Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does he stay or does he go?
The Nebraska rumor could end up actually happening.
Nebraska is 1-6 in the Big 10, 3-7 overall.
Scott Frost may not survive after this year, as he's 15-27 in the Big 10, 10-23 overall since taking over as HC in 2018.
That's just not going to cut it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's playoffs for me. I don't care if we're 10-7 and finish 3rd in the division and no playoffs; he needs to walk.

Conversely if we're 9-8 and make the playoffs; he stays. Absolutely no way an AFC team is making the playoffs with a losing record this year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Nebraska rumor could end up actually happening.
Nebraska is 1-6 in the Big 10, 3-7 overall.
Scott Frost may not survive after this year, as he's 15-27 in the Big 10, 10-23 overall since taking over as HC in 2018.
That's just not going to cut it.

Scott Frost essential signed his ticket for 2022 by firing his offensive staff and taking a pay cut for 2022.  

So he isnt going anywhere this year.  I think the Nebraska admin is hoping with an easier schedule (ie dont have to play Ohio State) that Frost can turn the team around and make a mid-tier bowl. 
Reply/Quote
This coming Sunday when the Bengals play the Raiders will give us some insight into how effective this coaching staff,(Head Coach) really is as far as hitting the reset button and getting this team back on track.If Zac Taylor and company doesn’t pull out a win,it could be a long rest of season,and Zac needs to be gone,Not saying he will be,but he should be FIRED.
Reply/Quote
I think my feelings on this topic have been clear. Either hire someone, with experience, calling the offensive plays, or get Zac out of here. Period. The guy calls bad plays. At critical times.

Please don't come at me with any trivial stats or whatever. I'll not be swayed. Damn. I sound angry. Maybe a trip to the garage?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really.  We have a lot of talent on this roster.  We just hire  coach who fits the talent we already have.

Yeah I think a new staff would just want to put some finishing touches on the Oline maybe a new starting corner and the linebacking core since we run with 2 linebackers a lot we'll need to add to that position.
Reply/Quote
Unless the second half is a complete disaster then I see the front office keeping him for at least one more season. While it is his third season its not really the third year of "his team". The first season he was here was with mostly Marvin guys.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Back before the season I said 9 wins or bust. I'm uping it to 10 wins or bust.

What do I think it will take for the brain trust to bring him back ? 8 wins
Reply/Quote
Just off the top of my head: Higgins, Huber, Mixon, Bates, Harris, CJ...who else was here with Marvin? Say it is 10 guys; would that mean Zac was here for 80% of the roster? I have heard the excuse that the people are not executing so it isn't Zac's fault that the plays are not working. Well, he had to do with having guys who can't execute or something to do with player's not being coached better into executing.

You got to choose. If the failure isn't the coach, it has to be the players. I'm sure there are coaches who would look around at this locker room and be like "Yeah, I can make this work." Is this a 17-0 team? Hell, no, but the talent is there to be better.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 11:04 PM)Destro Wrote: Just off the top of my head: Higgins, Huber, Mixon, Bates, Harris, CJ...who else was here with Marvin? Say it is 10 guys; would that mean Zac was here for 80% of the roster? I have heard the excuse that the people are not executing so it isn't Zac's fault that the plays are not working. Well, he had to do with having guys who can't execute or something to do with player's not being coached better into executing.

You got to choose. If the failure isn't the coach, it has to be the players. I'm sure there are coaches who would look around at this locker room and be like "Yeah, I can make this work." Is this a 17-0 team? Hell, no, but the talent is there to be better.

Higgins was drafted after Burrow.

You forgot:

- Hopkins
- Evans
- Hubbard
- Tupou
- Wilson
- Phillips
- Tate

Who's Harris?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I could see the Bengals bringing Zac back if he gets to 8 wins. For me like a lot of people it has to be 10 wins. We are kind of going into a tailspin after the last 2 games. I want to see Taylor right the ship and finish this season strong. We don't have to wait long as I think this Sunday will be a precursor for the rest of the season. Two teams at 5-4 that should be thinking about staying in the playoff hunt the Bengals really need to win this game.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 11:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Higgins was drafted after Burrow.

You forgot:

- Hopkins
- Evans
- Hubbard
- Tupou
- Wilson
- Phillips
- Tate

Who's Harris?

I meant Boyd. Top of my head ain't sharp.Ninja

Clark Harris is the long snapper that looks like the neighbor off of Office Space. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 12:02 AM)Destro Wrote: I meant Boyd. Top of my head ain't sharp.Ninja

Clark Harris is the long snapper that looks like the neighbor off of Office Space.

That is just awful that I forgot Clark, WOW...

And yes, looks like Diedrich Bader.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
In my opinion it's 16 wins or hit the road.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 02:08 AM)ah5 Wrote: In my opinion it's 16 wins or hit the road.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

[Image: style-dude.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
10 for me but don't think he is going anywhere actually unless he finishes with 7 or less wins.

But the Bengals winning 5 out of the next 8 games is going too tough.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This isn't a "should we fire Zac Taylor" discussion its about a COMPLETE coaching staff change.

As pointed out by alot of people the Bengals Coaching staff is heavily involved in the scouting process for both the draft and free agency and this young roster looks very solid. Zac Taylor is also progressing in an upward direction with this team.... So the Dilemma is Do they completely shake up the coaching staff? or Do what they did last off-season and bring in a couple of new faces like possibly replacing Brian Callahan?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 11:18 PM)Synric Wrote: This isn't a "should we fire Zac Taylor" discussion its about a COMPLETE coaching staff change.

As pointed out by alot of people the Bengals Coaching staff is heavily involved in the scouting process for both the draft and free agency and this young roster looks very solid. Zac Taylor is also progressing in an upward direction with this team.... So the Dilemma is Do they completely shake up the coaching staff? or Do what they did last off-season and bring in a couple of new faces like possibly replacing Brian Callahan?

If they do that they'd damn sure better assign play calling to him.

Changing the OC and still letting Zac call plays is not good.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:26 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If they do that they'd damn sure better assign play calling to him.

Changing the OC and still letting Zac call plays is not good.

Play calling is collaborative. 

These guys work all week to put in a game plan and a script. During the game they have to adjust to what is working and what isn't. It's not just one guy out there doing all the work. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Wow..and all this time I thought you all were ready to all pitch in to build the gold statue of Zac embracing ol Mikey on Fountain Square already..
Well slap my face! Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote