Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Stay in School (video/topic)
(11-09-2015, 07:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Plus, Lucie does not value education.  He thinks kids are better off getting on-the-job training.  

So I am guessing that if he is "evaluated" then there is no way in hell he gets a voucher.

But he is going to have his girlfriends kids homeschooled anyway, so it really won't matter.

I wonder how Ben Carson's eval would have went?  His reverend father married his mother when she was 13, but they divorced when she found out her husband had another family and she was a divorced mom working 2-3 jobs at a time and received food stamps and welfare to support him and his brother.
(11-09-2015, 04:20 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Lack of control was one of the issues, but poor educational technique was one of the more egregious issues.  On average the PACE program teachers regularly underperformed the traditional teachers.

I am not familiar with your Pace program. But I think there should be a system to train professionals to teach. Similar to what they do or did for the military. Troops to teachers.
(11-09-2015, 08:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am not familiar with your Pace program.   But I think there should be a system to train professionals to teach.   Similar to what they do or did for the military.   Troops to teachers.

"Real life" military experience doesn't make a veteran a better or more talented teacher than their civilian peer.  But, you wouldn't know, would you?
(11-09-2015, 06:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How would your business experience help teach PE?

You mean like leadership, setting a plan, and executing that plan while motivating others to follow.

Working with others for a common goal.

Loads of life lessons in sports. Leaving how to shoot a basketball isn't the primary goal of Physical Education.
(11-09-2015, 08:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You mean like leadership, setting a plan, and executing that plan while motivating others to follow.  

Working with others for a common goal.  

Loads of life lessons in sports.   Leaving how to shoot a basketball isn't the primary goal of Physical Education.

Business experience doesn't make you a good leader, planner, or motivator.  Business experience doesn't teach how to teach others how to lead, plan, or motivate.

What type of planning do students do during PE to pass PE?
(11-09-2015, 08:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: "Real life" military experience doesn't make a veteran a better or more talented teacher than their civilian peer.  But, you wouldn't know, would you?

There is a successful program to train them to be teachers. If you were actually paying attention we were talking about that training. SSS mentioned his Pace program as not being efficient and o brought up troops to teachers because it is effective. Has nothing to do with being a vet or not. Especially since the question was advocating for teachers with real life experience.

But please don't let me stop you from missing the point of the exchange just so you can toss out a half cooked insult.
(11-09-2015, 08:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Business experience doesn't make you a good leader, planner, or motivator.  Business experience doesn't teach how to teach others how to lead, plan, or motivate.

What type of planning do students do during PE to pass PE?

So leading employees towards a common goal that you formulated isn't expierence in leadership?

And PE is all about planning. It's not roll the ball out and play basketball for an hour. It's never about the sport played it's about how to plan, set up a group, and lead that group.

Obviously you have never been in a real PE class that wasn't instructed by someone who just rolls out the balls.

We used to make them get into small groups the. Take turns teaching the skills and strategy for the day to the others. We had them set up workout plans for a group and for themselves. And make a schedule to carry out their plan.

The skills for the day was irrelevant for the purposes of the class. It was just a way to give a variety in different expierences plus show them sports they were not always accustomed that they could do as adults.
(11-09-2015, 09:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is a successful program to train them to be teachers.   If you were actually paying attention we were talking about that training.   SSS mentioned his Pace program as not being efficient and o brought up troops to teachers because it is effective.    Has nothing to do with being a vet or not.   Especially since the question was advocating for teachers with real life experience.    

But please don't let me stop you from missing the point of the exchange just so you can toss out a half cooked insult.

http://troopstoteachers.net/AbouttheProgram/Overview.aspx

"Troops to Teachers is not a teacher certification program. "

http://troopstoteachers.net/AbouttheProgram/WhatWeDo.aspx

Individual Counseling. Financial Support. Scholarships/Funds. Placement Assistance.

http://troopstoteachers.net/AbouttheProgram/Process.aspx

"Troops to Teachers does not train or certify teachers, but rather helps you to find and enter the programs that do."

What Troops to Teacher does not do is "train them to be teachers." The veterans enroll in the same schools taking the same education classes to become teachers as their civilian peers. Try educating yourself before speaking out of your 4th point of contact again. If you had a lick of common sense you would be so embarrassed from repeatedly making yourself appear stupid you would shut up. But, I give you credit. You've never let your complete lack of knowledge on a topic stop you from talking out your ass about it.
(11-09-2015, 09:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So leading employees towards a common goal that you formulated isn't expierence in leadership?  

Having experience in leadership doesn't necessarily make you a good leader nor does it mean you can teach leadership.

Quote:And PE is all about planning.   It's not roll the ball out and play basketball for an hour.   It's never about the sport played it's about how to plan, set up a group, and lead that group.  

Obviously you have never been in a real PE class that wasn't instructed by someone who just rolls out the balls.  

We used to make them get into small groups the. Take turns teaching the skills and strategy for the day to the others.    We had them set up workout plans for a group and for themselves.  And make a schedule to carry out their plan.

The skills for the day was irrelevant for the purposes of the class.   It was just a way to give a variety in different expierences plus show them sports they were not always accustomed that they could do as adults.
Case in point.
(11-09-2015, 11:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://troopstoteachers.net/AbouttheProgram/Overview.aspx

"Troops to Teachers is not a teacher certification program. "

http://troopstoteachers.net/AbouttheProgram/WhatWeDo.aspx

Individual Counseling.  Financial Support.  Scholarships/Funds.  Placement Assistance.

http://troopstoteachers.net/AbouttheProgram/Process.aspx

"Troops to Teachers does not train or certify teachers, but rather helps you to find and enter the programs that do."

What Troops to Teacher does not do is "train them to be teachers."  The veterans enroll in the same schools taking the same education classes to become teachers as their civilian peers.  Try educating yourself before speaking out of your 4th point of contact again.  If you had a lick of common sense you would be so embarrassed from repeatedly making yourself appear stupid you would shut up.  But, I give you credit.  You've never let your complete lack of knowledge on a topic stop you from talking out your ass about it.

Because certifications are by state.
(11-09-2015, 11:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Having experience in leadership doesn't necessarily make you a good leader nor does it mean you can teach leadership.

Case in point.

You really have zero clue. You obviously have no idea what goes on in a PE classroom. But please continue making yourself look like an idiot.

PE class for you is probably play dodgeball the whole time after taking attendance . I can only imagine what careless PE teachers you had in school.

I have been a NASPE member since 98.
(11-10-2015, 07:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because certifications are by state.

Can you read?  Troops to Teachers does not train teachers as you claimed.

(11-09-2015, 09:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is a successful program to train them to be teachers.   If you were actually paying attention we were talking about that training. 

(11-09-2015, 11:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://troopstoteachers.net/AbouttheProgram/Process.aspx

But, of course, you focus on the single word "certify" in the post completely ignoring everything else.  I even posted links to the primary source of information so you could educate yourself IOT stop making yourself look like a fool.  But, nooooooooooooooo . . . You're clearly wrong, but won't admit so.  Your inability to read and understand simply English probably isn't among the top 5 reasons you are no longer a teacher (if you ever were.)
(11-10-2015, 07:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You really have zero clue.   You obviously have no idea what goes on in a PE classroom.  But please continue making yourself look like an idiot.  

PE class for you is probably play dodgeball the whole time after taking attendance .  I can only imagine what careless PE teachers you had in school.  

I have been a NASPE member since 98.

Which means you were 22, fresh out of college, and had none of your real world business experience you claim is what teachers need, but now you're claiming you were some shit hot teacher without any real world experience.  So once again you contradict yourself.  As usual.