Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Does God exist?
I've been reading many posts here and they are just so anti-God it is unbelievable. I guess some people have decided God does not exist. I personally know He exists. How can I prove it? Every time someone challenges the Bible, they reach a dead end because facts are facts. My brother says religion is for the weak and need to believe in something. I tell him it is about living the best life on earth. God does answer prayers and I've seen it first hand. Maybe not the way I thought it would be answered, but they get answered. It says in the Bible God answered the prayers of righteous people. Why would somebody expect an answer if they are unrighteous? The answer is yes God exists.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Does Vishnu exist?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 10:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Does Vishnu exist?

Don't even know what it is? Maybe you can provide eye witness accounts?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 11:02 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Don't even know what it is? Maybe you can provide eye witness accounts?

He's a god 1 billion people on earth believe in. 
Reply/Quote
Depends on your definition of "god".

Do I believe in a "higher power"? Absolutely. However, do I wholeheartedly deny said higher power's "divinity"? Absolutely as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 10:51 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I've been reading many posts here and they are just so anti-God it is unbelievable. I guess some people have decided God does not exist. I personally know He exists. How can I prove it? Every time someone challenges the Bible, they reach a dead end because facts are facts. My brother says religion is for the weak and need to believe in something. I tell him it is about living the best life on earth. God does answer prayers and I've seen it first hand. Maybe not the way I thought it would be answered, but they get answered. It says in the Bible God answered the prayers of righteous people. Why would somebody expect an answer if they are unrighteous? The answer is yes God exists.

I don't know if a God exists and imho no one does. Certainly not those people that explain God's will to me, be it that I despise non-believers or spend money so they can fly to their televangelist TV show in a private jet or that I keep my mouth shut if priests abuse children or that I vote for a certain party or tell homosexuals that they are sinners and will go to hell or whatever happens in His name. Lots of hate and suffering, for example. Not that it's only bad stuff, many people use their belief in God to do good things and that needs to be acknowledged as well. I for one need no God that punishes me otherwise to do the things I consider morally right, but if others do and it helps, all right with me.

Religion and the belief in God is something up to every individual. I usually do not make fun of people because they believe in God. However, those that do believe in God say the darndest things about those who do not. It's quite arrogant really. And your post comes across as arrogant as well, especially the part where you claim that if God does not answer your prayers, you're unrighteous or that everyone that ever challenged the Bible lost the debate because of "facts". Stories about people inside of a whale or in an arch with a pair of each animal on board are not facts.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 11:47 PM)hollodero Wrote:  
I don't know if a God exists and imho no one does. Certainly not those people that explain God's will to me, be it that I despise non-believers or spend money so they can fly to their televangelist TV show in a private jet or that I keep my mouth shut if priests abuse children or that I vote for a certain party or tell homosexuals that they are sinners and will go to hell or whatever happens in His name. Lots of hate and suffering, for example. Not that it's only bad stuff, many people use their belief in God to do good things and that needs to be acknowledged as well. I for one need no God that punishes me otherwise to do the things I consider morally right, but if others do and it helps, all right with me.

Religion and the belief in God is something up to every individual. I usually do not make fun of people because they believe in God. However, those that do believe in God say the darndest things about those who do not. It's quite arrogant really. And your post comes across as arrogant as well, especially the part where you claim that if God does not answer your prayers, you're unrighteous or that everyone that ever challenged the Bible lost the debate because of "facts". Stories about people inside of a whale or in an arch with a pair of each animal on board are not facts.

I see. You can prove they are not facts. Talk about arrogance.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 11:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He's a god 1 billion people on earth believe in. 

Learn something new every day. I never heard of him. 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I don't believe...

we need another thread about this....I know Luci is fighting hard not to post.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 10:51 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I've been reading many posts here and they are just so anti-God it is unbelievable. I guess some people have decided God does not exist. I personally know He exists. How can I prove it? Every time someone challenges the Bible, they reach a dead end because facts are facts. My brother says religion is for the weak and need to believe in something. I tell him it is about living the best life on earth. God does answer prayers and I've seen it first hand. Maybe not the way I thought it would be answered, but they get answered. It says in the Bible God answered the prayers of righteous people. Why would somebody expect an answer if they are unrighteous? The answer is yes God exists.

The God of the Bible doesn't exist. He's an idiot. He creates something he doesn't like and blaming his creation. This is utterly stupid even at a human level. He creates his own suffering.

But I do think the Big Bang ( Earth isn't 6000 years old ... ) is a will which is the real question about God.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 12:42 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see. You can prove they are not facts. Talk about arrogance.

You come in stating your God is the true God and your beliefs are the true belief but somehow other people are arrogant.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 12:42 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see. You can prove they are not facts. Talk about arrogance.

Well, sure, when it comes to talking about whether the story around Noah's arc is real, I might be guilty as charged. This apparently does not depict an event that actually took place in human's history. Every logical measurement imaginable is proof for that. For starters, there is quite a huge number of different animals on this planet now. Low estimates are 5 million different land species. So the Arc must have had 10 million animals at least, male and female of each kind, not to mention all the addidional animals the arc needed to feed the animals. Even if Noah got one animal on the arc every minute, tough to do since the world is large and some animals are really small and shy (and others big and dangerous), it would have taken 10 years to get all the specimens needed for each species' survival on board. And the poor man did not even sleep, and yeah not to forget those animals on the arc need daily feeding, and possibly constant surveillance so the big flesh eaters don't eat the other animals, also the amount of daily excrements alone must have gone into the tons. That apparently did not really happen. Just as a human can not be 600 years old as Noah allegedly was, and just as the arc would not have landed on mount Ararat before the mountaintops came out of the sea, because, well, there just are higher mountains than Ararat on the world. Also geology shows there was no sudden 9 kilometer sea level rise ever occurring in earth's history.
Oh and also there's the incest problem many Bible passages have when taken literally. Two animals can not be the founders of an existing species, just like two humans can not be. The proof lies in the genetics and the well established fact that creating offspring with close relatives leads to severe gene damage and to extinction within a few generations. 

Do I hereby mock the Bible or make fun of religion, nope. Just like I do not mock any story I know isn't real. Game of Thrones didn't really happen, that does not mean I call the author an idiot. But how could one take these stories literally, even many Christians don't do that.
Reply/Quote
Religion- the biggest con of all time

How different Gods have humans concocted over their existence?
Reply/Quote
Hail Satan.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 06:42 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hail Satan.

[Image: miroslav_satan_22.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Satan has the bad part of it. He's just like God made him.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 08:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: miroslav_satan_22.jpg]

I god damn hate the Penguins.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 08:49 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Satan has the bad part of it. He's just like God made him.

I'll make him rebellious and make him love me more than man.

Then I'll cast him out for being rebellious and loving me more than man.

Because Old Testament God was a gigantic dick.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 09:06 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I god damn hate the Penguins.

They are the one local team I like...it's nice we can hate on each other in some regard.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 09:07 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'll make him rebellious and make him love me more than man.

Then I'll cast him out for being rebellious and loving me more than man.

Because Old Testament God was a gigantic dick.

And I'll make all these people imperfect so I can blame and burn the s**t out all of them.

And I will tempt them on daily basis so they'll fall more easily.

What a plan !!! 

Reply/Quote