Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do we play the starters next week?
Chiefs play Bronco's and we play Cleveland. We can beat Cleveland. Bronco's have a great defense. What do we do? I think we go for it for the #1 seed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Chiefs play Bronco's and we play Cleveland. We can beat Cleveland. Bronco's have a great defense. What do we do? I think we go for it for the #1 seed.

Well the Titans would also have to lose to the Texans….unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Chiefs play Bronco's and we play Cleveland. We can beat Cleveland. Bronco's have a great defense. What do we do? I think we go for it for the #1 seed.

Even if the titans lose, chiefs lose and bengals win, does that give the bengals the number 1 seed?

Not sure of the tiebreaker scenerio, obviously on the chiefs front we usurp them… but not sure about the titans.

If #1 isn’t a possibility, you rest burrow, mixon, chase, Higgins and boyd
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:44 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Even if the titans lose, chiefs lose and bengals win, does that give the bengals the number 1 seed?

Not sure of the tiebreaker scenerio

I think that would give us the answer
Reply/Quote
Last year, when two teams got a bye, possibly. Don’t know if it is possible this year. Chances of the Browns trying to murder a Bengals are much higher. Maybe, just maybe, feel the game out then decide, but the first whiff of dirty play, send the PS players in.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Ehh... the odds the Chiefs AND Titans lose seems pretty slim. Titans are going to go full blast on Week 18. They want that bye to give Henry another week to get ready to return for the playoffs.

Comes down to if you want to bet that the Titans and Cheifs both lose, and the Bengals can win AND not let Garrett and Clowney murder Burrow. I don't like that bet.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehh... the odds the Chiefs AND Titans lose seems pretty slim. Titans are going to go full blast on Week 18. They want that bye to give Henry another week to get ready to return for the playoffs.

Yea, plus I’m not sure a titans L and bengals W gives you the 1.

Also chiefs won’t lose
Reply/Quote
I want to roll into the playoffs with Burrow hot off a game where he completely curb stomps the Browns and puts up 400+ yards and 4 TDs on them.
Reply/Quote
I'd be all for sitting Burrow and the rest of the starters, let them heal up for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
#1 seed is available. Go try to get it and hope that other teams help out.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:47 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yea, plus I’m not sure a titans L and bengals W gives you the 1.

Also chiefs won’t lose

If the Titans and Chiefs both lose, and the Bengals win, yeah they get the 1 on tiebreakers. Beat the Chiefs HtH and a better Conference record than the Titans (would be 9-3 vs 7-5 in that scenario).

Just don't like the odds of that all happening vs the odds of Burrow getting hurt going against Garrett and Clowney with potentially nothing to lose for the Browns.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The pessimist in me is worried about a Joe injury but rolling into the playoffs with the full squad on song is a nice thought. See how the week plays out I guess for me.
Reply/Quote
I guess it depends if the Browns are mathematically eliminated.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If the Titans and Chiefs both lose, and the Bengals win, yeah they get the 1 on tiebreakers. Beat the Chiefs HtH and a better Conference record than the Titans (would be 9-3 vs 7-5 in that scenario).

Just don't like the odds of that all happening vs the odds of Burrow getting hurt going against Garrett and Clowney with potentially nothing to lose for the Browns.

It’s common opponents before conference record, and I think that is even. So yea I do think the bengals get in then.
Reply/Quote
Rest them. Use this as our bye. Get ready for WC weekend and our first playoff win in decades!
Reply/Quote
Have Burrow hand off to Perine the entire game.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see the Bengals Browns game get flexed to the last game of the regular seasson.
Reply/Quote
It's negligent to not try and get the one seed if it is still possible.

I could see the league moving the start times to have the Chiefs, Titans, and Bengals playing concurrently in order to prevent any team sitting starters because their fate was already determined.
Reply/Quote
I'm good with whatever Zac and the staff decide. Maybe Burrow needs a rest after that last hit?
Reply/Quote
Play the starters enough to keep them warmed up then rotate players out.
Reply/Quote