Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does he stay or does he go?
THis organization should give annual contracts only, from the very beginning.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 11:36 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: THis organization should give annual contracts only, from the very beginning.

That's smart, we'll never get a coach.  Ninja And FWIW, a couple more wins and Taylor is staying, like it or not. My number, like I said before, is 9 or 10, but I suspect MB will keep him with 7 as he is loath to change coaches and start over. I think the best thing to hope for is he makes Taylor use his OC.
Reply/Quote
I don't know why so many people think the Bengals will keep Taylor if he wins 8 games.

No Bengal coach has returned after 3 losing seasons since Shula almost THIRTY years ago. Plus the Bengals have NEVER spent on free agents like they did with Taylor. I think the will expect more results from their investment.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know why so many people think the Bengals will keep Taylor if he wins 8 games.

No Bengal coach has returned after 3 losing seasons since Shula almost THIRTY years ago.  Plus the Bengals have NEVER spent on free agents like they did with Taylor.  I think the will expect more results from their investment.

They may pull their cards and promote Simmons.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 07:34 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think my feelings on this topic have been clear. Either hire someone, with experience, calling the offensive plays, or get Zac out of here. Period. The guy calls bad plays. At critical times.

Please don't come at me with any trivial stats or whatever. I'll not be swayed. Damn. I sound angry. Maybe a trip to the garage?

Is the weed in the garage?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know why so many people think the Bengals will keep Taylor if he wins 8 games.

No Bengal coach has returned after 3 losing seasons since Shula almost THIRTY years ago.  Plus the Bengals have NEVER spent on free agents like they did with Taylor.  I think the will expect more results from their investment.

Because it's still easy for them to justify.  8 games is twice as many as last year, and an improvement, regardless of the optics to those of us watching games.  They made it clear that they did not enjoy the hiring process when Marvin left.  It was obvious that they'd have rather been doing something other than assembling a brand new staff.  

I'll grant that things may be different now.  They've done a lot in the last 2 years that is out of line with the same old Bengals standard operating procedure.  Maybe you are correct.  Maybe Elizabeth will tell mom, dad, and gramps that they need to react quickly to get someone in there that can steer the talent they've accumulated at a more expedient pace toward a title.  You never know.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 11:18 PM)Synric Wrote: This isn't a "should we fire Zac Taylor" discussion its about a COMPLETE coaching staff change.

As pointed out by alot of people the Bengals Coaching staff is heavily involved in the scouting process for both the draft and free agency and this young roster looks very solid. Zac Taylor is also progressing in an upward direction with this team.... So the Dilemma is Do they completely shake up the coaching staff? or Do what they did last off-season and bring in a couple of new faces like possibly replacing Brian Callahan?

I would guess that if Taylor is gone, Anarumo and probably Callahan are gone too.
I think for sure Frank Pollack would stick around, as well as Simmons and maybe a couple other position coaches.

If there is a new HC that does come in, I want them to have an actual OC and DC calling the plays unless they have proven successful experience doing so (I mean like Top 10 in the NFL previously kind of experience).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Any chance Zac might decide to leave and pursue coaching at Nebraska?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 12:18 PM)jason Wrote: Is the weed in the garage?

What weed?
[Image: b0054c4505e78d1bf2a8b2fa8956e534_w200.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I think he has to win a playoff game, otherwise I think the family will move on. Dude has built a solid roster, but I think if he can't turn the playoff corner in three years, they'll look for someone who can.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 01:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Any chance Zac might decide to leave and pursue coaching at Nebraska?

He'd be crazy to... In the NFL top talent gets drafted and forced to play for you. Good luck competing with Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, and the other top SEC schools. Good luck competing with Michigan.

It'd be nice though... We get to rid ourselves of a guy I think doesn't have it, and my Buckeyes get to trounce his ass.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not to defend mediocrity or Zac, but I think asking for a playoff win coming off a 4 win season is asking a lot (unrealistic).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 02:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not to defend mediocrity or Zac, but I think asking for a playoff win coming off a 4 win season is asking a lot (unrealistic).

Didn't the 9ers have the 2nd pick in the draft the last year they appeared in the Super Bowl?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 02:14 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't the 9ers have the 2nd pick in the draft the last year they appeared in the Super Bowl?

Yea, but that is probably the exception not the rule (or whatever the saying) I'd say.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 02:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not to defend mediocrity or Zac, but I think asking for a playoff win coming off a 4 win season is asking a lot (unrealistic).

Not common, but it does happen.  Our '88 Super Bowl run came after a 4 win season.  Plus 2 of our last 6 playoff seasons ('09, '11) came after 4 win seasons.

Over the last 25 years there is a long list of teams who made the playoffs after a 4 win season, but these are the only ones who won a playoff game.

'19 Niners (lost Super Bowl)
'18 Colts
'17 Jags
'11 Broncos
'06 Saints
'00 Sainst
'99 Rams (won SuperBowl)
'98 Cards
'96 Jags
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 02:12 PM)jason Wrote: He'd be crazy to... In the NFL top talent gets drafted and forced to play for you. Good luck competing with Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, and the other top SEC schools. Good luck competing with Michigan.

It'd be nice though... We get to rid ourselves of a guy I think doesn't have it, and my Buckeyes get to trounce his ass.

It's probably wishful thinking on my part to see him go to Nebraska, because I'd rather have a different coach for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I vote Go. Even after this win.

I'd give him another year if we win 10+ AND he stops calling the plays.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I vote Go.  Even after this win.

I'd give him another year if we win 10+ AND he stops calling the plays.

Agree.  100%
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
One win closer to staying.

Unpopular opinion here, but I want Zac to stay, and I think the wins will keep building year to year. He’s put together a great team chemistry, and I’m willing to stick with it at this point.

-free agents have been worth the spend and making huge impacts all the way from Hendrickson to Apple.

- drafts are going well. Chase is a stud, using a 5th round pick on a kicker now looks like fresh intelligent move. Guys like Ossai could be huge in coming years. Adenjii stepping in well and Carman looks to be ok too.

-divisional wins in the opponents stadium… about to sweep Pitt here next week. Showed the NFL the blueprint for stopping Lamar and dropped 40 on em….

To me, he’s hitting on all the important aspects. On top of all that, the team mentality seems to be in a great place. Check out the post game from yesterday.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-celebrate-win-over-raiders-las-vegas?fbclid=IwAR3aMbb6wPssi4vs6ESFVVcoMxvasSZvjXW6OYlJGFEUIKNUaSImMJFKK00

That’s one happy Mixon and one happy team.

All is cured after a win, a loss next week and I’m sure the mob will be armed and ready. I think Zac might’ve figured this coaching thing out just in time.
Reply/Quote
We're winning and the players seem to love him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote