Poll: Do you want ZT back if his leaving makes JB want to leave as well?
This poll is closed.
Yes
24.24%
16 24.24%
No
75.76%
50 75.76%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Do you want Zac Taylor back for year 3 if his leaving leaves JB unhappy?
This thread shows just how desperate some (a very select few) are to defend a coach with this resume. There's not a single thing they can point to, outside of ridiculous hypotheticals, that presents a reason to keep him.

Imagine a rookie QB, who is locked up for 4 more years, trying to force his way out of town because the franchise fired a coach with a 4-27-1 record. This is a coach who he has played all of 9 games under, and had had a working relationship for a total of about 6 months.

He loves this guy so much that he won't even entertain the thought of playing for someone else. Seriously?

Do some of you really believe Joe Burrow is this stupid?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow has come out multiple times in strong support for Taylor

Would love to read these actual quotes, and get their context (What was he asked that he replied to, who asked the question, did he go out of his way to bring up Zac, etc.)

Pretty sure you'll provide stuff like...

"Me and Coach Taylor have a great relationship.  He's doing really good things with the offense and putting me in a postion to succeed" - Given in a press conference.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 11:09 AM)tBengal Wrote: That’s why I voted yes. I think Burrow would be fine.

Edit: nevermind, I misread the question. I should’ve voted no.

Welcome to the club. So that's yours and mine making it more 4-11 than the 6-9 it currently shows.

Can a mod do something or is it just how it is?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I doubt very much burrow likes Taylor. How could he? Joe is all about winning. All Taylor does is lose.
Reply/Quote
Only if we brought back Lewis.

Look, Burrow kept us in games despite Zac. He can do it under Marvin, who would be a clear upgrade.
Reply/Quote
Some are giving a 2 win (in 10 games) qb far too much power.

Should we care what Joe thinks or has he earned that power should be the poll question.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Why would Burrow be upset that we fire a coach who he has personally watch get outcoached every single week, leading to a bunch of close losses early in the season. I would think he will say all the right things publicly but I doubt he would shed any tears if Zac was fired. He may not want to learn a new offense coming off the injury but hes a smart guy and I think would understand that its better for him and the team in the long run.
Reply/Quote
You guys just don't understand the concept of hypotheticals, do you?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys just don't understand the concept of hypotheticals, do you?

Hypothetically Mike Brown and his kids all wake up one day, give the team away to a real winner, flee town to some backwater in sub-Saharan Africa never to be seen or heard from ever again and the Bengals go on to win the superbowl every year for the next 20 years..  Now THAT's a hypothetical.. ThumbsUp
I will admit that it's not very likely and I would gladly crap my pants and stand on the B during half time with such a smelly mess if it did happen which is why I make the offer.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys just don't understand the concept of hypotheticals, do you?

H1: firing ZT will lead to the hiring of a HC that compels Joe Burrow to want to leave the Bengals
H0: firing ZT will NOT lead to the hiring of a HC that compels Joe Burrow to want to leave the Bengals

That's the way to outline the hypothetical here, and the issue is that we have no hard evidence to support the assertion that Joe Burrow's tenure with the Bengals is connected to ZT or that Joe Burrow even likes the guy.  There isn't any hard evidence that Burrow would want out if we moved on from ZT and we can't say that the next HC we hire wouldn't get along with Joe to the point where he'd want out of Cincy.

Maybe I'm not framing your argument correctly, but the hypothetical is rooted in a whole lotta unsubstantiated confounding variables that also rely upon assumptions that Burrow loves ZT and Burrow will hate the next HC.  I will say this has generated discussion, though.
Reply/Quote
I don't like the name Zac..It's too pretentious and Joe shouldn't like it either..  That aside..why should we care if Joe is unhappy if Taylor is canned? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I voted no but only because I don't care what JB thinks. Plus, I don't think Burrow's a big man baby who will cry, whine, pout and throw a tantrum if his coach is let go.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: H1: firing ZT will lead to the hiring of a HC that compels Joe Burrow to want to leave the Bengals
H0: firing ZT will NOT lead to the hiring of a HC that compels Joe Burrow to want to leave the Bengals

That's the way to outline the hypothetical here, and the issue is that we have no hard evidence to support the assertion that Joe Burrow's tenure with the Bengals is connected to ZT or that Joe Burrow even likes the guy.  There isn't any hard evidence that Burrow would want out if we moved on from ZT and we can't say that the next HC we hire wouldn't get along with Joe to the point where he'd want out of Cincy.

Maybe I'm not framing your argument correctly, but the hypothetical is rooted in a whole lotta unsubstantiated confounding variables that also rely upon assumptions that Burrow loves ZT and Burrow will hate the next HC.  I will say this has generated discussion, though.

Let me reframe it this way, like I said, this is hypothetical.... "IF they fire ZT and Burrow does not get along with his replacement and decides to leave after his first contract, would it still be worth it to you"
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Let me reframe it this way, like I said, this is hypothetical.... "IF they fire ZT and Burrow does not get along with his replacement and decides to leave after his first contract, would it still be worth it to you"

I guess so.  This still has too many variables to really take seriously though...plus we can say that if Burrow wants out we can trade him for multiple high picks and then draft an even better QB who wants to be here, right?  I just think it's more likely that keeping ZT will compel Burrow to want out rather than firing him will.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Let me reframe it this way, like I said, this is hypothetical.... "IF they fire ZT and Burrow does not get along with his replacement and decides to leave after his first contract, would it still be worth it to you"

His first contract has 4 years left on it.  With a franchise tag you can extend it even further.

I would venture to guess that his decision whether to re-up, or to decide to leave, will be greater influenced by what occurs in years 2, 3, 4, and 5, with each subsequent year becoming more and more important in influencing his decision.

The idea that he'll decide his fate based more on what occurred in year 1 rather than what occurs closer to leading up to his actual negotiations seems rather absurd.

Fwiw, 99% of QB take the money and security and run, if it's offered well in advance to a year 5 option, or a year 6 tag.  The idea that he would wait out all of these years, because we fired a coach who went 4-27-1 is downright laughable.
Reply/Quote
Direct quote from Taylor....

"If you believe in the way that you're approaching things and what your mission is it shouldn't change based on wins and losses," Taylor said.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Be curious to know what exactly his mission is if its not based on winning.

Actually, on second thought I don't care. I've seen enough and want him gone.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Companion poll to Wes' "Do you want ZT back for year 3" poll, with the addition of "If Taylor leaves and the new coach makes JB unhappy and he then wants out of here?"

I feel like creating a poll that asks, "Do you want Zac Taylor back for year 3 if he promises free handies for everyOne!"

Burrow will play for whoever the FO chooses to be HC. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Doesn't have to be for the same reason to have the same action. Burrow has come out multiple times in strong support for Taylor, and no matter how much he says posters will disregard it and project their own emotions onto him, and say "he's just saying that, he doesn't really believe it" I, for one, have seen enough of JB that I don't believe he is the "say the right thing" type of person, rather he tells it like he sees it. If they fire Taylor and hire someone JB doesn't bond with, he could very easily say he wants to play elsewhere. If we force his contract, that means we get him for 3 more years. I'd rather keep him happy and keep him here for the next 10....

Why would you choose that worse case scenario instead of the 'keep Taylor with shitty coaches and bad decisionmaking which will equal shitty records' worst case scenario?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
There's only 1 JB

[Image: CM_OCT15_FEATURE_Bengals2.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:13 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Direct quote from Taylor....

"If you believe in the way that you're approaching things and what your mission is it shouldn't change based on wins and losses," Taylor said.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Be curious to know what exactly his mission is if its not based on winning.

Actually, on second thought I don't care. I've seen enough and want him gone.

Jesus... Almost sounds like a Marvin Lewis quote (“almost” being the key word... not even Marvin has ever said anything so asinine) Whatever
Reply/Quote