Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does 10-7 Get Us In?
I just don't see it happening with how bad the defense has been.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Colts, Steelers, and Browns are all direct competition for the playoffs. I think we need to beat those teams. Or win 2 out of 3.

That said...I don't know that we can win 4 more.

Our defense is pretty bad right now.
Reply/Quote
One week at a time my friends. One week at a time.
Reply/Quote
Definitely. But losing to the Texans will hurt as they have the head to head, so need to hope Pitt and the Clowns drop off.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:40 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: One week at a time my friends. One week at a time.

Not on message boards. When we lose 1, we're going to lose out.

When we win 1, we're never losing again.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 09:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If Jake Brady wins the SB do we trade Droe Blurrowdsoe?

Bronze statue outside the stadium for Jake, right?
Reply/Quote
10-7 should be enough, yes.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:35 AM)Garrus Wrote: I just don't see it happening with how bad the defense has been.

Shocking how bad the defense has been this year. They are the absolute bottom of the league in terms of yards given up per game. 32nd, giving up an average of 388 yards per game.  

The announcers last night again propped Lou up for a head coaching job, but based on the Bengals defense this year, I don't think the fanbases of many teams would be sold on him as a head coach. I can't blame him so much, though, as he said it would be a "dark night" if they lost both Bates and Bell. That's on the front office, losing those two and not getting a suitable replacement.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:00 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why not? I hope the Browns and Steelers finally fear us this season, with a backup at the helm.

I get the Browns statement. But I think the Steelers were fearing us with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:45 AM)Nepa Wrote: Shocking how bad the defense has been this year. They are the absolute bottom of the league in terms of yards given up per game. 32nd, giving up an average of 388 yards per game.  

The announcers last night again propped Lou up for a head coaching job, but based on the Bengals defense this year, I don't think the fanbases of many teams would be sold on him as a head coach. I can't blame him so much, though, as he said it would be a "dark night" if they lost both Bates and Bell. That's on the front office, loving those two and not getting a suitable replacement.

I'm not even hating on the defense today. Dax should've had a pick and let's not forget about that atrocious trick play that put them at what the 5. I guess we ran that trick play before I'll have to go back and read the article because I don't remember when and I guess it was successful. I'll also have to read Taylor's comments in full. But this is what drives me crazy about him it appears he said about the trick play that "sometimes in games like this you have to be aggressive and not worry about the results". How can we put a gameplan like last night together yet at the same time be so dumb that we can't translate what we are watching in real time and realize that we don't need to do that. Not only that but the 1st to Browning was on 2nd down and it's to Browning so what at best he gets you a 1st down? I just don't see much potential at all in this play. The 2nd so so many bad things. Backed up at your own end, on 1st down I believe, asking Boyd to throw all the way across the field while making in play decisions he doesn't ever have to make and again it's to Mixon and I'm just not sure how much explosiveness he's gonna give you. Not to hate on two plays in an otherwise well put together game. But how do these plays make it into the gameplan and then get implemented at those times after the offense is moving efficiently. 
Reply/Quote

[Image: dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Does 10-7 get us in? I think so.If Jake Browning can keep up this level of play,(without Zac interfering with the trick plays),then yes,I could see us getting there.Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Yes, 10-7 gets the Bengals a wild card berth. With that said, the defense will have to start playing much better especially against the pass. Too many pass routes are consistently open for my taste.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:45 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: 10-7 should be enough, yes.

Normally yes, however with that poor Conference W-L record it will be nearly impossible.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 5 Games left
4 games could be our backup QB vs a backup QB

Week 14 Colts Minshew
Week 15 Vikings Dobbs
Week 16 Steelers Trubisky
Week 17 Chiefs Kermit (the frog)
Week 18 Browns Flacco

Wow, we might be able to sneak in there.

Yeah, I think if we get to 10 wins we can sneak in. I know yesterday I said I didn't believe we could win a Playoff game with Browning
but after last night I take that back. If Jake plays like that the rest of the season we could make another run at it. We actually had a 
running game last night and that is what will get you into the Playoffs this time of year and could win some games.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I think if we get to 10 wins we can sneak in. I know yesterday I said I didn't believe we could win a Playoff game with Browning
but after last night I take that back. If Jake plays like that the rest of the season we could make another run at it. We actually had a 
running game last night and that is what will get you into the Playoffs this time of year and could win some games.

I think the bigger question is: Can we really finish 4-1?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the bigger question is: Can we really finish 4-1?

It will be tough, like Garrus says, the Defense will have to play much better to pull that off.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:45 AM)Nepa Wrote: Shocking how bad the defense has been this year. They are the absolute bottom of the league in terms of yards given up per game. 32nd, giving up an average of 388 yards per game.  

The announcers last night again propped Lou up for a head coaching job, but based on the Bengals defense this year, I don't think the fanbases of many teams would be sold on him as a head coach. I can't blame him so much, though, as he said it would be a "dark night" if they lost both Bates and Bell. That's on the front office, losing those two and not getting a suitable replacement.

The Safeties are not the problem with the Defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:18 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Astoundingly, I've just done a predictor assuming we go 10-7, and it got us in at #7. Crazier is that in my scenario, we got in ON a tiebreaker.... by virtue of last night's win over the Jags. Maybe I was too harsh on them, as that'd mean they go 2-3, but Lawrence missing time could make that happen.

According to me, it's the Bills we want to watch out for. Their schedule is pretty tough, but obviously they're a good team and could realistically win any game on their schedule. But I had them going 3-2.

Buffalo is done. 

They're not winning more than one game down the stretch. 
Reply/Quote