Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does 10-7 Get Us In?
(12-05-2023, 03:21 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Buffalo is done. 

They're not winning more than one game down the stretch. 

Bullshit. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bullshit. Mellow
Their next 5 games in no particular order: 

KC
Dal
NE
MI
LA

Who are they beating other than New England? 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:29 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Their next 5 games in no particular order: 

KC
Dal
NE
MI
LA

The Bills can beat every one of those teams as long as Josh Allen doesn't turn the ball over all the time.

They are one of the best teams in the NFL when they are on their game, firing their OC has lit a fire under them if you watched 
them play lately.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Bills can beat every one of those teams as long as Josh Allen doesn't turn the ball over all the time.

They are one of the best teams in the NFL when they are on their game, firing their OC has lit a fire under them if you watched 
them play lately.

They haven't been on their game for the majority of games this season. Dallas can see them blow for blow at their best. If you don't know that, then the only thing I can suggest for you is to watch a recent Cowboys game.

Kansas City can see them defensively, and Mahones and the offense clicking is the only thing preventing it from being a decisive win for KC.  Miami, have fun defending that offense with your starters hurt and Von Miller about to catch a DV charge. Same with the Chargers (their offense isn't the problem).

Blowing a lead @ Philly shouldn't make people think they're anything than what they are: A team whose window slammed shut last season.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:21 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Buffalo is done. 

They're not winning more than one game down the stretch. 

We'll see. They're a good team if they catch fire, but I do think they're struggle to match us if we go 4-1.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:38 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: They haven't been on their game for the majority of games this season. Dallas can see them blow for blow at their best. If you don't know that, then the only thing I can suggest for you is to watch a recent Cowboys game.

Kansas City can see them defensively, and Mahones and the offense clicking is the only thing preventing it from being a decisive win for KC.  Miami, have fun defending that offense with your starters hurt and Von Miller about to catch a DV charge. Same with the Chargers (their offense isn't the problem).

Blowing a lead @ Philly shouldn't make people think they're anything than what they are: A team whose window slammed shut last season.

The Cowboys are good for sure, I have been watching them but the Bills can beat them and they shown they can beat the Chiefs
last year and they already beat the Dolphins this year and the Bills are better now after firing their OC. Like I said, if Josh Allen keeps
turning the ball over they might only win one more game. We will see, but the Bills are still a contender IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Normally yes, however with that poor Conference W-L record it will be nearly impossible.

Yea, that could be. It will depend on what the Colts and Broncos do, I think. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:29 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Their next 5 games in no particular order: 

KC
Dal
NE
MI
LA

they can win all three at home.. Chargers are not playing well, Dallas playing in Buffalo weather in Dec with their backs to the wall, i see the typical turnovers by Dak that could change that outcome.

lets not forget the Bills have owned Miami worse than Steelers owned the Bengals 12-2 last 14 games and drilled them at home this year.

3-2 or 2-3 is my opinion
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: they can win all three at home.. Chargers are not playing well, Dallas playing in Buffalo weather in Dec with their backs to the wall, i see the typical turnovers by Dak that could change that outcome.

lets not forget the Bills have owned Miami worse than Steelers owned the Bengals 12-2 last 14 games and drilled them at home this year.  

3-2 or 2-3 is my opinion

Yep, I think the Bills win at least a couple of their games. At least.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Safeties are not the problem with the Defense.

If not the departure of the safeties, then what do you attribute is the cause of the demise of the defense? Almost the entire defense returned, including the entire defensive linemen and linebackers, and even most backups. And Lou returned. 

I guess I finger the one major change, the loss of Bates and Bell, as the major factor for the defense's poor performance this year (and those two are having terrific seasons this year, and in particular Bates). But whatever it is, I hope Lou figures it out soon. Right now, they are 32nd in yards allowed per game (and 26th in running yards allowed and 21st in points allowed per game). A long ways from a top-10 defense. Even when Beathard came in he went 9/10 and an honest referee (who threw the flag on holding) away from throwing a bomb to inside the 5-yard line in overtime.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:32 PM)Nepa Wrote: If not the departure of the safeties, then what do you attribute is the cause of the demise of the defense? Almost the entire defense returned, including the entire defensive linemen and linebackers, and even most backups. And Lou returned. 

I guess I finger the one major change, the loss of Bates and Bell, as the major factor for the defense's poor performance this year (and those two are having terrific seasons this year, and in particular Bates). But whatever it is, I hope Lou figures it out soon. Right now, they are 32nd in yards allowed per game (and 26th in running yards allowed and 21st in points allowed per game). Even when Beathard came in he went 9/10 and an honest referee (who threw the flag on holding) away from throwing a bomb to inside the 5 yards line in overtime.

Well, it was the poor tackling early in the season and Scott starting over Battle, but lately Dax and Battle have played pretty damn 
good. Our vets namely Pratt and Wilson have struggled at times and Hubbard has been hurt and Hendrickson is just not a good run
stopper. I think Lou needs to put it all together, we have some great young talent that are getting experience in Dax, DJ Turner and 
Battle. True on Beathard but we always struggle with new QB's we have no film on.

I like that the tackling looked better last night, we just need to stop giving up big plays, that has been our biggest problem this 
season for various reasons.
Reply/Quote
No.

Off year. It happens. Reload, back to the Super Bowl.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Ok after taking a deep dive into schedules, still a long shot for us since 9-8 we are dead on about all tiebreakers especially if it would be 3 teams or more with 9-8 records so pretty much have to finish 10-7.

The way i see it looking at records, and games left, Houston and Cleveland are going to be in, for us to jump Colts and Steelers we probably need Steelers to beat Colts and Texans to beat them last game of year (2-3) looking at their schedule and so im assuming Steelers win at NE and Indy, then loses last three (2-3). I see Bills going 3-2 or 2-3 and Denver going 3-2 (need chargers to split with them ) puts them 9-8 . This would get us in at 10-7
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, 10-7 gets us in, and I think it'll be the 5th seed.

The Steelers will finish 8-9 and the Browns 9-8, and the Bills will go 2-3 to finish out the year. Buffalo does have the toughest road of all.

I see it finishing up like this:

1)Miami 13-4
2)KC 13-4
3)Baltimore 12-5
4)Houston 10-7
5)Cincinnati 10-7
6)Jacksonville 10-7
7) Indy Colts 10-7
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:38 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: They haven't been on their game for the majority of games this season. Dallas can see them blow for blow at their best. If you don't know that, then the only thing I can suggest for you is to watch a recent Cowboys game.

Lol didn't they beat the Dolphins by 28 this year? They are a much better team than the Chargers. Pretending like there is no way the win more than 1 game is silly. In fact, they are currently favored against the Cowboys, Chargers, and Patriots.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 05:16 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Lol didn't they beat the Dolphins by 28 this year? They are a much better team than the Chargers. Pretending like there is no way the win more than 1 game is silly. In fact, they are currently favored against the Cowboys, Chargers, and Patriots.  

How many starters on that defense weren't out with an injury?
Reply/Quote
Just think if Boyd doesn't drop the TD against the Texans. How would we look then?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 05:43 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Just think if Boyd doesn't drop the TD against the Texans.  How would we look then?
11-6 and Houston coming back here to Cincy.  I think we'll be heading down there for the first round.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 05:23 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: How many starters on that defense weren't out with an injury?

3 starters that played in that game are out for the year. However, they also played that game without Jordan Poyer. I don't really think that accounts for 28 points and that should make anyone think there is "no way" they win the game. They are currently 1.5 point underdogs, so basically a toss up. The Bills are very likely to win more than 1 game the rest of the way. Will they win 4? That will be tough, but nobody would want to play them in the playoffs, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 05:16 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Lol didn't they beat the Dolphins by 28 this year? They are a much better team than the Chargers. Pretending like there is no way the win more than 1 game is silly. In fact, they are currently favored against the Cowboys, Chargers, and Patriots.  

Agree Lucius. The Bills are still really good, especially when Josh Allen isn't turning the ball over.

I actually expect them to win 4 more games, 2 at the very least.

(12-05-2023, 05:43 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Just think if Boyd doesn't drop the TD against the Texans.  How would we look then?

Wild what if thought...

One play, damn.

(12-05-2023, 05:46 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: 11-6 and Houston coming back here to Cincy.  I think we'll be heading down there for the first round.

Could be. Browning and our running game needs to keep playing like last night and our Defense needs to get much better.

We will see. That one drop by Boyd was huge in hurting are chances.
Reply/Quote