Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dolphins wanted Burrow really, really bad…
(02-02-2022, 02:13 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Gaming lawyers are one of the few forces that could realistically challenge the NFL.

And why would they? They get golden eggs too.. Once the league started to sanction gambling those lawyers all got their own personal goose.. Are you kidding me?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-02-2022, 02:16 PM)grampahol Wrote: And why would they? They get golden eggs too.. Once the league started to sanction gambling those lawyers all got their own personal goose.. Are you kidding me?  

If the books have to refund 2019 Fins bets, that could be a lot.
Here's the thing about game fixing from my point of view..It's the way it works. It's a business plain and simple, not a charity or do gooder institute. They're all in it to make money. The players don't turn down multi million dollar contracts on principle. They like coming from humble beginnings to sudden riches as much as anyone else and if they win or lose it doesn't really matter as long as they're getting paid. Some try harder for sure and it's not the easiest way to make a buttload of money really fast, but it damned sure beats the alternative of staying poor or having to resort to drug smuggling or murder for hire.. lol
The overwhelming majority of players don't live in the towns they play in and don't really have any real connection to the city other than their paycheck gets signed there..maybe..for all I know they're signed by some schmuck in France.. 
Anyway, it's a business and business doesn't play fair unless they're forced to.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(02-02-2022, 02:20 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: If the books have to refund 2019 Fins bets, that could be a lot.

Good luck asking a bookie for a refund..
"You cheated!  I want a refund!"
"Sure thing pal.. Checks in the mail.." lol 
It ain't called the PAL..(Polly Anna League)

I'm also not sure this is about Burrow as tanking for Tua was the "thing" up until November of 2019. So this offer must have come late in the season if it was about Burrow.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(02-02-2022, 03:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm also not sure this is about Burrow as tanking for Tua was the "thing" up until November of 2019. So this offer must have come late in the season if it was about Burrow.

Well tanking is Tanking no matter whos the target....

So we need to look at the colts the year peyton was hurt too... (suck for Luck) year.
(02-02-2022, 01:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin would certainly help any claim/attack against MB.

I too thought Miami had been doing it the right way. But their owner is a little suspect, so none of these claims surprise me. 

I'm still surprised E.B didn't get a shot. Given the non playcallers that got jobs (so he not calling plays really isn't the issue). It definitely could be he has some really bad character (not enough to not have a job), but these things tend to look bad.

If I were an NFL owner, I wouldn't take ANYONE from And Reid's coaching staff. He's got Bienemy, who has a lengthy rap sheet, he's got his son who severely injured a young girl with a brain injury that the Chief's are now going to pay for world class healthcare, for the rest of her life according to the settlement. Seems to me Reid needs to get his house in order. 
Everyone should take some time to read the actual lawsuit and we can expect many more people to join him. The statistics, examples, and statements from the league are all compelling and convincing. The owners are racist, in that they are biased toward white coaches and coordinators and even ownership. What Miami did to Flores was ridiculous. They were telling the black coach to go lose games for a couple hundred grand and ruin his career. It's easy to fire the black coach who couldn't win, right? And we all know he did an exceptional job with no talent.

The league can object all they want, but 70% of the players are black and watching.

It should also be noted Flores is asking for change and not a specified amount of money. The dude went full Kapernich and it's going to be ugly.

America is so racist, when you protest it people are thinking you are protesting America.
(02-02-2022, 03:31 PM)yang Wrote: Everyone should take some time to read the actual lawsuit and we can expect many more people to join him.   The statistics, examples, and statements from the league are all compelling and convincing.  The owners are racist, in that they are biased toward white coaches and coordinators and even ownership.   What Miami did to Flores was ridiculous.  They were telling the black coach to go lose games for a couple hundred grand and ruin his career.  It's easy to fire the black coach who couldn't win, right?  And we all know he did an exceptional job with no talent.  

The league can object all they want, but  70% of the players are black and watching.  

It should also be noted Flores is asking for change and not a specified amount of money.    The dude went full Kapernich and it's going to be ugly.

America is so racist, when you protest it people are thinking you are protesting America.

I think it was YOU who didnt read the lawsuit, the racism allegations are not against the Dolphins.
(02-02-2022, 03:33 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I think it was YOU who didnt read the lawsuit, the racism allegations are not against the Dolphins.

LOL, sure it is.  They are named as are the league and the NFL.  What do you think all the stuff was in there about Miami?

It is a discrimination lawsuit.  That is what it is.  

edit- also if the reports were true about Hugh tanking in Cleveland. What about Houston's coach who lasted a year. Do you think owners agree to help with minority hires and then demand they tank?
(02-02-2022, 03:31 PM)yang Wrote: Everyone should take some time to read the actual lawsuit and we can expect many more people to join him.   The statistics, examples, and statements from the league are all compelling and convincing.  The owners are racist, in that they are biased toward white coaches and coordinators and even ownership.   What Miami did to Flores was ridiculous.  They were telling the black coach to go lose games for a couple hundred grand and ruin his career.  It's easy to fire the black coach who couldn't win, right?  And we all know he did an exceptional job with no talent.  

The league can object all they want, but  70% of the players are black and watching.  

It should also be noted Flores is asking for change and not a specified amount of money.    The dude went full Kapernich and it's going to be ugly.

So are they racists for preferring black players??? How does this logic work exactly?
(02-02-2022, 03:35 PM)yang Wrote: LOL, sure it is.  They are named as are the league and the NFL.  What do you think all the stuff was in there about Miami?

It is a discrimination lawsuit.  That is what it is.  

edit- also if the reports were true about Hugh tanking in Cleveland.  What about Houston's coach who lasted a year.   Do you think owners agree to help with minority hires and then demand they tank?

Reeks of desperation to me. Hue knows he's never getting another HC position with his record in Cleveland, so why not jump on?
This is gonna get ugly, I think this should go to the politics section
(02-02-2022, 03:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So are they racists for preferring black players??? How does this logic work exactly?

LOL, are you serious?  Is this a joke?  Plantation owners are racists because they hire black people to pick cotton?  That's your argument?  
(02-02-2022, 03:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Reeks of desperation to me. Hue knows he's never getting another HC position with his record in Cleveland, so why not jump on?

Desperation?   He just showed he was one of the best coaches in the NFL.  He could get a job and took the hit for other minorities.  How about this. the majority of the owners and management are racist and and they admit it but did nothing except throw lip service with a laughable rule. 
(02-02-2022, 03:41 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: This is gonna get ugly, I think this should go to the politics section

It really shouldn't.  Everyone should oppose racism.  Everyone should support Flores.  This is easy. 
(02-02-2022, 01:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bring up race triggers people and they lose focus on the point. One of the points of the lawsuit is that the Dolphins brass were upset he didn't tank and assassination his character in order to fire him.

The race part comes from the Rooney rule failure and he has receipts from the text confirming the Giants had already decided on who they were hiring but need him to get round the Rooney rule. 

Also the race part comes from how coaches like he, Lovie Smith, old Lions coach, and even Houston coach don't get long leashes given the record they had when fired (with the exception of the Houston coach who had a bad record but certainly didn't deserve to be canned given what he walked into).

Also the number of African American coaches (that outweigh the number of non minority coaches) at the assistant coach level not really reflective the same way for the HC opportunities.

Flores doesn't have a lot of room to stand on, though.  Eight new HC's were hired in '19.  All four that still have a job(Taylor, LaFleur, Kingsberry, and Arians) made the playoffs this year.  Of the four that have been fired, he got the same 3 years that Fangio got, one more year than Gase, and two more years than Kitchens. 
(02-02-2022, 03:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: Flores doesn't have a lot of room to stand on, though.  Eight new HC's were hired in '19.  All four that still have a job(Taylor, LaFleur, Kingsberry, and Arians) made the playoffs this year.  Of the four that have been fired, he got the same 3 years that Fangio got, one more year than Gase, and two more years than Kitchens. 

There is one black NFL coach.  The statistics are extremely bad for the NFL.  Especially when you look at tenure, opportunity and the tank factor. 
I'm not sure people actually read it.

https://www.wigdorlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Complaint-against-National-Football-League-et-al-Filed.pdf

Many players desire to coach for their post-playing careers. Others desire to work their way into management-level positions at one of the NFL’s 32 Teams. Unfortunately, for Black individuals, that is easier said than done.

 Only 1 of the NFL’s 32 teams (3%) employs a Black Head
Coach;
 Only 4 of the NFL’s 32 teams (12%) employ a Black
Offensive Coordinator;
 Only 11 of the NFL’s 32 teams (34%) employ a Black
Defensive Coordinator;
Case 1:22-cv-00871 Document 1 Filed 02/01/22 Page 2 of 58
 Only 8 of the NFL’s 32 teams (25%) employ a Black
Special Teams Coordinator;
 Only 3 of the NFL’s 32 teams (9%) employ a Black
Quarterback Coach; and
 Only 6 of the NFL’s 32 teams (19%) employ a Black
General Manager.

6. These numbers come from a pool of players that is approximately 70% Black.
This is not by chance. Rather, the statistics above and those described throughout this Complaint
are the result of race discrimination.

7. The NFL has effectively conceded this point. Troy Vincent, the NFL Executive
Vice President of Football Operations, recently stated with regard to Black Head Coaches:

There is a double standard, and we’ve seen that . . . And you talk
about the appetite for what’s acceptable. Let’s just go back to . . .
Coach Dungy was let go in Tampa Bay after a winning season. . .
Coach Wilks, just a few years prior, was let go after one year . . .
Coach Caldwell was fired after a winning season in Detroit . . . It is
part of the larger challenges that we have. But when you just look
over time, it’s over-indexing for men of color. These men have
been fired after a winning season. How do you explain that?
There is a double standard. I don’t think that that is something that
we should shy away from. But that is all part of some of the things
that we need to fix in the system. We want to hold everyone to
why does one, let’s say, get the benefit of the doubt to be able to
build or take bumps and bruises in this process of getting a
franchise turned around when others are not afforded that latitude?
. . . [W]e’ve seen that in history at the [professional] level.1

8. Similarly, Jonathan Beane, the NFL’s Senior Vice President and Chief Diversity
& Inclusion Officer, stated:

Any criticism we get for lack of representation at the GM and head
coach positions, we deserve. We see that we’re not where we want
to be. We have to do much better. We’re focusing on all roles at....
This is how the board turns civil war 1.5 weeks prior to the Super Bowl. Big Grin