Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson??
I ask this question because the other day I saw him on Mike & Mike. He said something unbelievable and I sat there wondering wait... is this the same Chad Johnson that played for the bengals? or did the head collisions really ruined his brain pattern. Did you guys see what he said about his ankle sprain remedy? It was so ridiculous that I even put a video together about it just to clown. He seriously needs to get himself checked. I am scared for this guy. Just go on youtube and google "Chad Johnson Ankle Remedy" Sad

check him out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K2loFCvNFI
Reply/Quote
Don't think a whole lot miss him. We have green and eifert.
Chad is just an after thought
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
He and the Bengals would have been better off if he had stayed, instead of going to NE. The Bengals would have benefited from a better #2 receiver for 3 more years and his numbers would have ended up more like, 13 years, 915 receptions, 13,150 and 82 touchdowns.

As far as his remedy...i take most of the stuff he says with a grain of salt. He was probably just trying to be funny.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Regardless of his remedy for sprained ankles which had to be a joke, any Bengal fan who dismisses Chad's abilities and contributions is just ignorant. The dude worked his butt off, ran crisp routes, had fantastic hands and got separation from the defender. Imagine if the Bengals had a defense those years of Chad and Rudi's prime. For the record, Marvin Jones isn't exactly the poster child of good route running.
Reply/Quote
I miss Chad. He brought a lot of excitement to the game. I have nothing but respect for him and everyone who is a Bengals fan should. He was a very good player and he was exciting to watch when there wasn't much excitement for this fan base. I miss him. I wish he would have stayed and retired a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
Are you kidding me? 4-12 many of times and all the games were still exciting because of chad.
Reply/Quote
How can you not love Chad?
Reply/Quote
It kills me how much hate there is for Chad. He was easily the best player on our 2005 and 2009 playoff teams. He was a primary reason for our return to relevance and he helped lift a few blackouts. He's shown nothing but love towards Bengals fans. I wonder if fans of other NFL teams hate on their former greats as much as our fans do? The funny thing is, Chad reminds me a lot of Brandon Phillips and while the national media is critical of him, Reds fans love that dude.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 02:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It kills me how much hate there is for Chad. He was easily the best player on our 2005 and 2009 playoff teams. He was a primary reason for our return to relevance and he helped lift a few blackouts. He's shown nothing but love towards Bengals fans. I wonder if fans of other NFL teams hate on their former greats as much as our fans do? The funny thing is, Chad reminds me a lot of Brandon Phillips and while the national media is critical of him, Reds fans love that dude.

Chad was hypercritical of the team and appeared to give up at times.
Brandon Phillips, for all his antics, plays hard every game. 

Whether or not Chad actually gave up or not...it gave the appearance of it. 

Wanna know how to get the city of Charlie Hustle to turn on you? Look like you aren't trying hard while being paid millions to play a game. 
Reply/Quote
I love Chad but I don't miss him.

Him losing his starbucks card might be my favorite moment. What an idiot lol.

I used to watch his pregame interviews and antics each week. Child Please was something I used to say on a daily basis. We would probably cry now if he bought the Steelers packages of deodorant and other hilarious products like he used to. He is a funny guy and he made the tough times a lot easier to get through.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 02:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Chad was hypercritical of the team and appeared to give up at times.
Brandon Phillips, for all his antics, plays hard every game. 

Whether or not Chad actually gave up or not...it gave the appearance of it. 

Wanna know how to get the city of Charlie Hustle to turn on you? Look like you aren't trying hard while being paid millions to play a game. 

Chad was only really critical of the team in 2008. Big whoop. That shouldn't negate a career of excellent play that helped bring this team back to relevance. If Chad was critical of the team (FO), then he's no different than most Bengals greats such as Boomer, Carson, Dillon, Pickens, etc etc etc.

When did he give up? I call BS on that. Dude put it all on the field. 

This video is hard to watch. Chad could barely string a sentence together, but he didn't miss a game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I know you love him Shake and read what I said, it was perceived he gave up on the field.
Reply/Quote
Chad did all mentioned here.

But he was the ultimate "me" guy. Not a team player regardless of his great talent and work ethic.

Not surprising Bengals got better with his departure.

Shocked nobody brought up his footwork. Had the best that I have ever seen by any NFL player not named Barry Sanders.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 03:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I know you love him Shake and read what I said, it was perceived he gave up on the field.

Look, the only thing I care about with Chad is that he helped the Bengals win on the field. 

There's no question that the Bengals were better off for having him. All the other talk is fluff.
Reply/Quote
I don't miss Chad Ochocinco, but yeah, I totally miss Chad Johnson.

Chad Johnson was an elite receiver during his prime. 6 Pro Bowls (when they meant something) and 4 All-Pros. Led the AFC in receiving yards 3 times. 5 straight years of 1,250+ yards before that became an easy thing to do. Also some of the best feet in the NFL, you know he'd get those two toe touches down before going out of bounds.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 03:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Look, the only thing I care about with Chad is that he helped the Bengals win on the field. 

There's no question that the Bengals were better off for having him. All the other talk is fluff.

Chad brought zero playoff victories to Cincinnati. 

All current players and coaches seem to be held to this standard. Why the pass for Chad ?

Chad Johnson came to a Bengals team that was 4-12, won 68 (6.8 avg per yr) games in 10 years and took the Bengals to 2 playoff appearances and zero playoff wins with what some would say one the all time greatest QB's in history firing ball to him. He went to the playoffs in 20% of the years he played here.

Replaced by rookie WR with rookie QB throwing that came to a 4-12 team as well. Have won 52 (10.4 avg per yr) games in five years, going to the playoffs in all 5 seasons. Have gone to playoffs 100% of the years. 

Loved watching Chad play but question whether he made Bengals a better team. When you showboat hard you must accept the criticism if you do not produce at days end.

Also was given the chance by New England to prove his worth on a SB caliber team and failed to deliver. Tom Brady disagrees with the love of Chad and have to give his opinion more weight. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 03:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't miss Chad Ochocinco, but yeah, I totally miss Chad Johnson.

Chad Johnson was an elite receiver during his prime. 6 Pro Bowls (when they meant something) and 4 All-Pros. Led the AFC in receiving yards 3 times. 5 straight years of 1,250+ yards before that became an easy thing to do. Also some of the best feet in the NFL, you know he'd get those two toe touches down before going out of bounds.

Had the best WR feet ever !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Before the he did not have a defense thing springs forth here are the defensive players drafted since Chad left. Do not recall any major FA either.

Robert Sands
Kerry Lindsey
Dre Kirkpatrick
Devon Still
Brandon Thompson
Shaun Williams
Margus Hunt
Darqueze Dennard
Margus Flowers
Lavell Westbrook
Phil Dawson
Josh Shaw
Derron Smith

All other players were there prior.
Also lost Jonathan Joseph and Mike Zimmer that Chad had with the exception of un-drafted Burfict.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 04:20 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Chad brought zero playoff victories to Cincinnati. 

All current players and coaches seem to be held to this standard. Why the pass for Chad ?

Chad Johnson came to a Bengals team that was 4-12, won 68 (6.8 avg per yr) games in 10 years and took the Bengals to 2 playoff appearances and zero playoff wins with what some would say one the all time greatest QB's in history firing ball to him. He went to the playoffs in 20% of the years he played here.

AJ Green and Geno Atkins have brought zero playoff victories to Cincinnati. Doesn't make them less valuable or less good.

All current QUARTERBACKS and coaches are held to that standard. Records only follow QBs, Coaches, and Owners (but really only Owners if they've been really good or really bad). I can easily find online the Bengals record when Dalton is starting. I can easily go online and find the Bengals record when Lewis has been coach. I can't easily find the record for the Bengals when Green or Atkins have started. Just how it is.

"and zero playoff wins with what some would say one of the all time greatest QBs in history".... nobody has EVER called Jon Kitna, Carson Palmer, or Ryan Fitzpatrick one of the all time greatest QBs in history. Those are the three QBs that Chad has had throw passes to him for the Bengals. Unless you're talking about the one season at the end of his career where he was clearly washed up and done, having lost a step... but still ended up in a Super Bowl and had a catch in it with Tom Brady and the Patriots.

- - - - - - - -
EDIT: I don't think you appreciate how good Chad Johnson was. He didn't do much his rookie year (why he was a second round pick instead of a top-5 or top-10 pick) but here's how he lines up against AJ Green in their first 5 seasons in the NFL.

Chad Johnson '01-'05*:
379 / 5,556 / 34

*15 total 4,000+ yard passing seasons, 0 total 5,000+ yard passing seasons in that time span.

AJ Green '11-'15*:
415 / 6,171 / 45

*53 total 4,000+ yard passing season, 6 total 5,000+ yard passing seasons in that time span.

.....and that's with Chad putting up only 28 / 329 / 1 in his rookie year. If Chad were a rookie the same year as AJ and Julio, he would be likely crushing both of them right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Chad Johnson -- great receiver, great Bengal.

Ochocinco -- Thumbs down.
Reply/Quote