Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Bengal Fans Miss Chad Johnson??
Lets be honest 08 was a low point for this franchise. 07 was the final here of the core 2005 team and we were in full rebuilding mode that offseason. We lost Landon, Madieu, Justin Smith, O'Neal, Odell finally got cut, Pollack finally retired, Henry got cut than resigned after Marvin said no more of him, and then Willie got cut. It was probably the worst offseason we  have had under Marvin Lewis at that point.  There wasn't a lot to look forward to that year and for a player who was thirty at the time that has to be a tough thing to go through.  So I don't blame Chad for being that upset about that offseason.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 03:49 AM)J24 Wrote: Lets be honest 08 was a low point for this franchise. 07 was the final here of the core 2005 team and we were in full rebuilding mode that offseason. We lost Landon, Madieu, Justin Smith, O'Neal, Odell finally got cut, Pollack finally retired, Henry got cut than resigned after Marvin said no more of him, and then Willie got cut. It was probably the worst offseason we  have had under Marvin Lewis at that point.  There wasn't a lot to look forward to that year and for a player who was thirty at the time that has to be a tough thing to go through.  So I don't blame Chad for being that upset about that offseason.

Point made. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 09:53 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Don't think a whole lot miss him. We have green and eifert.
Chad is just an after thought

I don't think he's referring to Chad as a player, but more as an ambassador for our team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 10:25 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't think he's referring to Chad as a player, but more as an ambassador for our team.

So... we can't miss him as an ex-player?

Bengals fans are a tough crowd.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 10:25 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't think he's referring to Chad as a player, but more as an ambassador for our team.

I'm already excusing Dalton/Green/Eifert etc. for any neurological damage they suffer trying to gild this franchise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 01:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So... we can't miss him as an ex-player?

Bengals fans are a tough crowd.

What are you trying to say? He is an ex player, missing him in any aspect is all in one in the same.  
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 03:46 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: What are you trying to say? He is an ex player, missing him in any aspect is all in one in the same.  

Basically I would have no problem with him being a historical member involved with the team. 

Just like Munoz or other great ex-players.

This isn't aimed at you.  I'm only replying to what you thought the OP was trying to say.

That some of the fan base don't care for ex-players. 

It's the "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately?" attitude that gets me with some fans.

Chad is not the only one who gets no love.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 08:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Basically I would have no problem with him being a historical member involved with the team. 

Just like Munoz or other great ex-players.

This isn't aimed at you.  I'm only replying to what you thought the OP was trying to say.

That some of the fan base don't care for ex-players. 

It's the "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately?" attitude that gets me with some fans.

Chad is not the only one who gets no love.

That same attitude I hate about players. When players question their team managers and think they deserve everything the way they expect it... A good example would be Kobe Bryant and the Lakers... they moved shaq... Kept kobe and everytime he had a problem they would move players around to accommodate his needs. I am a fan of the Lakers but just not a fan of the attitude. It's all gone now. 
Reply/Quote
Chad gets all kinds of love from 90% of the fans.

But some can not take that a few disagree.

Do not hate those who love Ocho or Carson. Yet the supporters of each sure hate on those who do not.

Everybody has their own taste and standards.

If not life and message boards sure would be boring.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 02:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Chad gets all kinds of love from 90% of the fans.

Do not hate those who love Ocho or Carson. Yet the supporters of each sure hate on those who do not.

If everyone came here just to state their opinion without any debate/discussion, the message boards sure would be boring. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If everyone came here just to state their opinion without any debate/discussion, the message boards sure would be boring. 

Have given plenty of debate in this thread and in the exact same one year after year. 

This horse has not only been beaten to death. But this horse has been turned into glue and part of a 1st graders collage long ago. 

Regurgitation at its finest. Took the bait so am as much to blame as anybody. But we all knew everyone's stance on this before they were posted. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If everyone came here just to state their opinion without any debate/discussion, the message boards sure would be boring. 

True indeed. It's nice to hear everyone's opinion regarding a specific issue. Those opinions eventually lead to solutions that resolve a problem. However, in this case it's meant to help understand what everyone thinks and feels of Chad now a days compare to who he was or is in the past. It seems the opinions haven't changed at all. We still have mixed feelings about him. 

Anyways. Opinions are like A HOLES... everyone's got one!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 02:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Chad gets all kinds of love from 90% of the fans.

I'd challenge that percentage a bit. I would agree a majority of people have love for Chad. I do. However, I believe a significant percentage of those people also have a caveat or two for that love. They loved Johnson but not Ocho Cinco. They loved him until he tried to get traded. They loved his play but not his antics.... I don't think most people have this pure love of the guy.

I think Chad was a big kid on a playground, with all of the charms and challenges that came with it.
Reply/Quote
As much as I've questioned Chad's intelligence and sanity...  I never felt that way about how he loved the city of Cincinnati and it's fans.

Now some can say he slacked off and lost work ethic by being disgruntled with the ownership which may be true.

However he still to this day loves the people and the good memories of playing for us.

Unlike Corey Dillon, Carl Pickens, Rudi Johnson, etc.

Where are these guys?

Do they really still hate the team/fans that much?

At least TJ wishes things went differently.

It sure would be nice to see players from the last decade or so be involved with the team publicly.

Not just the same guys from the 80s even if they are great.

Chad didn't get us to the promised land but it sure was a helluva ride...

I miss the guy and TJ too just like I'm gonna miss Burfict's good and bad when his day comes.
Reply/Quote