Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Expect A Miracle Upset Win At Denver
Bengal Fans never get it. Over the years I've seen posts on here that we should win at Denver so easy. Most NFL Fans know that Denver is a hard place to play. They have a true home field advantage. We can start with Mile High and how high up it is and the difference in air. Visiting teams go there and they become short of breath and fatigued. Many players have said it really takes it toll in the second half. ....Then there are the Denver Fans. Always very loud, twice the noise of an at Cincinnati Game. Many at Denver games I have seen the camera shaking and the TV picture shaking in the 4th quarter and this is due to the stadium is actually shaking from Denver Fans stomping and yelling. THAT makes it also very hard for visiting teams.....So even when Denver has a bad team, which isn't often, they are still in a hard place for visiting teams to play.

We have Denver who's offense has also been struggling. Maybe more due to the QB than the O Line problems Bengals have. The Broncos defense which should have been the best in NFL is not up to expectations, maybe due to lack of offense. We see this with a very good Bengals defense forced to be on the field more due to no offense. I would say the Bengals awful offensive line is just what the doctor ordered for the Broncos defense. Look for O.G.BooHe to get destroyed again as Denver blows up our O Line all game. This means no offense for Dalton, Green, Mixon and others due to no blocking. Denver is just the defense to destroy our O Line. On the other side our defense will get fatigued being on the field so much in Mile High. Denver has running and receivers and blocking enough to beat us.

So don't expect a miracle upset win in Denver. At least go into this game as Fans knowing that Denver is one of the hardest stadiums in the NFL to play every year, and that although Denver is struggling they are still a better team than Bengals are. I see no reason for Fans to think we are catching Broncos at right time. I see us as going to Denver where Bengals always lose, but with even less chance of winning with no blocking. Denvers Defense destroys Bengals offensive line all game long. At least go into this knowing Bengals never win at Denver. The 2017 Bengals chances are very slim. Add In John Elway and football people in their owners box and Mike Brown and his family of lawyers in ours, and throw in their coach probably out coaching Marvin. I hear not one coach is signed for 2018, which means there is no commitment to anything the Bengals are doing. .....Lets go into this game knowing Bengals are the huge underdogs and that even good Bengals teams over the 50 years have lost at Denver.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don't expect a win by any means. I can't even imagine such a thing.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't tell me my business.
Reply/Quote
The Broncos sucks this year. They have no offense. Their defense is good, but has it's flaws. I don't even think they're mediocre this year.... Now replace Broncos with Bengals, and it still is true. The Broncos should win since they have home field advantage, but it's not like it's not out of the realm of possibility that we win. Honestly it doesn't matter if we win or not.
Reply/Quote
Why would a win in Denver be a miracle, they have the same record, and the same problems, that we do.... plus they don't really have a QB. Not saying we win, but in this upcoming suckfest, one truly horrible team will win. If it's the Bengals, it won't be any miracle.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will win... Can't have too decent a draft pick or a total housecleaning of the coaching staff now can we?

In other news, I just locked my keys in my truck.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't expect a win.  In fact far from it.

This should be the "get healthy" game for the Broncos.  The Bengals inability to run the ball will play directly into the strength of the Denver edge rushing defense. 

What's the over/under on Bodine getting steamrolled by Peko?  That will be the highlight of the game..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 09:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's the over/under on Bodine getting steamrolled by Peko?  That will be the highlight of the game..

Oh man, now I'm REALLY looking forward to the game..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Considring their record a win against Denver isn't an upset. It definitely won't be a miracle.
Reply/Quote
How miraculous can a win over a Brock Osweiller-led team that is currently on a 5-game losing streak that started by losing to the 2nd worst team in the NFL?

I'm more likely to warn people to not think a win over the Broncos means anything has changed for the better for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 09:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't expect a win.  In fact far from it.

This should be the "get healthy" game for the Broncos.  The Bengals inability to run the ball will play directly into the strength of the Denver edge rushing defense. 

What's the over/under on Bodine getting steamrolled by Peko?  That will be the highlight of the game..
Denver defense against our offensive line.  OgBooHe getting blown away every play this season is in for a long day.  So are Fisher, Bodine and the rest.   ...When we run, Denver will not be blocked....When we dink pass, Denver will be all over it.....When Dalton tries to pass down field OgBooHe, Fisher, Bodine will be knocked backwards as Denver is all over Dalton worse than Steelers, worse than Colts, worse than Jaguars. ...Denver Broncos might just hand us a shutout, unless our defense scores.  

Peko and Von Miller steam rolling into our backfield and of course because our O Line has been getting steam rolled all season.  Bengals O Line vs Broncos defense in Denver with their loud 12th man fans. Dalton will be running for his life.  This may be like Jacksonville where Marvin is happy just to punt the entire 4th quarter and call it a day early.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I no longer have expectations of a win over the Browns let alone an actual professional football team.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Denver is 3-6. The Bengals are 3-6.

Why would us beating Denver be considered an upset?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Denver is 3-6. The Bengals are 3-6.

Why would us beating Denver be considered an upset?

They are 2.5 favorites which doesn't make it much of an upset, but you also have to factor in the automatic 7 they get for their opening drive.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 09:14 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Broncos sucks this year. They have no offense. Their defense is good, but has it's flaws. I don't even think they're mediocre this year.... Now replace Broncos with Bengals, and it still is true. The Broncos should win since they have home field advantage, but it's not like it's not out of the realm of possibility that we win. Honestly it doesn't matter if we win or not.

Denver's defense is still better than the Bengals. And they have better receivers (yes, Thomas+Sanders are better than AJ+LaFell) and a better running game.
I expect the Broncos to win, but not a lot of points scored.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They are 2.5 favorites which doesn't make it much of an upset, but you also have to factor in the automatic 7 they get for their opening drive.  

Yeah...they've lost 5 in a row too.

I think the Bengals thing to do would be to beat Denver then Cleveland to be 5-6 and give fans hope and kill the high draft pick chances.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 07:44 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengal Fans never get it.  Over the years I've seen posts on here that we should win at Denver so easy.  Most NFL Fans know that Denver is a hard place to play.  They have a true home field advantage.  We can start with Mile High and how high up it is and the difference in air.  Visiting teams go there and they become short of breath and fatigued.  Many players have said it really takes it toll in the second half.  ....Then there are the Denver Fans.  Always very loud, twice the noise of an at Cincinnati Game.  Many at Denver games I have seen the camera shaking and the TV picture shaking in the 4th quarter and this is due to the stadium is actually shaking from Denver Fans stomping and yelling. THAT makes it also very hard for visiting teams.....So even when Denver has a bad team, which isn't often, they are still in a hard place for visiting teams to play.

We have Denver who's offense has also been struggling.  Maybe more due to the QB than the O Line problems Bengals have.  The Broncos defense which should have been the best in NFL is not up to expectations, maybe due to lack of offense.  We see this with a very good Bengals defense forced to be on the field more due to no offense.  I would say the Bengals awful offensive line is just what the doctor ordered for the Broncos defense.  Look for O.G.BooHe to get destroyed again as Denver blows up our O Line all game.  This means no offense for Dalton, Green, Mixon and others due to no blocking.  Denver is just the defense to destroy our O Line.  On the other side our defense will get fatigued being on the field so much in Mile High.  Denver has running and receivers and blocking enough to beat us.  

So don't expect a miracle upset win in Denver.  At least go into this game as Fans knowing that Denver is one of the hardest stadiums in the NFL to play every year,  and that although Denver is struggling they are still a better team than Bengals are.  I see no reason for Fans to think we are catching Broncos at right time. I see us as going to Denver where Bengals always lose, but with even less chance of winning with no blocking.  Denvers Defense destroys Bengals offensive line all game long.  At least go into this knowing Bengals never win at Denver.  The 2017 Bengals chances are very slim. Add In John Elway and football people in their owners box and Mike Brown and his family of lawyers in ours, and throw in their coach probably out coaching Marvin. I hear not one coach is signed for 2018, which means there is no commitment to anything the Bengals are doing.  .....Lets go into this game knowing Bengals are the huge underdogs and that even good Bengals teams over the 50 years have lost at Denver.

I don't see how it would be a miracle upset Broncos have been really bad this year.  Not even sure we are the underdog
Reply/Quote
Im hoping for a loss, the higher the draft pick the better and another nail in Marvin's coffin.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They are 2.5 favorites which doesn't make it much of an upset, but you also have to factor in the automatic 7 they get for their opening drive.  

I read somewhere that Mile High gets about 2.0 when a team travels from the east, so really they have it almost even. 

I'm saying Bengals by 6. Something about a blind squirrel.....
Reply/Quote
We will lose to Denver this week, giving them their first win in 5 tries. We will lose to Cleveland the week after, giving them their first win. And we will most definitely lose to Pittsburgh after that, Marvs favorite team (literally).

Hopefully, somewhere in between that shit show Marv is publicly humiliated enough to quit or Mike is disgusted enough to finally fire him.
Reply/Quote