Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do The Bengals Finally Do The Right Thing?
We know Marvin won't be fired at any point prior to the completion of the season.

But Teryl Austin has to be fired tonight, or tomorrow at the latest. This is not "making a change just for sake of making a change" nonsense, this is something that must be done. Have a serious meeting tonight about the particulars and announce the termination tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Continuing to employ a coach so blatantly incompetent at performing the duties he is assigned is an atrocity.

But again, this is the Cincinnati Bengals we are talking about. But man, a change must be made, and tonight.
Reply/Quote
Were you able to type that subject line without laughing? If so, you’re a better man than I.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:18 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Were you able to type that subject line without laughing?  If so, you’re a better man than I.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol, the beer helps.
Reply/Quote
Im sure we will hear
we have to tackle better
make sure we are doing our job
Marvin has quotes but no answers
Reply/Quote
No.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is supposed to be a defensive coach that’s why we hired him. If Marvin was actually good at coaching and had any confidence in himself he would fire Austin and call the defense himself. However it could prove difficult to hold a defensive play sheet and clap at the same time. He probably has to watch the tape to see what happend tho because he’s clueless during the actual game. If Flacco is out next week I guarantee that Lamar Jackson will run all over us.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:16 PM)JumboTron Wrote: We know Marvin won't be fired at any point prior to the completion of the season.

But Teryl Austin has to be fired tonight, or tomorrow at the latest.  This is not "making a change just for sake of making a change" nonsense, this is something that must be done.  Have a serious meeting tonight about the particulars and announce the termination tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Continuing to employ a coach so blatantly incompetent at performing the duties is an atrocity.

But again, this is the Cincinnati Bengals we are talking about.  But man, a change must be made, and tonight.

The FO is to blame for the players they gave Austin. Is he responsible when the D-line can't put any pressure at all on the opposing QB. Atkins and Dunlap got paid and don't care if the get any sacks at all. The back seven have no chance if the QB has all day. In Mike Browns defense he spent the money but is getting nothing in return.
Reply/Quote
No doubt that Austin needs replaced immediately, and that would obviously mean Haslett as new DC.
Reply/Quote
Based off media and fan reaction it would be easier just to fire Austin and use him as a scape goat. In reality though the Defense has been under man while also playing elite offenses. However the offense has been just as bad except for the first half of the Bucs games while playing shitty Defenses. Yet haven't been called out at all. I am sorry even if this defense held the Saints in check we wouldn't have been close.

The major problem is with roster building; since 2015! We haven't really replaced any of the players we lost since then.
Whitworth, Zeitler, Jones, Sanu, and Eifert. The only player we have replaced with better is with Boyd over Sanu the rest have been replaced with ok or crap players.

On defense we haven't done anything to improve our worst unit LB. Rey, Nickerson, and Brown are not NFL caliber players. The ones who are NFL caliber are not that great to begin with Evans is a backup who probably shouldn't play that much, Vigil is hit or miss, and Vontaz is great but he is unreliable.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I just get a really bad feeling we are going to soon be diving into another long stretch of bad seasons in a "rebuild" that takes way too long.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The FO is to blame for the players they gave Austin. Is he responsible when the D-line can't put any pressure at all on the opposing QB. Atkins and Dunlap got paid and don't care if the get any sacks at all. The back seven have no chance if the QB has all day. In Mike Browns defense he spent the money but is getting nothing in return.

Well, it's also painfully obvious that Austin's scheme just isn't working. You're right that players haven't performed all that well, but the overall scheme itself is very passive. They just need a different approach right now because nothing is working.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, it's also painfully obvious that Austin's scheme just isn't working. You're right that players haven't performed all that well, but the overall scheme itself is very passive. They just need a different approach right now because nothing is working.

Very passive and soft. On an early 3rd and 3, at the snap WJ3 was backpedaling and the receiver caught the pass for an easy first. I lost count of how many times a defender was going backwards right before a tackle, giving up more unnecessary yards. 

And they're just weak (by NFL standards) across the board. Always getting pushed back and allowing yards after contact. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Based off media and fan reaction it would be easier just to fire Austin and use him as a scape goat. In reality though the Defense has been under man while also playing elite offenses. However the offense has been just as bad except for the first half of the Bucs games while playing shitty Defenses. Yet haven't been called out at all. I am sorry even if this defense held the Saints in check we wouldn't have been close.

The major problem is with roster building; since 2015! We haven't really replaced any of the players we lost since then.
Whitworth, Zeitler, Jones, Sanu, and Eifert. The only player we have replaced with better is with Boyd over Sanu the rest have been replaced with ok or crap players.

On defense we haven't done anything to improve our worst unit LB. Rey, Nickerson, and Brown are not NFL caliber players. The ones who are NFL caliber are not that great to begin with Evans is a backup who probably shouldn't play that much, Vigil is hit or miss, and Vontaz is great but he is unreliable.

It's a combination of things for sure, but you can't change the roster mid-season, so the only hope is to change the position coach - who's own scheme has been problematic as well - in hopes that a different style / approach will make some sort of difference. You either try that or watch this defense set NFL records for ineptitude.
Reply/Quote
I mean...yea.

If he were fired yesterday, then maybe we only give up 50 points today.
Reply/Quote
Bill Belichick lost today to the Titans

I guess ya'll are saying Belichick and Josh McDaniels are bad coachs, just like Marvin and Austin
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's a combination of things for sure, but you can't change the roster mid-season, so the only hope is to change the position coach in hopes that a different style / approach will make some sort of difference. You either try that or watch this defense set NFL records for ineptitude.

Serious question though in the coming weeks we will get back Vontaz, Vigil, and Dennard. Those three guys should give the Defense a major boost and there really is only two dangerous offensive teams left on the schedule with the Chargers and Steelers.  The Defense could theoretically turn it around.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:51 PM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: Bill Belichick lost today to the Titans

I guess ya'll are saying Belichick and Josh McDaniels are bad coachs, just like Marvin and Austin

Oh, hey, Teryl. I'm glad you finally joined the message boards.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:51 PM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: Bill Belichick lost today to the Titans

I think you forgot the  Ninja.
Reply/Quote

Every team has a game like this where they lose unexpectedly. Bill Belichick has less of these games than anyone maybe ever.

Marvin Lewis, conversely, loses games like this several times a year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Serious question though in the coming weeks we will get back Vontaz, Vigil, and Dennard. Those three guys should give the Defense a major boost and there really is only two dangerous offensive teams left on the schedule with the Chargers and Steelers.  The Defense could theoretically turn it around.

I certainly hope so brother, because this is getting painful to watch.  Mellow
Reply/Quote