Poll: Do you want ZT back if his leaving makes JB want to leave as well?
This poll is closed.
Yes
24.24%
16 24.24%
No
75.76%
50 75.76%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Do you want Zac Taylor back for year 3 if his leaving leaves JB unhappy?
It's obvious we all want him gone... Joe Burrow isn't gonna tell ownership what to do.. Also Burrow wants to win, and being historically the worst coach ever, you gotta think Burrow will be more than ok with it..
Reply/Quote
Question phrasing confused my balls off, but no. Joe will certainly learn to like the new guy if he’s consulted during the process.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 02:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Rookies taken in the first round have a 5th year rookie option.  (How do you not know this?)

If the team decides to pick it up, the player will be paid an average of certain starters in the league, which differs based on where they were taken.  Players taken in the top 10 of the draft get an average of the top 10 starters at their positon.  Players taken outside of the top 10 get an average, I think of, of 3-25.

Franchise tags don't come into play for 1st rounders until year 6.  And it's incredibly routine for teams to pick up the option, while they work on a long-term deal, without it being taken as disrespectful as using a franchise tag.

Especially since we just declined John Ross's 5th year option lol.. I'm sure there was a thread about it..
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 03:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s an option to undo your vote. I accidentally voted yes as well. The op is confusingly worded
It has to be on purpose.  I Had to read it like 5 times to understand it...
Reply/Quote
Joe cares more about winning. Very obvious. Joe isn't going to be too upset when he looks at Zac's record since he's been here, he will get over it.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:52 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: This is precisely my problem with Taylor.  His hubris.  The guy won't get out of his own way and see that it's not working.  He makes no adjustments, just carries on ramming his head into the same wall because eventually the bricks will crack, right?  

Sounds like Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 11:24 PM)Destro Wrote: Sounds like Mike Brown

It sounds like Mike Brown for many years, but honestly, I don't feel like any of us really even know who runs the show there any more.  It could still be Mike.  Or it could be the next generation, he just remains the "face" that pops up once or twice a year and takes the heat.  I think he still cares about the team and is involved to some extent, but I'm not convinced he's really at the helm any longer.  

But yes, that was his MO for a long time as well.  He "knew what he was doing" and "stayed the course" even if the rest of the world challenged it and doubted it.  

End of the day, I think it's easy for fans to sit at home, say Taylor isn't doing anything and has no plan, and send his butt to the curb.  And honestly, I'm in that camp as well.  But I've also worked jobs over the years where it just legitimately takes time to replace the team and build it from the ground up, and no one can really see that from the outside.  So there are two sides to every coin.  But this case, the coin just feels like a bad penny and I'm as ready as anyone to toss it... 
Reply/Quote
I voted yes but I'd like to change it to no.

Winning cures all and Burrow would quickly forget about Taylor leaving when we started winning games.

Then again, and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, would Burrow even be able to adjust to a new coach's scheme if he misses all of preseason because he's rehabbing.
Reply/Quote
How do you change your vote? I thought I was voting, Yes, I want Zac fired. Oops.

Sorry to be so blunt with my previous reply. This really is a dumb premise though. Lots of assumptions being made that have a low probability of matching up with reality.
Reply/Quote
If The Family & Tobin got rid of Zac Taylor and Burrow was upset that would mean they were smarter than him.

So yeah if he's that stupid he can hit the bricks.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow signed the Dont-critize-the-Bengals clause, he probably has nothing nice to say about the team, the players and the organization. Keep that in mind.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I feel like creating a poll that asks, "Do you want Zac Taylor back for year 3 if he promises free handies for everyOne!"

Burrow will play for whoever the FO chooses to be HC. 

Nope..I REALLY don't want the fool "handling" any sensitive body parts of mine much less non-sensitive parts.. I wouldn't trust him to trim my toenails..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 03:21 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: How do you change your vote? I thought I was voting, Yes, I want Zac fired. Oops.

Sorry to be so blunt with my previous reply. This really is a dumb premise though. Lots of assumptions being made that have a low probability of matching up with reality.

Ya never know..Perhaps he has a "thing" for the bald, fat old man with loser tattooed on his nutsack.. Even Mikey needs love, huh?  Now THAT'S a worrisome thought..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 08:51 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Joe Burrow signed the Dont-critize-the-Bengals clause, he has nothing nice to say about the team, the players and the organization. Keep that in mind.

Lol you act like there are guys throwing their coaches under the bus in press conferences. That’s a good way to get benched like Dunlap did.

Only guy I’ve seen do this lately at the QB position is Baker and that was after his coach was canned if I remember correctly.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 11:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: Nope..I REALLY don't want the fool "handling" any sensitive body parts of mine much less non-sensitive parts.. I wouldn't trust him to trim my toenails..

What if he had Kevin Huber do it?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Burrow is a professional and will be fine when Zac is fired.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 11:47 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol you act like there are guys throwing their coaches under the bus in press conferences. That’s a good way to get benched like Dunlap did.

Only guy I’ve seen do this lately at the QB position is Baker and that was after his coach was canned if I remember correctly.

Originally intended to add "probably" in there but got left out Sad   He may like him, but once you're a bengal, those clauses limit your critique power.
Reply/Quote
NO.......at this point Joe Brady has done more than this clown. Probably just give him a try!
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Companion poll to Wes' "Do you want ZT back for year 3" poll, with the addition of "If Taylor leaves and the new coach makes JB unhappy and he then wants out of here?"

Burrow is a professional. Much more so than Taylor is. Burrow knows the score. He also knows that they aren't winning with Taylor.

For Burrow winning is important. A new coach coming to a team where the previous coach blew chunks for two years will be under pressure to put up wins. That will make Burrow happy.

The only way I see Burrow becoming unhappy is if they continue to suck ass and lose.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 02:35 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Burrow is a professional. Much more so than Taylor is. Burrow knows the score. He also knows that they aren't winning with Taylor.

For Burrow winning is important. A new coach coming to a team where the previous coach blew chunks for two years will be under pressure to put up wins. That will make Burrow happy.

The only way I see Burrow becoming unhappy is if they continue to suck ass and lose.

The only thing Burrow needs to do is give Baker Mayfield a call... Burrow can hear first hand from Baker the difference competent coaching and a good o-line makes.

The Browns did 2 main things in the off-season... Bring in 2 new tackles, a good o-line coach and a replace Freddie kitchens (who has a better record than Zac) with a good head coach. 
Reply/Quote