Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with Daltin
(11-26-2018, 05:26 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This is exactly what I've been demanding for 5 f'n seasons.  They are both mediocre at best and mediocre at the critical position of QB and Head Coach does not get it done in the NFL.

You are exactly right. Even james rapien and goodberry talked about this last year on their podcast,that you got to have atleast one if not both.  Ive preached it too. Ive been fooled by this team several times i think everyone has but it all comes back down to the same issues. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well Dalton did have a 21 yard scramble.  He's not exactly a pocket passer per say but I see what you mean Faulk.

Driskel hasn't had his ass handed to him on a regular basis yet either.

Romo mentioned that he'd seen Dalton peeking at his tackles before last year...  mostly RT when they were marching Ced O out there as starter.

He said when you start doing that as a QB you're cooked.

Dalton might just be damaged goods here with the current personnel or just in general.

There most definitely is an accumulative factor at play here, just like there was with CP.  A guy, especially a QB, can only take so much of playing here.  Eventually, the guy just gets too beaten down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:56 AM)McC Wrote: There most definitely is an accumulative factor at play here, just like there was with CP.  A guy, especially a QB, can only take so much of playing here.  Eventually, the guy just gets too beaten down.

Bungalized
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:56 AM)McC Wrote: There most definitely is an accumulative factor at play here, just like there was with CP.  A guy, especially a QB, can only take so much of playing here.  Eventually, the guy just gets too beaten down.

He's just gotta do better on 3rd down, and do his job...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

CP is easily the most infamous to ever demand a trade. But there were PLENTY of others who've wanted out over the past 28 seasons (or at least had nothing positive to say about the organization when they left, i.e. TJ and J Joe). 

I wonder exactly how many there are? I'm sure it's a high number... 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want Marvin and Dalton gone.

I respect that. I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if Marvin Lewis has held Dalton back just as Fisher held back Goff.

I can't wait to see him elsewhere. A lot of questions will get answered (again...just as they were with Palmer).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:35 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: CP is easily the most infamous to ever demand a trade. But there were PLENTY of others who've wanted out over the past 28 seasons (or at least had nothing positive to say about the organization when they left, i.e. TJ and J Joe). 

I wonder exactly how many there are? I'm sure it's a high number... 

Truth be told I'm sure the number is high. And moreover how many free agents say "thanks but no thanks" ?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:09 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marvin is basically Jeff Fishers coaching doppelganger. 

So you agree Marvin has what it takes to get to a Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Brees is light years ahead of Dalton. So is Rodgers. Both have SBs.

Do you know how many QBs out there would love to have an AJ Green to throw to? Dalton's weapons are not as weak as you think.

So, even superb QBs don't do well without talent around them. Otherwise, the Saints would not have below .500 record three straight years, until last year. Also, GB wouldn't have a worse record than us this year.

AJ is a great receiver, but he has been out three weeks. It's not just who is on your roster, but who is able to play.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: I disagree. We need creativity, and innovation on the sidelines. Jared Goff is nothing special. Cooper Kupp... Robert Woods... C'mon man. That is coaching in LA. We're seeing the same thing in New Orleans and KC... New England's been doing it for years.

This.

I would like to see what he could do with a sideline that believed in beating opponents.  We have seen Andy plenty of times come out on fire and put up great numbers in a half just for our coach to neuter the offense.  When the training wheels are off Dalton has shown capable of scoring lots of points.  Just need a coach with killer instinct that doesn't play to not to lose once this team gets a 10 pt lead.  Not to lose is how you lose. Hence Marvin Lewis and his special brand of Marvball.

This season is a mess because the defense is soooo bad even bad offenses score on every possession against us.  There is maybe 3 teams in the league that can keep up with that pace on offense.  Thats why the Saints, Cheifs, and Rams wreck everyone.  Only those teams have the fire power to compete among themselves.
Reply/Quote
In '08 Roethlisberger had 17 tds, 15 ints, and a passer rating of 80.1

In '13 Dalton had a higher passer rating (88.8) than Tom Brady (87.3)

EVERY quarterback struggles when he does not have as much talent around him.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 10:32 AM)jason Wrote: He's just gotta do better on 3rd down, and do his job...

crap Marvin is cat fishing this board
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:08 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: crap Marvin is cat fishing this board

That doesn't matter. I've got to do a better job of getting everybody ready to execute.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you agree Marvin has what it takes to get to a Super Bowl?

Yep. In 1999 maybe.

In 2018 he is a washed up, outdated defense-first guy that holds offenses back and coaches mediocre teams on a yearly basis.

Just like Jeff Fisher.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:12 PM)car91 Wrote: If things aren’t perfect he folds like a lawn chair. He has no killer instinct.

Since he entered the league in 2011 only ONE QB has more "4th quarter comebacks" and "4th quarter game winning drives" (per profootballreference.com) than Andy Dalton.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&player_id_hint=&player_id_select=&player_id=&idx=&year_min=2011&year_max=2018&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=&age_max=&pos%5B%5D=QB&pos%5B%5D=WR&pos%5B%5D=RB&pos%5B%5D=TE&pos%5B%5D=OL&pos%5B%5D=DL&pos%5B%5D=LB&pos%5B%5D=DB&game_type=R&playoff_round=&league_id=&team_id=&opp_id=&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&stadium_id=&game_day_of_week=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&time_zone=&comeback=Y&handedness=&is_active=&is_hof=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c5val=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=pass_td

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&player_id_hint=&player_id_select=&player_id=&idx=&year_min=2011&year_max=2018&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=&age_max=&pos%5B%5D=QB&pos%5B%5D=WR&pos%5B%5D=RB&pos%5B%5D=TE&pos%5B%5D=OL&pos%5B%5D=DL&pos%5B%5D=LB&pos%5B%5D=DB&game_type=R&playoff_round=&league_id=&team_id=&opp_id=&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&stadium_id=&game_day_of_week=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&time_zone=&gwd=Y&handedness=&is_active=&is_hof=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c5val=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=pass_td
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A burning desire to win. 

He has nothing even resembling this.

Only 6 QBs have more wins than Dalton since 2011.

And none of them had to win while playing for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 6 QBs have more wins than Dalton since 2011.

And none of them had to win while playing for the Bengals.

Logic doesn't work here. 

I just shake my head and move on.  After Dalton is long gone, Marvin and Mikey are still running things, we will blame some other young, talented kid. 

Horrendous fan base that shines bright when we lose. It's great. You really get to the knowledge or lack thereof on display  

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Even with a great coach I don’t think Andy could put up the kinds of numbers Goff did in that shootout against KC. 400+ yds 4 TD’s 0 int. He’s just not that guy.

Goff threw the ball 49 times to get 413 yards and 4 tds.  His passer rating was just 117.0.

Dalton has had great games where he would have put up much better numbers if he had thrown the ball that much

Jets '13... 30 att, 325 yds, 5 td, 125.7 rating
Min '13... 38 att, 363 yds, 4 td, 136.2 rating
Bal '15... 32 att, 383 yds, 3 td, 122.3 rating
Det '13... 34 att, 372 yds, 3 td, 135.9 rating
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:14 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote:  I bet driskel started this game he wins it. I bet he beats the broncos next week. 

How much you betting?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:37 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Logic doesn't work here. 

I just shake my head and move on.  After Dalton is long gone, Marvin and Mikey are still running things, we will blame some other young, talented kid. 

Horrendous fan base that shines bright when we lose. It's great. You really get to the knowledge or lack thereof on display  

You don’t just shake your head and move on though. You whine about people that don’t hold Andy Dalton in as high regard as you and call out their football knowledge.

At least cherry pick some stats to fit your argument like Fred.

Reply/Quote