Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolphins, Patriots, Lions Could Help Bengals Bye-Week
Any or all of these teams beating an AFC North Team this week would help. Other than Patriots, some of these would be upsets, but upsets have been happening in the NFL the last couple weeks. Dolphins are at home, as Jets were against Bengals. Lions winning at Pittsburgh seems unlikely. Still, any of these teams winning would help. Patriots beating Browns would be no upset.

With all the AFC North teams bunched together, all with a chance for play-offs, and Bengals off this week, why not root for some of the other 3 teams to take a loss, and Bengals move UP without even playing.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:15 AM)kevin Wrote: Any or all of these teams beating an AFC North Team this week would help.  Other than Patriots, some of these would be upsets, but upsets have been happening in the NFL the last couple weeks.  Dolphins are at home, as Jets were against Bengals.  Lions winning at Pittsburgh seems unlikely.  Still, any of these teams winning would help.  Patriots beating Browns would be no upset.

With all the AFC North teams bunched together, all with a chance for play-offs, and Bengals off this week, why not root for some of the other 3 teams to take a loss, and Bengals move UP without even playing.

I do that every week. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I do that every week. 

Normal Sunday for me.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I do that every week. 

Same...but tbh with all the recent losing seasons, I stopped paying attention to what the other AFCN teams were doing. Until now. Their games are very relevant because we're relevant.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
One down, two to go.
Reply/Quote
and Here We Go....Dolphins Beat Ravens

Dolphins Defense shut down Ravens Defense ALL NIGHT LONG on Thursday Night Football. Dolphins Defense even scored a touchdown.

So Ravens fall in Miami.

I'm adding that Patriots over Browns would be no upset Sunday, because Patriots have a top Defense as always. I'm not having much hope on Lions at Pittsburgh, but who knows.

RAVENS LOSE, and put THAT in THE BOOKS.

I watched all of this game. I loved how Dolphins Defense was all over Ravens. Dolphins offense had me worried, but Dolphins Defense scored on a long fumble return. Dolphins did beat Ravens deep a few times as Ravens were up to stuff the run, just as Bengals beat Ravens deep when Ravens over played the run. That is a Ravens weakness. They defense the run so much, a team can hit some wide open plays deep as Dolphins and Bengals did to them. Ravens were positive Dolphins were running the clock down, and could get the ball back to win, but Dolphins fooled them by hitting The Bomb to the 10 yard line, and later Tua scored on QB keep for 1 yard TD. I loved watching Ravens Lose tonight.

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:15 AM)kevin Wrote: Any or all of these teams beating an AFC North Team this week would help.  Other than Patriots, some of these would be upsets, but upsets have been happening in the NFL the last couple weeks.  Dolphins are at home, as Jets were against Bengals.  Lions winning at Pittsburgh seems unlikely.  Still, any of these teams winning would help.  Patriots beating Browns would be no upset.

As rFaulk and many others will say, that is a normal Sunday for me.

Special thanks to the Dolphins who overcame another diarrhea-caked game by the officials to hand the Ratbirds another AFC Loss.  Huge.  Thanks so much.

I am sure it will be all over twitter, but I haven't seen it yet,  you have to see one of the roughing the passer calls against the fins.

Someone with editing skills HAS to make a tweet and everyone retweet it with the NFL with all the BS hits Burrow takes after the ball is out with no flag, and then show this one.  Lamar literally didn't move.  He bumped him, like you might bump someone accidentally at the grocery.  These officials need to be fired and investigations need to be made in to their finances and backgrounds.  Wouldn't be hard to do.  Assholes.  
Reply/Quote
I didn't watch the game, because frankly I did not want to watch the Ravens win again. Someone in the other thread area said Miami ran pretty much the same defensive scheme Lou did. Is that correct?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:26 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Normal Sunday for me.

Like even Sundays in July I’m hoping they somehow lose.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Well this was good news to wake up to. On one hand, it makes me feel better about the Jets loss… on the other hand it makes me question our beat down of the Ravens… are they just bad?

Either way, If Lou created a blueprint for frustrating Lamar then we should all celebrate.
Reply/Quote
As usual I worry about the Bengals losing to inferior teams more than I worry about them losing to better teams.. I'm really hopeful the bye has given them the time to identify what they're doing fundamentally wrong the last two games and fix it..
As for Santa Clause, thanks for the early present via Miami Santa. Are we getting any more presents? I vote yes, I certainly hope so.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
All those Raven injuries starting to slow them down
Reply/Quote
So is the AFC North a great and powerhouse division of talented teams or a subpar division of teams hovering around .500? I feel like the team that wins the AFC North is a first round playoff exit lock.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I didn't watch the game, because frankly I did not want to watch the Ravens win again. Someone in the other thread area said Miami ran pretty much the same defensive scheme Lou did. Is that correct?

I don't know that it looked the same to me but i wasn't looking to compare, so...

What i did see was that they were packing the LoS and played reasonably tight coverage on the OS WRs. It was a guessing game for Lamar on who was coming and who wasn't and Lamar ABSOLUTELY SUCKS on reading and recognition, so he had a terrible night, the last 2 garbage time drives notwithstanding. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Silly rabbit, why not root for all the NFC teams vs the AFC teams!!! We are competing for playoff positioning within the AFC. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 11:44 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So is the AFC North a great and powerhouse division of talented teams or a subpar division of teams hovering around .500? I feel like the team that wins the AFC North is a first round playoff exit lock.

The usual squeelers and ratbird are gapping in talent, the browns & bengals have improved thus the thight division.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:08 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Silly rabbit, why not root for all the NFC teams vs the AFC teams!!! We are competing for playoff positioning within the AFC. 
My rules for watching the NFL.

#1. Always root for the Bengals.
#2. Always root against the other AFCN teams.
#3. Always root for NFC in NFC vs AFC games (not Bengal related).
#4. When 2 non-Bengal AFCN teams play, root for the team that helps Cincy best.

What am I missing?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 11:44 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So is the AFC North a great and powerhouse division of talented teams or a subpar division of teams hovering around .500? I feel like the team that wins the AFC North is a first round playoff exit lock.

Alright, that's our jam!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:29 PM)Mer Wrote: My rules for watching the NFL.

#1. Always root for the Bengals.
#2. Always root against the other AFCN teams.
#3. Always root for NFC in NFC vs AFC games (not Bengal related).
#4. When 2 non-Bengal AFCN teams play, root for the team that helps Cincy best.

What am I missing?

# 1a. Always root for the Yankees!!!  Wink

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Honestly a first round exit would be a successful season for this ZT team IMO. Fans will be mad but overall surpassing expectations. Playoff win would just be icing on the cake. Ya, I’ve got low expectations, but I feel they are realistic for a team that only won 6 games the previous 2 seasons…
Reply/Quote