Poll: Do you want ZT back if his leaving makes JB want to leave as well?
This poll is closed.
Yes
24.24%
16 24.24%
No
75.76%
50 75.76%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Do you want Zac Taylor back for year 3 if his leaving leaves JB unhappy?
(12-01-2020, 01:13 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Direct quote from Taylor....

"If you believe in the way that you're approaching things and what your mission is it shouldn't change based on wins and losses," Taylor said.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Be curious to know what exactly his mission is if its not based on winning.

Actually, on second thought I don't care. I've seen enough and want him gone.

This is precisely my problem with Taylor.  His hubris.  The guy won't get out of his own way and see that it's not working.  He makes no adjustments, just carries on ramming his head into the same wall because eventually the bricks will crack, right?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: His first contract has 4 years left on it.  With a franchise tag you can extend it even further.

I would venture to guess that his decision whether to re-up, or to decide to leave, will be greater influenced by what occurs in years 2, 3, 4, and 5, with each subsequent year becoming more and more important in influencing his decision.

The idea that he'll decide his fate based more on what occurred in year 1 rather than what occurs closer to leading up to his actual negotiations seems rather absurd.

Fwiw, 99% of QB take the money and security and run, if it's offered well in advance to a year 5 option, or a year 6 tag.  The idea that he would wait out all of these years, because we fired a coach who went 4-27-1 is downright laughable.

His deal was a 4 year deal. He has already played 1 year. How does that math work that he has 4 years left on the deal? And sure you can franchise him, if you want an unhappy QB you are forcing to be here.
Quote:
Quote:$36.2 million

No. 1 draft pick and former LSU standout Joe Burrow agreed to a four-year, $36.2 million guaranteed deal with the Cincinnati Bengals in late July. The 23-year-old quarterback doesn't plan on touching any of it, though. “I don't plan on spending any contract money,” he told reporters after signing the contract.Aug 4, 2020
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why would you choose that worse case scenario instead of the 'keep Taylor with shitty coaches and bad decisionmaking which will equal shitty records' worst case scenario?

Oh, I don't know, I suppose that's just the way hypothetical questions work....
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 02:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: His deal was a 4 year deal. He has already played 1 year. How does that math work that he has 4 years left on the deal? And sure you can franchise him, if you want an unhappy QB you are forcing to be here.

Rookies taken in the first round have a 5th year rookie option.  (How do you not know this?)

If the team decides to pick it up, the player will be paid an average of certain starters in the league, which differs based on where they were taken.  Players taken in the top 10 of the draft get an average of the top 10 starters at their positon. Players taken outside of the top 10 get an average, I think of, of 3-25.

Franchise tags don't come into play for 1st rounders until year 6.  And it's incredibly routine for teams to pick up the option, while they work on a long-term deal, without it being taken as disrespectful as using a franchise tag.
Reply/Quote
Voted no. Burrow is under contract for at least 4 more years. He’ll get over losing Zac Taylor. Especially if the next guy has more success (would be hard not to).

Reply/Quote
This is a dumb premise because Burrow would adapt either way.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 11:37 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Welcome to the club. So that's yours and mine making it more 4-11 than the 6-9 it currently shows.

Can a mod do something or is it just how it is?

There’s an option to undo your vote. I accidentally voted yes as well. The op is confusingly worded.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's only 1 JB

[Image: CM_OCT15_FEATURE_Bengals2.jpg]

Rep. JB is the best. I defy anyone to watch this without getting a little choked up...

https://youtu.be/FrmWPSn4oxw

Reply/Quote
I voted yes but I could never see that happening. I think Joe Burrow will want to be a Bengal regardless.

Burrow is the kind of guy who can make a good coach look like a great coach, so I feel like there would be some coaches interested in the job. We have an offense loaded with weapons, and a few good young players on D. This team is not far from being a good team as far as the roster is concerned. They just need some competent coaching instead of the old Miami Dolphin crew that got ran out of town for sucking so bad.
Reply/Quote
Yes I would fire Zack and Duke
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This is what we in the business call a "dumb question."

The obvious answer would typically be "yes" if it means keeping Burrow (why he would want to stay after 5 straight years of 2 win seasons under ZT is beyond me, but hey, it is a hypothetical, right?). Problem is the question pre-supposes a conclusion to Zac Taylor's dismissal.

You may as well have asked "Would you want Zac Taylor dismissed if doing so would mean you get cancer?"

As far as my response, I went with no, because Zac Taylor still doesn't deserve this job. If the new coach makes Joe want out, then ZT would have certainly caused that after one or two more years of failure anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 03:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rep. JB is the best. I defy anyone to watch this without getting a little choked up...

https://youtu.be/FrmWPSn4oxw

I honestly thought this who Wes was referring to when I read the title of the thread. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't want ZT back under any circumstances. If he stays, he'll just get Burrow killed anyway. There is plenty of evidence, even out of his own mouth, that ZT can't or won't learn from his mistakes.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 03:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s an option to undo your vote. I accidentally voted yes as well. The op is confusingly worded.

Is there? That'd be nice. Where is it at, because I don't see it anywhere.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 04:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is there? That'd be nice. Where is it at, because I don't see it anywhere.

Weird. On mobile it’s right above the results.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Doesn't have to be for the same reason to have the same action. Burrow has come out multiple times in strong support for Taylor, and no matter how much he says posters will disregard it and project their own emotions onto him, and say "he's just saying that, he doesn't really believe it" I, for one, have seen enough of JB that I don't believe he is the "say the right thing" type of person, rather he tells it like he sees it. If they fire Taylor and hire someone JB doesn't bond with, he could very easily say he wants to play elsewhere. If we force his contract, that means we get him for 3 more years. I'd rather keep him happy and keep him here for the next 10....

If Burrow is happy winning 2 games a year then I don't want him as our QB.

But I don't think he is like that at all.
Reply/Quote
Burrow will get over it.
Reply/Quote
Yes, Taylor should get the boot. Joe is here for 4 more years, regardless of who the coach is. My thoughts keep leaning toward Eric Bienemy as the next Bengals HC. He's already gained experience in handling one gifted, creative thinking QB, and helping him achieve greatness. I don't see why he couldn't do the same with Joe.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wanna start a pole just to see how many more Zack Taylor poles people think we will have the next 2 months...lol
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 04:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I honestly thought this who Wes was referring to when I read the title of the thread. 

Hey!!!  I didn't start this ridiculous thread.

Reply/Quote