way he's 100% with a plate in his foot...
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Weird thing is I don't think they had a drop off when he was injured. At least in total yards. YPC may be different

That - and - DH at 70% is still better than most RB’s lol
Reply/Quote
It’s obvious what their game plan is.I would be surprised if they even limit Henry.The Bengals need to somehow,someway,at least keep this running game of the Titans from getting out of hand.If they do that,and jump out to an early lead,they’ll probably win the game.Just don’t make the mistake of underestimating Henry.I think he’ll be full go,and possibly carry the ball 30 times.Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

We’ve all seen deceptive techniques used in the NFL before.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & I hope the defense doesn't take the other Titans RB lightly just because they aren't Henry. They are pros, so I assume they are prepared.

yeah they ran just as good w/o henry as they did with him.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Weird thing is I don't think they had a drop off when he was injured.  At least in total yards.  YPC may be different

Foreman and Henry had the exact same YPC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:29 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: It’s obvious what their game plan is.I would be surprised if they even limit Henry.The Bengals need to somehow,someway,at least keep this running game of the Titans from getting out of hand.If they do that,and jump out to an early lead,they’ll probably win the game.Just don’t make the mistake of underestimating Henry.I think he’ll be full go,and possibly carry the ball 30 times.Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

We’ve all seen deceptive techniques used in the NFL before.

They'll probably rotate him with Foreman some and even take him out sometime in the 4th quarter, depending on lead.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:42 PM)magikod Wrote: yeah they ran just as good w/o henry as they did with him.

This goes to show you why running back isn't as valuable as a position as it once was and why teams aren't willing to invest a ton of money into running backs anymore. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & I hope the defense doesn't take the other Titans RB lightly just because they aren't Henry. They are pros, so I assume they are prepared.

I don't think that's really a thing.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Have a hard time seeing anyone underestimated Henry... but with the leadership and team captains the Bengals have brought in this will never be an issue IMO.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I don't want to underestimate him.

But I read earlier that he had a metal plate put in that injured foot. I really like watching the guy play. Hopefully they are not rushing him back and shortening his career. They should probably sit him this week just to be safe.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This goes to show you why running back isn't as valuable as a position as it once was and why teams aren't willing to invest a ton of money into running backs anymore. 

Yeah, it all starts with the O-line.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Runningbacks don't matter.

This team can run the ball well no matter who's holding it.
Reply/Quote
Foreman has looked like clone of Henry out there.
Reply/Quote
I'd be pretty surprised to find out the Bengals were game planning for one running back over another. With consistency at the run game and a QB that can make some plays with his feet, I'm sure they're looking at containment and making tackles. My nerve meter doesn't go up or down whether it's Henry or another RB starting on Saturday, the Bengals just need to make sure they're shutting down the run.
Reply/Quote