Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you feel we "settled" for Price?
Here is a quote from one of the scouting reports on Price:

"The sources also like that Price handles big nose tackles well, which can be difficult for centers and is a hard-to-find talent."

No way we reached. Before he got hurt he was widely considered the #1 C but I think some people like me expected him to slide since he had surgery. But it doesnt sound like his injury is serious at all. I was hoping for Ragnow, but sheeeet, Price is all-in-all about the same and could even be better. Plus he's local to OH and I think its really cool that we are stocking up on locals. It just makes winning that more sweet.....
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:13 AM)Deacon Wrote: Can we collectively move on from the "but Price was injured" narrative yet? Fine, he was dinged, but was cleared before the draft. For the people that preferred Ragnow, are they conveniently forgetting he is just coming off an injury as well?
Stoked for the Price pick, tired of hearing the same old work and dread in a year where the front office actually has their collective heads removed from lower rear-facing orifices.

Edit: too early to spell gud

Looky there, a voice of reason in a forest of nonsense.....
Reply/Quote
love the pick
Reply/Quote
Although we will never know from everything I have seen I believe Price was going to be the guy as long as he was there. So no, I don't feel like they "settled".
Reply/Quote
I don’t think we settled. If Ragnow was our guy then the Lions probably did us a favor. Love the Price pick. As for the video, I really think Marvin knew who the Lions chose before “the pick is in” flashed on the screen. Think about it. You wouldn’t call a guy and say congrats and then the Lions come out with Price.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 10:19 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Although we will never know from everything I have seen I believe Price was going to be the guy as long as he was there. So no, I don't feel like they "settled".

Never tell me we draft BPA ever again.  No way is Price the BPA.  Given his injury he would have been there in the 2nd.  He's good but I see him fall down and whiff on too much game tape while trying to move.  He is no where near as mobile as Daniels in the zone schemes, and Daniels had way more upside.  I mean after 55 games we are already seeing the wear and tear on Price.   He might be better than Bodine.  Maybe.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:13 AM)Deacon Wrote: Can we collectively move on from the "but Price was injured" narrative yet? Fine, he was dinged, but was cleared before the draft. For the people that preferred Ragnow, are they conveniently forgetting he is just coming off an injury as well?
Stoked for the Price pick, tired of hearing the same old work and dread in a year where the front office actually has their collective heads removed from lower rear-facing orifices.

Edit: too early to spell gud

Thank you

Reply/Quote
Like i've said in other threads price was being mocked to us at 12(before the injury), so to get him and glenn with that pick is wild. I also heard somewhere that we had Ragnow rated 10 and Price 9.9 both players will probably end up being very good in this league for years to come, this isn't like we were pick #2 and Andrew Luck went right before us and we had to settle for RG3, they are centers as long as price ends up being good why does it freaking matter if we "settled"
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 10:54 AM)yang Wrote: Never tell me we draft BPA ever again.  No way is Price the BPA.  Given his injury he would have been there in the 2nd.  He's good but I see him fall down and whiff on too much game tape while trying to move.  He is no where near as mobile as Daniels in the zone schemes, and Daniels had way more upside.  I mean after 55 games we are already seeing the wear and tear on Price.   He might be better than Bodine.  Maybe.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 07:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, Daniel Jermiah of NFL.com doesn't think we "settled" by any stretch:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/27/5-things-to-know-about-bengals-first-round-center-billy-price/amp/

That whole piece on Price has me fired up. I know he couldn't say that before the draft but if I would have known all that , I would have rather had him over Ragnow anyway. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 05:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well there are no Preordained picks unless you got the 1st overall lol. 

Maybe the let lap tell everyone we wanted Ragnow to make sure price was still there.

You can never know.

Price sounds like who they wanted all along. But they would come out and Say well that other guy was gone so we took him...  *giggle*

Price seems like he impressed them the most...  I think some of us jumped to wanting Ragnow just because he was a late riser in the draft process with price having injury we expected him to possibly fall to 2.

But then the doctor cleared price like 1 day ahead of the draft...   

But I will say NO...  (as we got Price and Glenn)   which trumps Ragnow anyday.

Video had them talking to price before Detriots pick was in.
Well......I'd watched Ohio St, so saw Price a lot, very impressed. Never saw Ragenow, though  his Highlight clips did look good. Whatever.....either way we upgraded.  You can't always tell  what the future brings.  You go off what data,observation you have.
Reply/Quote
This is a Bob Barker pick: The Price is Right.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 10:54 AM)yang Wrote: Never tell me we draft BPA ever again.  No way is Price the BPA.  Given his injury he would have been there in the 2nd.  He's good but I see him fall down and whiff on too much game tape while trying to move.  He is no where near as mobile as Daniels in the zone schemes, and Daniels had way more upside.  I mean after 55 games we are already seeing the wear and tear on Price.   He might be better than Bodine.  Maybe.

Seriously? You do know Daniels also went prior to our 2nd round pick at 46 also, os likely if we waited we missed out on all 3 potentially now good, but great centers. What wear and tear? He has been an iron man and like many pros hurt himself lifting weights, a minor injury that was fixed and he will be ready to go full pads by July at the latest according to the worst scenario reported.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 05:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: Many ppl seem to feel like we had to settle for Price since Ragnow got picked ahead of us. And many hold Lapham in such high regard that they are sure Ragnow was our pre-ordained pick. But let me pose a hypothetical:

If Ragnow and Price were both still available when we picked at 21, and we took  Price, would you still have the same reservations?

In other words, how do we know they didnt favor Price all along anyway? Maybe they indeed got who they really wanted.

Absolutely not.  Without reading the other comments, I see Ragnow as a better pass blocker and Price as a better run blocker.  That is why I wanted Ragnow over Price for our team.  However, people should look at the analysis of Price from the scouting sources that have been around for a while.  They had him as one of the highest rated centers in the past 12 years, with the other three turning in to Pro Bowlers.  

What I like best about Price is his serious case of the red ass.  How many times have we seen a team come out flat and been like:  "SOMEONE EAT SOME ASSES!!!"  Zimmer would and his guys would respond.  I want Billy Price to knock the ever loving shit out of some steelers and then sit on their face and give them the Rikishi.  

Price will be a leader from day 1.  Guys like that succeed.  I am glad he's a Bengal.  
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely not.  Without reading the other comments, I see Ragnow as a better pass blocker and Price as a better run blocker.  That is why I wanted Ragnow over Price for our team.  However, people should look at the analysis of Price from the scouting sources that have been around for a while.  They had him as one of the highest rated centers in the past 12 years, with the other three turning in to Pro Bowlers.  

What I like best about Price is his serious case of the red ass.  How many times have we seen a team come out flat and been like:  "SOMEONE EAT SOME ASSES!!!"  Zimmer would and his guys would respond.  I want Billy Price to knock the ever loving shit out of some steelers and then sit on their face and give them the Rikishi.  

Price will be a leader from day 1.  Guys like that succeed.  I am glad he's a Bengal.  

LOL that motivated me.

Reply/Quote
I wanted an offensive lineman in round 1 and we got one. Im happy with it. Even the experts analysts are wrong sometimes. And these guys study a lot of film. So, we'll see in three years.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely not.  Without reading the other comments, I see Ragnow as a better pass blocker and Price as a better run blocker.  That is why I wanted Ragnow over Price for our team.  However, people should look at the analysis of Price from the scouting sources that have been around for a while.  They had him as one of the highest rated centers in the past 12 years, with the other three turning in to Pro Bowlers.  

I agree, we seem to have found a leader with a chip on his shoulder. We never can predict injuries, (DeCastro was injured and missed his rookie year), but barring anything major I am stoked. He is a huge man who loves the weight room, he will need it against the big AFCN nose tackles.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If absolutely nothing else we can call him Baby Face Billy.. 
He reminds me of my son at about the same age when he shaved his noggin and suddenly looked like a 12 year old kid in a mans body .
Funny thing about that day was the day before we'd gotten into an argument about typical kid nonsense and weren't even looking at each other much less talking so he decides to shave his head ,but couldn't reach the back of his head so he had to ask me to do. it . I almost told him to live with half a shaved head ..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 01:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: If absolutely nothing else we can call him Baby Face Billy.. 
He reminds me of my son at about the same age when he shaved his noggin and suddenly looked like a 12 year old kid in a mans body .

Billy the Kid
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 05:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: Many ppl seem to feel like we had to settle for Price since Ragnow got picked ahead of us. And many hold Lapham in such high regard that they are sure Ragnow was our pre-ordained pick. But let me pose a hypothetical:

If Ragnow and Price were both still available when we picked at 21, and we took  Price, would you still have the same reservations?

In other words, how do we know they didnt favor Price all along anyway? Maybe they indeed got who they really wanted.

I'm very happy to have Price in the 1st round. We could have waited and had the good centers all gone by the 12th pick in 2nd round. Smart to just take him and move on with draft.

Reply/Quote