Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does 10-7 Get Us In?
Horsehead was practicing today. (limited)
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 05:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Horsehead was practicing today. (limited)

With the Steelers loss last night, there is a scenario where bengals are 7th seed, THIS week.

It starts with the bengals beating the colts. Hopefully they are practicing with wet balls.

Bengals beat colts.
Jets beat Texans.
Chargers beat broncos.
Jags beat browns
Chiefs beat bills

I highly doubt all of this happens, so it might take two weeks to get back into it. But this year is really crazy, evident by last night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 10:03 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: With the Steelers loss last night, there is a scenario where bengals are 7th seed, THIS week.

It starts with the bengals beating the colts. Hopefully they are practicing with wet balls.

Bengals beat colts.
Jets beat Texans.
Chargers beat broncos.
Jags beat browns
Chiefs beat bills

I highly doubt all of this happens, so it might take two weeks to get back into it. But this year is really crazy, evident by last night.

Can anyone confirm this as fact?

I knew we were closer to the 7th seed than it felt but damn. All these games could happen too

Jets are competitive and have a defense that could surprise a Texans team
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 10:03 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: With the Steelers loss last night, there is a scenario where bengals are 7th seed, THIS week.  

It starts with the bengals beating the colts.  Hopefully they are practicing with wet balls.

Bengals beat colts.
Jets beat Texans.
Chargers beat broncos.
Jags beat browns
Chiefs beat bills

I highly doubt all of this happens, so it might take two weeks to get back into it.  But this year is really crazy, evident by last night.

Seems that could cause a rash
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 03:28 PM)Housh Wrote: Can anyone confirm this as fact?

I knew we were closer to the 7th seed than it felt but damn. All these games could happen too

Simply select the winners I mentioned above and you will see the results.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems that could cause a rash

Welp, I set myself up for that one.

Nicely done. Nicely done.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 03:28 PM)Housh Wrote: Can anyone confirm this as fact?

Interestingly enough, the jags/browns game doesn’t matter who wins, in regards to us climbing up to 7.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems that could cause a rash

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Didn't read through the thread yet, so sorry if already posted/discussed.

Three things have to happen, that are in the Bengals control. 
1. Jake needs to play at a 12-15ish qb level and not turn the ball over. Somewhere around a 94 rating.
2. The defense needs to pick it up. 
3. The running game has to continue to produce like they did against the Jags.

I don't see the Broncos being there at the end of the year so what the Bengals need to do is win this Sunday to give them H2H wins against the Colts and Bills. They need Pitt and Cleve to drop completely out of the race and i believe that is possible with their remaining schedules. 

I can see the Texans getting one spot. The remaining two spots could come down to a fight between the Colts, Bengals and Bills which is why this week is so important for tie breakers, since they have none against either the Browns or Steelers. The Bengals could still lose a game and finish 10-7 and with the above things happening, they could get in the playoffs.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 05:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Didn't read through the thread yet, so sorry if already posted/discussed.

Three things have to happen, that are in the Bengals control. 
1. Jake needs to play at a 12-15ish qb level and not turn the ball over. Somewhere around a 94 rating.
2. The defense needs to pick it up. 
3. The running game has to continue to produce like they did against the Jags.

I don't see the Broncos being there at the end of the year so what the Bengals need to do is win this Sunday to give them H2H wins against the Colts and Bills. They need Pitt and Cleve to drop completely out of the race and i believe that is possible with their remaining schedules. 

I can see the Texans getting one spot. The remaining two spots could come down to a fight between the Colts, Bengals and Bills which is why this week is so important for tie breakers, since they have none against either the Browns or Steelers. The Bengals could still lose a game and finish 10-7 and with the above things happening, they could get in the playoffs.

All great points. Have to say, good job on picking the Pats last night. I didn't expect the stoolers to lose to them, but 
happy they did even if I picked the scum to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All great points. Have to say, good job on picking the Pats last night. I didn't expect the stoolers to lose to them, but 
happy they did even if I picked the scum to win.

Belichick always seems to have Pitts number. No doubt it was mostly due to Brady but even when Pitt was really good, NE would always take them. He used to just say F the run, Brady is gonna throw 50 times but last night he went with a more conventional gameplan. Zeke had a really good all around game and the defense played well.

It certainly didn't hurt that the Steelers area a shit storm the last few years without an elite QB and only average RBs.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 05:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Belichick always seems to have Pitts number. No doubt it was mostly due to Brady but even when Pitt was really good, NE would always take them. He used to just say F the run, Brady is gonna throw 50 times but last night he went with a more conventional gameplan. Zeke had a really good all around game and the defense played well.

It certainly didn't hurt that the Steelers area a shit storm the last few years without an elite QB and only average RBs.

All true, sure hope we can beat the shit out of them the next time we play.
Reply/Quote