Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Does Burrow need to hit another level?
(11-13-2023, 11:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: Tight window in the end zone? He flat out missed the defender underneath and had Mixon in the flat. The other one was simply too high. Dalton got crucified for those throws. He had some absolute dimes too. It's the NFL, you're going to be throwing into tight windows unless you're playing our defense, apparently. The INTs weren't necessarily the problem, it was more about where and when they happened. 

The tight window was with Hudson. There was 2 defenders underneath and one above. I never said anything about the endzone INT
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:14 AM)Wyche Wrote: Can't help myself when it comes to hypocrisy. Tongue

Lol me a hypocrite with Dalton? I don't think you remember who you're talking to.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That's the big issue for me. Our RBs are not playmakers. This strategy works if you have De'Von Achane at RB, but we don't.

I agree, I think it's a Joe Burrow issue more so than a coaching issue. Some downs, it does seem like he checks his first read and, if it isn't there, he decides to check it down even before significant pressure is on him.

Maybe he knows that if the first read isn't open, then the second read likely isn't either and checking it down early is better to give his RB more time to get a few yards, I don't know, but I don't think the plays are necessarily designed that way.

I feel like a lot of the quick checkdowns are RPO's where the ball has to come out quickly to avoid the OL from being caught downfield.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He had a bad game. 

Michael Jordan had bad games. Tom Brady had bad games. 

You want perfection. It's not a thing. 

And they each won numerous championships and are considered the GOAT of their sport by many. Phillip Rivers had bad games too. So saying GOATs had bad games is kind of a dumb point. 
Reply/Quote
It’s not hard guys. We ran the ball 11 times with a running back. Clearly we can’t run block and the staff knows it. Mahomes has 8 INT Jalen Hurts 8 Lamar 5 Joey B 6. Burrow has more attempts than any of them. Definitely doesn’t have KC or Philly’s lines. It’s not hard.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:24 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Idk. I think I’m still having the same thoughts. Burrows 2 picks were worse than Boyd’s 2 drops. Chase had 124 yards, his injury can’t be an excuse this game.

Burrow had 2 bad throws out of 40 attempts with the oline shoved in his face almost every play.  Boyd dropped 2 passes out of 10 throws, both of which he was wide open and the ball hit is hands. The drops were worse, insanely worse.

Reply/Quote
99 Problems and JB ain't one.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:26 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I would have  had Andre Iosivias run that route Sample
Ran. He has a larger catch radius and can elevate 
Off the ground. Drew Sample needs perfect passes 
Thrown his way for him to come down with it 

Maybe you should teach Andre to run the correct routes and he might get a ball thrown his way.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:29 PM)TheFan Wrote: And they each won numerous championships and are considered the GOAT of their sport by many. Phillip Rivers had bad games too. So saying GOATs had bad games is kind of a dumb point. 

Philip Rivers never even sniffed a Super Bowl. The one conference championship he made it to he only completed 51% of his passes, threw 2 INT’s to 0 TD’s, had a 46.1 passer rating, and lost by 2 scores.

So not sure we need to infer Burrow is closer to that.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: I feel like a lot of the quick checkdowns are RPO's where the ball has to come out quickly to avoid the OL from being caught downfield.

That's definitely part of it. Burrow has ran the 6th most RPOs in the league this year. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:11 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The tight window was with Hudson. There was 2 defenders underneath and one above. I never said anything about the endzone INT

The INT was thrown to Sample. It was a bit off the mark high. He also had the bad throw to Irwin that was almost picked. He had his moments yesterday, but he made those bad throws at the worst time. It happens, but blaming INTs on coaching is a bold strategy, I'll give you that.  Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:12 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lol me a hypocrite with Dalton? I don't think you remember who you're talking to.

Maybe not you, per se, but it's the same scenario. I just find it odd when people go out of their way to blame anyone but Joe when he makes a mistake, lol. EVERYONE makes mistakes in life and on the football field. As good as Joe is, he is going to make those mistakes and have bad games. Pitt and Chicago last year, a couple this year. I wouldn't call his game yesterday bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it also wasn't the typical razor sharp Joe Burrow either. He had a hand in the loss. As I said, it wasn't so much he threw two picks, it was more about where and when they happened. Kinda like Boyd's drops.

Reply/Quote
Outside of the AFCC game which was huge don't get me wrong, when has Burrow led a big 4th q comeback?

The truth is once this team gets down 10 it's over. They either come out the gate on fire and go on top early (even if the Offense can't keep it up) and then hold onto the victory.

Or they fall behind and lose.

We should have more faith in Burrow even when down 10 in the 4th.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Outside of the AFCC game which was huge don't get me wrong, when has Burrow led a big 4th q comeback?

They showed the graphic yesterday during the game, I believe he has 7 in the 4th quarter and OT.

Oh, and yesterday ofc… Gaah

[Image: F-0o2d8WQAAhtJ5?format=jpg&name=medium]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Outside of the AFCC game which was huge don't get me wrong, when has Burrow led a big 4th q comeback?

The truth is once this team gets down 10 it's over. They either come out the gate on fire and go on top early (even if the Offense can't keep it up) and then hold onto the victory.

Or they fall behind and lose.

We should have more faith in Burrow even when down 10 in the 4th.

Seriously?  I can think of multiple games off the top of my head while in a drunken stuper.  

Reply/Quote
The offense yesterday had a hurt Chase, no Tee, stone hands Boyd (for biggest play of offense), an underperforming run game, and a patchwork trio of tight ends. Oh and the line iffy on pass protection with what seemed like an imploding pocket a lot of the time, at least compared to the Texans pocket.

In situations like that for the Bengals to win games, especially in playoffs, Burrow needs to have legs like Vick, an arm of Aaron Rodgers, and brain of Peyton Manning.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They showed the graphic yesterday during the game, I believe he has 7 in the 4th quarter and OT.

Oh, and yesterday ofc… Gaah

[Image: F-0o2d8WQAAhtJ5?format=jpg&name=medium]

Yes, that's correct, seven. 

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: I feel like a lot of the quick checkdowns are RPO's where the ball has to come out quickly to avoid the OL from being caught downfield.

Ah, I could see that as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:33 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: How is it asking for perfection? Asking not to throw 2 Redzone interceptions is not asking for perfection. Asking to not go 2 1/2 quarters with 40 yards is not perfection. Asking for someone to up their game when they are paid as the top QB in the NFL is not asking for perfection. I know it’s not all him, but the stalling in the offense, the turnovers, he had a hand in both.

Those interceptions are a moot point, we should've had a 4 point lead but Boyd dropped an easy one.
Reply/Quote
He has had a mix year with some very solid game some not so good with injury, some long gaps of scoring in a game and key 4th quarter Ints that really hurt, if he finishes the year playing and we don;t make playoffs, he will have to shoulder some of that failure.
Reply/Quote