Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we take a RB in 2017?
Do we take a RB in the first round next season if Jeremy Hill/Gio don't do well this year?

Some RBs that could go in first next year:

Christian McAffrey
Leonard Fournette
Dalvin Cook
Nick Chubb

Arguably the best runningback class of the decade?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 07:02 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Do we take a RB in the first round next season if Jeremy Hill/Gio don't do well this year?

Some RBs that could go in first next year:

Christian McAffrey
Leonard Fournette
Dalvin Cook
Nick Chubb

Arguably the best runningback class of the decade?

That is a good class, but I don't think it's worth dropping a first rounder on a RB. I think two RBs max go in the first round in 2017.

With that said, Bernard, Peerman, and Burkhead all hit FA in 2017, so I could see a RB in the second or third round if Bernard were to leave. More than likely though, Bernard will stay and we're just focusing on a late round RB to replace the depth and ST. Perhaps a trade-up in the second round for one of the remaining stud RBs above won't be out of the question since the Bengals are expected to have double digit picks thanks to projected comp picks.

I hope (expect even) that the first round is reserved for someone in the trenches. DE is probably the biggest need. C/OG depending on if Zeitler leaves in FA and/or Bodine continues to struggle.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Fournette.. I kind of like James Conner from Pitt too. We need a stud RB. Hill isn't the guy.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That is a good class, but I don't think it's worth dropping a first rounder on a RB. I think two RBs max go in the first round in 2017.

With that said, Bernard, Peerman, and Burkhead all hit FA in 2017, so I could see a RB in the second or third round if Bernard were to leave. More than likely though, Bernard will stay and we're just focusing on a late round RB to replace the depth and ST. Perhaps a trade-up in the second round for one of the remaining stud RBs above won't be out of the question since the Bengals are expected to have double digit picks thanks to projected comp picks.

I hope (expect even) that the first round is reserved for someone in the trenches. DE is probably the biggest need. C/OG depending on if Zeitler leaves in FA and/or Bodine continues to struggle.

Bernard is signed through 2019. Hill is the one who's contract will be up after next year.

Agree on not spending on a RB. Any RB would struggle to run behind this line right now. Have to strengthen the trenches before putting anyone behind it to run.
Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with our RB's its the turnstiles in front of them. I cant believe this Oline is made of 1st round picks !!!!
Reply/Quote
Until the line gets fixed, you could have an SUV running back there it would still get jammed at the line.

I am PRAYING that this is the year that we finally draft a legit center. If you want to make the QBs and RBs lives easier, you have to have a stud in the middle of the line. Way too much pressure this year on both Dalton and the RBs up the middle.
Reply/Quote
A new RB won't do anything when the OL creates no running lanes. At this rate, I'd keep Gio so Andy constantly has a legit checkdown option.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
True that the others are possible first rounders but Fournette is the elite one.
Reply/Quote
Highly doubt that the Bengals take a RB in the 1st round. In fact, nothing at all wrong with our current RBs, it's the OL that is in shambles. Think about it.. Bodine sucks, Ogbuehi is a "work in progress", Fisher is not panning out, Whit is showing his age, Zeitler I'm betting is looking to get the heck out of here..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:04 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Bernard is signed through 2019. Hill is the one who's contract will be up after next year.

Agree on not spending on a RB. Any RB would struggle to run behind this line right now. Have to strengthen the trenches before putting anyone behind it to run.

I know that, but when I posted what you quoted me, none of the RBs had signed any extensions.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I know that, but when I posted what you quoted me, none of the RBs had signed any extensions.

I'm an idiot. Never even noticed the date. Sorry about that.
Reply/Quote
We're good at RB. We just need to open them a lane.

That said... who doesn't want to hear Chubb's plays called?

"Chubb's got a few more inches."
"Chubb's in! Chubb's in!
"They can't handle Chubb!"

Or given the Steelers' holding problems...
"Tuitt's got a handful of Chubb."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 06:24 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Nothing wrong with our RB's its the turnstiles in front of them. I cant believe this Oline is made of 1st round picks !!!!

Except it's not.

2nd - 4th - 4th - 1st - 1st

Also, most OTs don't play well their first 2-3 years. Ogbuehi was hurt most of last year and is only into his second year.

I'd like to see a C/G taken within the first two rounds personally. DE for the other pick.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 03:46 PM)Benton Wrote: We're good at RB. We just need to open them a lane.

That said... who doesn't want to hear Chubb's plays called?

"Chubb's got a few more inches."
"Chubb's in! Chubb's in!
"They can't handle Chubb!"

Or given the Steelers' holding problems...
"Tuitt's got a handful of Chubb."

"Well Jim...  Bingal's Chubb really busted the seam and squirted out of the pocket!   That was HUGE!!"

[Image: Jim%20Nantz%20-%20NFL%20on%20CBS%20Comme...%20(9).jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 09:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Well Jim...  Bingal's Chubb really busted the seam and squirted out of the pocket!   That was HUGE!!"

[Image: Jim%20Nantz%20-%20NFL%20on%20CBS%20Comme...%20(9).jpg]
This is one of the greatest posts I've ever seen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
we need to take two
Reply/Quote
No. You get a new offensive line coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 08:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: we need to take two

O-lineman?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:46 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: O-lineman?

We need 3-4 of them. 
Reply/Quote
O-line draft sucks Cam Robinson only worth a first round and that's even questionable for him.
Reply/Quote