Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Did we not win the division, win the AFC, go to the MF'n Super Bowl, AND get better?
So what's up with all the hate from the media, fans of other teams, etc?

Is this just what comes from being successful? It seems like NO ONE is giving this team a chance next year. The Browns and Ravens are the teams that people are already picking to win the division. Fans on other social media platforms are the worst. We went from being the darling in the playoffs last year to everyone shitting on us and calling last year a "fluke".

It just blows my mind. This team is really good, complete team that had success last year and got BETTER this year. NO ONE is talking about us.

And I know I know - I shouldn't listen to the media and fans...but I do. Because it's fun and it's part of being a fan. I mean, what the hell gives?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
They aren’t ready to see the two Joe’s behind a decent OL. Let them keep doubting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Great graph here on all 32 teams improvement index after free agency by The Athletic
https://twitter.com/kevincolepff/status/1506251892711636995?s=21
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So what's up with all the hate from the media, fans of other teams, etc?

Is this just what comes from being successful? It seems like NO ONE is giving this team a chance next year. The Browns and Ravens are the teams that people are already picking to win the division. Fans on other social media platforms are the worst. We went from being the darling in the playoffs last year to everyone shitting on us and calling last year a "fluke".

It just blows my mind. This team is really good, complete team that had success last year and got BETTER this year. NO ONE is talking about us.

And I know I know - I shouldn't listen to the media and fans...but I do. Because it's fun and it's part of being a fan. I mean, what the hell gives?

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493b2xhemayptid0wnblvxv...w.gif&ct=g]

Right on, love the passion Weezy. It's fun being a fan of this team.

I suppose Cincinnati is the smaller market, we've had a lot of losing in our history, and we didn't make the big name FA splash like acquiring Wilson or Watson to play QB so the media isn't giving us much attention. This is going to be a fun season to see how Burrow performs since three new guys are protecting him.
Reply/Quote
Just an absolute ton of talent came into the AFC this year and made a tough conference even tougher. It's also simply hard to repeat, look at the Bucs. They won the SB, brought back every single one of their starters, add some better depth, and lost the first real playoff game that they played.

Not saying that it's going to happen to the Bengals, I think they'll be quite good this year, but just saying it's tough to repeat a SB run and the AFC is going to be a meat grinder.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Great graph here on all 32 teams improvement index after free agency by The Athletic

One of the first comments on that is that 12/15 teams that improved were in the AFC. It's truly bizarre how much stronger the AFC is right now than the NFC. Giving off Div 1 vs Div 2 vibes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
A lot of fans consider our playoff run "lucky." Blamed the KC loss not on our defense stepping up, but Mahomes "choking." Blamed Tennessee for running a clearly disabled Henry rather than their much more explosive Foreman and Tannehill choking. Blamed the whistle as a free tochdown against LV etc.

Nothing you can do to prove them wrong. We're just going to have to wait for the season.
Reply/Quote
The AFC Conference is tough... Even the AFC North is going to be tough. The Bengals will be going into the season with the 1st place schedule and will have to compete against the top teams in the conference.

It will not be a cake walk but if they can win the division again and make it to the playoffs healthy they have a good shot at making another run.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The AFC is loaded yet so are the Bengals.

Let them hate and fuel Joe's fire, he loves proving people wrong.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Great graph here on all 32 teams improvement index after free agency by The Athletic

That is a cool chart, but that assumes everyone has the same starting point, which just isn’t true.
Reply/Quote
I did just hear Bart Scott this morning on ESPN have the Bengals as the #1 team in the AFC currently. He pointed out that the 3 oline upgrades in defending that. But in regards to others out there, the disrespect is real.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Here are some things of those out there that don't think much of the Bengals aren't considering:

- no key losses on the roster or coaching staff
- massive upgrades to the o-line (worst unit on team for years)
- Joe B. gets a normal off-season to prepare unlike last year, and will even be more healthy going into season
- Joe B. will be entering his 3rd season, meaning he is still growing and getting better
- the roster will improve overall going forward as there are no great needs to fill immediately
- the experience and confidence gained by winning three straight playoff games, two of which on the road against the top two AFC teams at the time cannot be overstated.
- the experience of playing in the Super Bowl with a chance to win at end of game is for such a young team is massive.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: One of the first comments on that is that 12/15 teams that improved were in the AFC. It's truly bizarre how much stronger the AFC is right now than the NFC. Giving off Div 1 vs Div 2 vibes.

I’m not so sure that Cincy’s surprise ascension hasn’t sparked some jealously amongst the other teams. It’s like they all have hope now because of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I saw something on ESPN that ranked the best QB/wr duos in the NFL. They had Cooper/Watson ABOVE Burrow/Chase. are you freaking kidding me? What a joke. Dude hasn't played in a year. Won one playoff game vs burrows resume. And most importantly they have NEVER even played together! What a joke
Reply/Quote
It's a great spot to be in. Sure we hate not seeing the teams get love as fans, but let them sleep again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So what's up with all the hate from the media, fans of other teams, etc?

who cares what they say?  why get worked up over someone elses opinion cause it doesnt match our own
Reply/Quote

NFC is so bad.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Our team is hungry so great let the media crap on them and give them one more reason to be great in 2022.

I love the talking heads, rarely are they correct and when they are wrong, never admit it. Ninja
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: NFC is so bad.

First, it is only day 6 of FA and draft is over a month away. Next I would say Rams, TB and GB will all be every good teams and have a shot to win it all.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:57 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: I saw something on ESPN that ranked the best QB/wr duos in the NFL. They had Cooper/Watson ABOVE Burrow/Chase. are you freaking kidding me? What a joke. Dude hasn't played in a year. Won one playoff game vs burrows resume. And most importantly they have NEVER even played together! What a joke

Is this after Watson serves his 10+ game suspension???????????????

It's coming, even the Brown's fans are not happy about Watson's character. He may be 100% innocent, but 22 women say he sexually abused them in some way. NFL can't look the other way. Houston chose to pay him and sit him in 2021, so NFL has yet to weigh in and I think the hammer will come down on him in 2022.

Reply/Quote