Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***(Divisional) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Titans***
(01-22-2022, 10:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Next year*, league is dead. They will have to make a 2nd league for those that don't want to face Burrow with a line.

Yes. If we attack the oline like we should and hit on a couple of guys. This is gonna be a very tough offense to stop and a beautiful thing to watch.
Reply/Quote
Pull a reverse Carolina Panthers and draft all offensive linemen next year and we'll be the next New England Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:01 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I wonder how much crap you were spewing during the game?

I have you on ignore but click to read, to laugh. Just so you know, you are hilarious in your own little way. You and PhliHos probably hanging out together watching lol
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:27 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yes. If we attack the oline like we should and hit on a couple of guys. This is gonna be a very tough offense to stop and a beautiful thing to watch.

We should recruit some players in the division to come play for a winner, because they have no chance for the next 10 years otherwise. I say we start with CLE because they have to waste their energy playing with baker.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:14 PM)edindetroit Wrote: Thanks for the welcome.
I have confidence that Dan Campbell is going to do just that if not next year then in year 3. 

When the game ended someone on the next street started lightning off fireworks. I'm wondering if they are fans. Next time I'll go out on the porch and start yelling who dey and see if I can fire them up. 

Yeah Detroit is really heading in the right direction and that last piece will be a QB although I'm kind of high on Goff just not sure he's the guy. Also St. Brown basically won my fantasy championship for me. He's a special player. Also want to brag that I drafted him I thought he showed some flashes in the preseason. Just took him most of the year to get acclimated.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We should recruit some players in the division to come play for a winner, because they have no chance for the next 10 years otherwise. I say we start with CLE because they have to waste their energy playing with baker.

I mean getting a guy from Cleveland isn't a bad idea they have backups that are solid players. They don't have to pay Baker this year do they? I could see him giving them a discount to stay.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We should recruit some players in the division to come play for a winner, because they have no chance for the next 10 years otherwise. I say we start with CLE because they have to waste their energy playing with baker.

Also I was just thinking we gave Lou money and look what he did. Now we need give Pollack some $$$ and see what he can come up with.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:15 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Todd Downing hasn't done him favors either. Last years Tannehill vs this year shows OC took a big hit. Much like our defense. When we hired Jim Schwartz our defense turned it around this year. Downing has to go either way. 

I wish Foreman got more carries though. I felt he was a better fit to run that Henry 2nd half. 

Henry hadn't carried the ball in quite some time, and yet they went 6-3 in his absence because Foreman is more than capable to carry the load.

When he came into the game the first time I literally said "shit" when the announcers pointed it out.  He then ripped off a 54 yard run.

The dude is a hell of a back, who is in both game shape and, more importantly, up to game speed and timing.

Had they rolled with him as the primary back, with Henry coming in for short yardage and to spell him, I think the outcome might very well have been different.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:35 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I mean getting a guy from Cleveland isn't a bad idea they have backups that are solid players. They don't have to pay Baker this year do they? I could see him giving them a discount to stay.

I hope CLE pays him 100 million+. Cement their place lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Henry hadn't carried the ball in quite some time, and yet they went 6-3 in his absence because Foreman is more than capable to carry the load.

When he came into the game the first time I literally said "shit" when the announcers pointed it out.  He then ripped off a 54 yard run.

The dude is a hell of a back, who is in both game shape and, more importantly, up to game speed and timing.

Had they rolled with him as the primary back, with Henry coming in for short yardage and to spell him, I think the outcome might very well have been different.

We sealed the game when Derrick pulled a Mixon (hesi before the line) on 4th and 1. Lol. My friend texted me "MIXON" that was auto corrected from "WILSON", because I think logan made the tackle. It was a good Freudian slip.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We sealed the game when Derrick pulled a Mixon (hesi before the line) on 4th and 1. Lol. My friend texted me "MIXON" that was auto corrected from "WILSON", because I think logan made the tackle. It was a good Freudian slip.

So which of those two turn's you on?

Pervert
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Henry hadn't carried the ball in quite some time, and yet they went 6-3 in his absence because Foreman is more than capable to carry the load.

That's why Titans fans hate Downing. He doesn't know how to call a game. 
[Image: sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:01 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: That's why Titans fans hate Downing. He doesn't know how to call a game. 

It's kind of tough though. Foreman could have well done better if the number of carries were reversed but it's all everyone talked about, Henry coming back. I felt pretty good about it and even would have, had he never been injured. The Bengals are a pretty good run stuffing team on the whole. They've shut down a lot of good RBs this year. 

They were kind of in a no-win situation and i'm sure they expected him to be more productive than he was. Add to that, 'win or go home' you have to try him because of his history. 

Hindsight is always a sketchy *****.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:33 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah Detroit is really heading in the right direction and that last piece will be a QB although I'm kind of high on Goff just not sure he's the guy. Also St. Brown basically won my fantasy championship for me. He's a special player. Also want to brag that I drafted him I thought he showed some flashes in the preseason. Just took him most of the year to get acclimated.

I'm okay with Goff. He really turned it around after Campbell took over play calling from the OC. Get a decent WR in the draft and one more from free agency and the offense will be in great shape. 
Reply/Quote
Check it

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's kind of tough though. Foreman could have well done better if the number of carries were reversed but it's all everyone talked about, Henry coming back. I felt pretty good about it and even would have, had he never been injured. The Bengals are a pretty good run stuffing team on the whole. They've shut down a lot of good RBs this year. 

They were kind of in a no-win situation and i'm sure they expected him to be more productive than he was. Add to that, 'win or go home' you have to try him because of his history. 

Hindsight is always a sketchy *****.

It can be for sure. He was a main concern I had coming into this game. It's when we get a big play his very next series of play calls are questionable. Mike Hilton made a hell of a play on that pick, truly a take away. You should run there after Foreman broke it for 40 something. Continue the momentum and we didn't. 

That's not to take credit away from your defense, they played a hell of a game. Took advantage of our bad plays when it mattered most.

But, props to Burrow yo, he's a dawg. Took a beating and he continued to make plays. He should be MVP. The Packers just choked. Can't be Arod. 

You get Burrow at least a decent oline with that trio of WRs and Mixon!? Your TE has made plays too, you guys are set to be a problem for awhile. 
[Image: sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:00 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: ...You get Burrow at least a decent oline with that trio of WRs and Mixon!? Your TE has made plays too, you guys are set to be a problem for awhile...

That's the thing with this offense, every media outlet will talk about how great the Bengals offense is and the weapons the team has, all of which is true. You would think the Bengals would have one of the top 3 offenses in the NFL but then you look at the stats, thats not the case.  The Bengals have one huge weakness and its the Offensive line.  This team would be almost unstoppable with a good O-line.  Its crazy when you see the team winning all these games with one of the worst O-lines in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I have you on ignore but click to read, to laugh. Just so you know, you are hilarious in your own little way. You and PhliHos probably hanging out together watching lol

Still spewing crap

Reply/Quote
Who Dey !!!

What a game, had to relax some time before going to sleep. Excellent Defense and a kicker that may be as game changing like Burrow will be. Still anyone doubting his draft?

Anyone of you guys a bit oversized and can play O-Line? They were ridicolous.

Eventhough my "plan" was Brady passing the torch to Burrow in the SB, it would also be nice to beat the 49ers. Became Bengals fan in the Season we lost the SB to SF.

Still thinking I´m dreaming......
Reply/Quote
Just wanted to say how proud I am of my beloved Bengals. Been a big fan here in England since we started getting coverage on TV in the mid 1980s when Boomer was doing his thing. Had a very enjoyable evening with a few beers watching the game which finished just before 1am U.K time but was well worth it to watch the win. Let's hope that in the next game they put out a proper offensive line and not the cardboard cutouts from yesterday. Looking forward to the two games later to see who we play next. Enjoy your weekend folks and keep the faith, Cuzz, England.
Reply/Quote