Poll: Do You Want Zac Taylor to Return for Year 3?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please)
(12-01-2020, 02:11 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: For sure, but I don't know if he does that. Seems like he likes "his guys", and I am not sure who he would target for his vet? Fitz? Brisset? Looking at the 2021 FA tracker don't see a lot of "good" options available. 

They need a guy who can scramble to allow time for receivers to get open.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted a hard no. He is inept and arrogant. Bad combo if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
I voted no. But being a bengals fan for so long have to find the silver lining. At least he has already improved his record over last year. If we keep this up in about 6 years or so we will be 8 and 8. Then we are rocking and rolling. Who day in Mike and Zack we trust. We have to no other choice.
Reply/Quote
This is probably the most lopsided poll I’ve ever seen on here. And rightly so.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 02:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is probably the most lopsided poll I’ve ever seen on here. And rightly so.

Zac monitoring the poll results:

[Image: 13410531.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 04:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Zac monitoring the poll results:

Zac when he reads Sled's thread and his posts:

[Image: faf6c243-083f-4937-b611-9e6efcee5241-092...lls_04.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Most Super Bowl winners have GREAT coaches... the ones who know how to move the "chess pieces" usually wins most of the time.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 04:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Zac when he reads Sled's thread and his posts:

[Image: faf6c243-083f-4937-b611-9e6efcee5241-092...lls_04.jpg]

I've said from day 1 I would give any coach 3 years, and that I think he will turn into a great coach. He has another year....
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 04:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Zac monitoring the poll results:

STOP THE COUNT
Reply/Quote
Yes. I want him back year 3.

The only way I’d let him go is if the bengals were able
To kiss and make up with Lewis.

Lewis added a respectability factor to the Bengals that everyone overlooked, so firing Taylor would
Likely just bring in another Taylor.

Instead of subjecting players to a new scheme, I’d stick with the older
loser instead of a new one.”
Reply/Quote
"If you believe in the way that you're approaching things and what your mission is it shouldn't change based on wins and losses." - Zac Taylor
Reply/Quote
I never thought the bengals would make miss giggles
Mcstoic clap in one in a half seasons.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 05:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've said from day 1 I would give any coach 3 years, and that I think he will turn into a great coach. He has another year....

Good thing the following teams didn't follow your plan of at least 3 years for any coach:

Seattle - Fired Jim Mora after 1 season.  Would have never had Pete Carroll.

Kansas City - Fired Romeo Crennel after 1.5 seasons.  Would have never had Andy Reid.

49'ers - Fired Jim Tomusula after 1 season.  Would have never had Kyle Shannahan.

Bills - Fired Rex Ryan after 2 seasons.  Would have never had Sean McDermott.

Cardinals - Fired Steve Wilks after 1 season.  Would have never had Kliff Kingsbury.

Titans - Fired Mike Mularkey after 2 seasons.  Would haver never had Mike Vrabel.

Broncos - Fired Josh McDaniels after 1.75 seasons.  Would have never had John Fox.

Packers - Fired Ray Rhoades after 1 season.  Would have never had Mike Sherman.

Browns - Fired Freddie Kitchens after 1 season.  Would have never had Kevin Stefanski.

Fwiw, these are just recent examples I thought of.  I did this in about 5-10 minutes.  I'm sure if I took the timeI could find dozens more of examples.

PS Every single one of these coaches that got replaced had a higher winning percentage than Zac Taylor currently does.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 06:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: "If you believe in the way that you're approaching things and what your mission is it shouldn't change based on wins and losses." - Zac Taylor

I'd like to hear his version of what an NFL HC's mission is.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 05:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've said from day 1 I would give any coach 3 years, and that I think he will turn into a great coach. He has another year....

If Taylor is given a 3rd year, what's the minimum number of wins he has to get to stay in your opinion?

My number is 8.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 07:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Taylor is given a 3rd year, what's the minimum number of wins he has to get to stay in your opinion?

My number is 8.

If he gets 8 wins in year 3, aren't we most likely looking at him requiring 5 years to get the team to produce in the post-season?  What are the odds he goes 8-8 next year and then goes playoffs the following year?  Hell, what are the odds he could go 8-8 next year at all.  If he's back next year, he better get them to 9-7.  He needs to top .500 in my opinion to show any sign of real progress.  
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 06:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Good thing the following teams didn't follow your plan of at least 3 years for any coach:

Seattle - Fired Jim Mora after 1 season.  Would have never had Pete Carroll.

Kansas City - Fired Romeo Crennel after 1.5 seasons.  Would have never had Andy Reid.

49'ers - Fired Jim Tomusula after 1 season.  Would have never had Kyle Shannahan.

Bills - Fired Rex Ryan after 2 seasons.  Would have never had Sean McDermott.

Cardinals - Fired Steve Wilks after 1 season.  Would have never had Kliff Kingsbury.

Titans - Fired Mike Mularkey after 2 seasons.  Would haver never had Mike Vrabel.

Broncos - Fired Josh McDaniels after 1.75 seasons.  Would have never had John Fox.

Packers - Fired Ray Rhoades after 1 season.  Would have never had Mike Sherman.

Browns - Fired Freddie Kitchens after 1 season.  Would have never had Kevin Stefanski.

Fwiw, these are just recent examples I thought of.  I did this in about 5-10 minutes.  I'm sure if I took the timeI could find dozens more of examples.

PS Every single one of these coaches that got replaced had a higher winning percentage than Zac Taylor currently does.

Sometimes it pays to be decisive.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Marvin had more years his final season than Taylor has had in 2 years.
Even if you want to argue that the players were worse in Marvin's final year, he had better coaches/scheme that allowed for them to better succeed than this staff currently has.

and where was that scheme getting us? to .500? 0 and done in the playoffs??
It was good but not good enough. 

And with those lovely final drafts we had under Marvin, it was a good a time as any to throw out the baby and the bath water and start fresh, and that's what's happening, over the course of the next 2 more years, there will probably not be hardly anyone left on the team that was here prior to last year.
Reply/Quote

Please explain what he has done that makes you think he will be a great coach? Riding the Mcvey train? His impressive year as OC at UC?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: and where was that scheme getting us? to .500? 0 and done in the playoffs??
It was good but not good enough. 

And with those lovely final drafts we had under Marvin, it was a good a time as any to throw out the baby and the bath water and start fresh, and that's what's happening, over the course of the next 2 more years, there will probably not be hardly anyone left on the team that was here prior to last year.

Drew Sample second round. Traded up for Ryan Finley in the 4th... Doubt he has a job after he gets cut from cincy
Reply/Quote